• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Yeah, citra is for PC. It still can't play XY yet, but it probably will be able to in the future. The game should be played on an actual 3DS; nothing else can play it right now, unfortunately.

Thank you. I really appreciate your help

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Yeah, citra is for PC. It still can't play XY yet, but it probably will be able to in the future. The game should be played on an actual 3DS; nothing else can play it right now, unfortunately.

It sounds like you have a game update installed. The cia is probably fine; uninstalling the update from system settings should fix the problem.
    Sorry about the horrible installation process. Once I'm sure there are no more changes that need to be made to games I'll release a set of xdelta patches to skip the ROM building part, which will cut the whole process down to a few clicks. I would send you a cia link but my upload speed is terrible, it'd take a few days for me to build and upload 10 different cia files with every update.

I checked and I don't have any update files downloaded. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to upload it elsewhere. Thanks anyway!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Hey! First of all great job, I love the changes you've made in this hack.

I do have a problem though! I'm trying to install this through hans. I've gotten to the point of actually having the icon show up in the Homebrew page but when I load it the game just shows a black screen. No signs of it working whatsoever.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you. I really appreciate your help
    No problem!

I checked and I don't have any update files downloaded. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to upload it elsewhere. Thanks anyway!
    You're welcome! That seems like a good idea.

Hey! First of all great job, I love the changes you've made in this hack.

I do have a problem though! I'm trying to install this through hans. I've gotten to the point of actually having the icon show up in the Homebrew page but when I load it the game just shows a black screen. No signs of it working whatsoever.
    Thanks! Were you playing the rebalanced version by any chance? If so, it's not your fault; I accidentally broke that version with the 1.3 update, just spent the last few hours fixing it. Normally I would have mentioned that here, but Pokecommunity was down at the time. Re-downloading and building the ROMFS again with the new files should fix the problem. Sorry for the hassle!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Ah, it was the rebalanced version. That explains it... ahah! I'll get on downloading those new files then, thank youu! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Whenever I try to load Eternal X (Legal version) from the launcher it seems to load, but crashes after awhile; do you have any advice for me?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Whenever I try to load Eternal X (Legal version) from the launcher it seems to load, but crashes after awhile; do you have any advice for me?
    Just tested it, it's not working for me either. I'll update this post when I have a fix, you'll need to re-download the files once it's up. Sorry about that!
    EDIT: 1.3 is working for me now, it should work for you too.

are you planning on doing any other changes?
    Yeah, I'm doing another test play through now to see if anything needs tweaking. Once that's done there shouldn't be any more changes other than fixes or good suggestions. I'm definitely going to redo Diantha's team, I don't think her current one is very good.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I downloaded a pre patched cia of 1.3 and still no Pokemon shown in the document files for Route 2 are appearing. Is this document accurate? Could you please check to see if this is right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I downloaded a pre patched cia of 1.3 and still no Pokemon shown in the document files for Route 2 are appearing. Is this document accurate? Could you please check to see if this is right?
    Just checked PK3DS and my installed version of the game, the document is accurate; they're all there. If you've got a cia downloaded you might want to try applying the changes yourself; the "patching" process isn't too bad if you don't have to dump a ROM. You just have to type "cia" into 3DSB to unpack it, then copy/paste a couple of folders, rebuild it into a ROM and finally convert it to a cia file. Most of the process is just waiting for 3DSB to do things.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Just checked PK3DS and my installed version of the game, the document is accurate; they're all there. If you've got a cia downloaded you might want to try applying the changes yourself; the "patching" process isn't too bad if you don't have to dump a ROM. You just have to type "cia" into 3DSB to unpack it, then copy/paste a couple of folders, rebuild it into a ROM and finally convert it to a cia file. Most of the process is just waiting for 3DSB to do things.

The version of the hackingtool linked to in the instructions is now different to the image displayed.

http ://i.imgur.com/ByatdcM.png

Also when typing "CIA" and following the instructions, it says "Done!" but new folders are created like it says should happed.

http ://i.imgur.com/w9YcGSD.png

Oddly spaced links because 'm unable to post links yet due to not having more than 5 posts. Weird rule.

Edit - Nevermind, I'm just going to give up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    The version of the hackingtool linked to in the instructions is now different to the image displayed.
    Also when typing "CIA" and following the instructions, it says "Done!" but new folders are created like it says should happed.
    Oddly spaced links because 'm unable to post links yet due to not having more than 5 posts. Weird rule.

Edit - Nevermind, I'm just going to give up.
    That's strange. I'll look into updating the install guide soon. If you're still interested in playing the games, the next release will be installed via an edited version of the title update, so you won't have to build anything. Just drag and drop, then install.

For anyone interested:
    Announcement: Final Release

While updates are nice, I feel like the steady stream of minor changes is more annoying than beneficial, especially with the tedious and time consuming install process that 3DS games require. As such, I'd like the next update to be the last, so I'm asking for any suggestions anyone may have for changes to the games (things like X Pokemon should be available earlier, Y move sucks, Z Pokemon should learn Icicle Crash, so-and-so is too easy, etc.) to be made over the next week. I won't add anything I don't agree with to the games, but this will be the last opportunity to have me make changes you want to the games.

So far, the changelog looks like this:

Eternal X & Wilting Y, Version 1.4: Final Release
    Spoiler:

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2018
    idk if its worth making a change, but the charizardite X sold in Coumarine city is 0 pokedollars rather than 25000.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Any plans to make the X-Items purchasable again or is there no space?
    Since they were replaced in the Santalune Mart there is no other way to obtain them other then given items.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Any plans to make the X-Items purchasable again or is there no space?
    Since they were replaced in the Santalune Mart there is no other way to obtain them other then given items.
    There's no space for them unfortunately. You can always use o-powers as an alternative once they're unlocked.

Years
  • Hey there! Just made an account to praise this hack! I was getting a bit of trobules with the patching, but now that i made it it works perfect! Its both balanced and fun to play! Really good job!

Btw, any plans in making one for ORAS?

Back