• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • India somehow has such a strong following of Pokemon, as we have plenty of users who hail from there recently

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • tell Setsuna that the cake is lovely! and thank you :D why don't you guys get a cake for ur bday tho? is that not a common thing for an occasion like that? for us it's the first thing we buy.
    She's happy to hear, I thought the same too!

It's a pretty common thing for the occasion, but honestly not a lot of my birthdays have like... mattered? That's probably too depressing of a way to put it, but my birthdays have never really been celebrated. People don't often remember the day (it's 5 days after Christmas so they just get grouped together) and I often haven't had things to do or people to spend it with. Most of my birthdays have just been spent doing whatever I've normally been doing every day, sometimes spending some time at night with people online, and that's kinda been it.
    I've been gradually trying to do more and more with my birthday but not having many local friends and the state of the world makes that tough. I did want to get a cake though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • oh shoot you're a late December person then. ahh that do be sort of unfortunate. a lot of my friends who have bdays within that timeframe just get their gifts lumped in with their xmas ones. in the long run though it saves a lot of cash money for the family lol, but i can understand that people would be too into preparing for the New Year instead of celebrating on your actual day.

you should totally get a cake this year though.

Setsuna

Years
  • Yeah that's pretty much exactly how it feels. It does really suck but I've sort of just put up with it by this point. It's reassuring to hear people actually remember or say things to me like "When we celebrate your birthday it'll be great" after I tell them I've never really had an interesting one. I do have a picture of a birthday a couple years ago where a couple friends pushed me around in a shopping cart though, sometimes I remember that happening. So it hasn't been all gloom. I'm happy for the things I have had.

Years
  • we'll celebrate it with PC for this year then! i'm terrible with remembering bdays but i'll do my best!

Setsuna

Years
  • If you open this thread, you must post

Thanks, I appreciate that, even if you do forget.

It's pretty much the rest of the year away now, since my last passed pretty recently. I don't mean to make a big deal out of it or make people feel like they have to remember, I hope it hasn't sounded like I've been complaining. Friends of mine have done things like draw art of characters I like for me on my birthday the past couple years and that has been more than I'd expected. You don't really need to do anything for me for it, and I don't even know yours, right?

Years
  • hey don't worry about it, you didn't sound like you were complaining at all. you just deserve to experience a traditional celebration is all hehe. we may not be able to provide a physical cake, but i'm sure i'll think of something!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back