• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Alex Trebek passed away

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Sadly, the news just reported that Alex Trebek, the host of Jeopardy, just passed away at his home today. He was 80, battling Pancreatic Cancer.

If you ever watched Jeopardy, what fond memories do you have watching him? Or anything else that comes to mind - what did you think of him?

Years
    • Seen today
    It's devastating. I had followed his story, and it looked like he was on a path to recovery. I'm glad the way he passed was peacefully, surrounded by family.

Years
  • I was never big on jeopardy myself, I have watched some of the episodes though and he was a very good host and deserves all the respect in the world. RIP Alex Trebek and glad he was surrounded by his family at the end.

Years
  • I know he had been battling with cancer for years and it's very sombering news. Some of my favorite memories as a child was watching Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and The Price is Right with my Grandfather before he passed and this feels like another little part of childhood fading away. Not to take away for Trebek's passing but this year seems to be unrelenting and even though a new year won't resolve any of these issues going on, it will be nice to feel like we are starting somewhat fresh, I think we all need it. Rest in peace Alex, you were loved by many and you won't be forgotten.

Years
  • Really sad. He was a great guy and fantastic host. I can't imagine anyone else doing the job.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I don't think I watched too much Jeopardy but I became familiar with him when he was the host of Dancing with the Stars. The new host is so terrible and I wish Alex was the host again. May he rest in peace.

Years
  • I feel bad that I didn't know who he was, but learning was definitely a shocker. All the best to his friends and family. Always so horrible hearing about a death :(

Back