• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theories you Believe

Years
  • forced evolution via Team Rocket's radio waves in Johto is what caused Lance to have underleveled Dragonites. makes sense why he was actively taking part in taking them down as well, to take revenge or something.

though i wish that logic also worked on the player then

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Ghetsis' Hydreigon which knows Frustration damaged/tore off his (actual) arm and gave him that scar around his eye.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    The gym leaders actually have a lot of different teams and they pick one appropriate to the trainer level.

While Norman is a bit of a thorn in that theory, we can explain it by him being a new gym leader / not wanting to look weak in front of his kid.

Years
  • The gym leaders actually have a lot of different teams and they pick one appropriate to the trainer level.

this is canon at least in the pokemon generations anime. would be really cool if game freak went with this route in the future games, to prevent plowing.

Years
  • this is canon at least in the pokemon generations anime. would be really cool if game freak went with this route in the future games, to prevent plowing.

I love how they show this in Origins with Brock and Giovanni, makes alot of sense too since gym leaders are supposed to be really powerful trainers!

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    If we count headcanons about the anime too:

Team Rocket agent Hun (Bashou) is a member of the Lund (Rondot) family, he's Tory Lund's runaway older brother! They're from the Legend of Thunder and the Deoxys film respectively.

RubyConCream's excellent fanart on the subject totally won me over:
    https://www.flickriver.com/photos/rubyconcream/4006509904/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/rubyconcream/4636387415/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/rubyconcream/4441156624/

(Don't recommend wandering around the artist's other works though, not all of their art is very sfw.)

Also, if you look at their character designs, they are eerily familiar, Bashou and the professor have the same spiky tufts of hair and the rest of his hair is like Tory's, but longer/flaring out...

Years
  • I fully subscribe to the theory that Ditto are just failed clones of Mew, which is why one of the few places you can find them in the early game are in the basement of the abandoned Pokemon Mansion- right near the Cinnabar Lab where Mewtwo was created. Mew and Ditto are also the only Pokemon that know Transform naturally, which gives further evidence to that theory.

Years
  • I fully subscribe to the theory that Ditto are just failed clones of Mew, which is why one of the few places you can find them in the early game are in the basement of the abandoned Pokemon Mansion- right near the Cinnabar Lab where Mewtwo was created. Mew and Ditto are also the only Pokemon that know Transform naturally, which gives further evidence to that theory.

I definitely believe this one too 👍 It just works so well and makes so much sense

It is! A fair mount of fanart on the subject (drew some too, back in my edgier days, aha...).

It's brought up in another thread here too:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=327153

ooh wow, I hadn't looked over that thread at the time, thanks for pointing it out! Super interesting and adds even more to his already very dark character.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The gym leaders actually have a lot of different teams and they pick one appropriate to the trainer level.

While Norman is a bit of a thorn in that theory, we can explain it by him being a new gym leader / not wanting to look weak in front of his kid.
    I certainly agree with this. Adding on to the notes about it being shown in the anime, the fact some games allow you to rematch Gym Leaders where they have new teams, etc. also supports this.

also hats act as a parasite controlling many of the successful Pokemon protagonists, ala Parasect's mushroom

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Professor Sycamore's letter to your mom was totally a love letter.

Notice how she says there's a request, never says what the request is and makes sure you get out of the house as soon as possible.

Remember kids, French is the language of love.

Back