• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Do you guys agree that Jangmo-o will be the new pseudo legendary?

Also what type do you guys think he will evolve into? To me he looks like dragon steel. That would be great due to the fairy type crippling dragons last gen.

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I definiately see that thing becoming a Pseudo Legend. He gives me Larvitar/Bagon/Gible/Axew (Not Pseudo I know)/Deino vibes. I looove him! I can't wait to use him, and reach the exciting moment of evolving him!

I didn't like Alolan Raticate at first, but he's definately growing on me, he's funny! I also like how he's just like a lazy rich king who eats whatever he wants. Version exclusive Totem Pokemon is really cool too!

The ultra beasts are..... SUPER weird! I think it's cool though, I know Null isn't technically one but I think he fits in, it's quite disturbing though.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Out of curiosity MegaKuriboh, isn't it interesting how plot thick these games seem to be? It's honestly exciting seeing this!

It really is!! One of the reasons why I loved Black and White so much was because they were filled with fantastic plot and memorable characters, and it seems like Sun and Moon are heading in the same direction, which is amazing. I feel like I'm going to love all these characters (unlike XY which only had a few good characters among a good amount of headaches...). I've even managed to convince my friend who isn't super into Pokemon to play it! He said "Alright, I played X&Y, I got my Pokemon fill, I don't need SM" but with all these new features and enhancements I think I've convinced him to play these games, it's really awesome! I'm feeling super optimistic about these games, I can't wait to see how the story pans out! I also love how we know so much about the plot, yet we also know almost nothing about it too!

Years
  • I agree with MegaKuriboh's post. I don't think I've been this heavily interested in a new Pokemon game since Black & White, and I guess it was because I heard about how plot-heavy it was before I even played. Sun & Moon appear to be giving me tons of Unova vibes already, and the deep plot is only reminding me of Unova even more so that is definitely going to play a part in my final review score of this game.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I really think this has been the best trailer yet, it shows that there's a lot of content such as features and storytelling in these games.

I think something needs to be cleared up though... TypeNull isn't an Ultra Beast, only UB-01 is.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Are we sure that Ultra Beast aren't any sort of Pokemon ?
    I mean , What does make anything classify as a Pokemon ?
    If Ultra Beast are some sort of Interdenominational creature then we might finally have an Multiversal threat in the game.
    Considering that many fans comparing Ultra Beast with Eaters from Digimon Cyber sleuth.

I don't know why but Wicke got really popular compared to Lusamine, looking at my feed and other stuff on the internet she show up 3 time as much as Lusamine.

Probably because she has much hotter body compare to Lusamine.
    Plus, She also wear glasses that gives her an extra moe.

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I'm really hoping these Ultra Beasts are bosses with giant HP pools. Would be nice to need good starts to win.

Years
  • One interesting thing to know is that Ultra Beasts won't be the first non-Pokemon creatures encountered in a Pokemon game. The Pokestar Studios movies in B2/W2 also had us battling non-Pokemon opponents in them.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Some people pointed out that Wicke from Aether Foundation, her name is 1 letter away from spelling out "Wicked". Coincidence or not, but I think the name Wicke is abit suspicious, and Faba looks way more suspicious~ XD

Ultra Beasts is not classified as Pokemon... So it's being a threat while not being a Pokemon? Being a threat by which means that it could be offensive and attacks, but if it can uses some moves of its own, wouldn't that be classified by Pokemon? I assume if Ultra Beast has attacks of its own, it could have attack names that has same "keywords", just like how Shadow Pokemon has "shadow moves" of their own. Anyone has better thoughts?

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Yeah, it's not a Pokemon; moreso a being or an unidentified living object that the storyline is focused on. I don't think we'll battle it or anything like that, though, since it doesn't appear to have any given type at all. o.o...

I hope so, but the trailer mentioned "A mysterious threat" instead of "A mysterious discovery" or among many words, they chose the word "Threat", which is why I assume it could be challenged to a battle of sorts. I could be wrong, if it turns out that GF pull out the tricks on me XD

Maybe in the end it really is powerful and be a threat to human and Pokemon, but in fact Ultra Beasts are just some nice fellas and we don't have the opportunity to battle or catch them. That'll be a shame :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Some people pointed out that Wicke from Aether Foundation, her name is 1 letter away from spelling out "Wicked". Coincidence or not, but I think the name Wicke is abit suspicious, and Faba looks way more suspicious~ XD

Ultra Beasts is not classified as Pokemon... So it's being a threat while not being a Pokemon? Being a threat by which means that it could be offensive and attacks, but if it can uses some moves of its own, wouldn't that be classified by Pokemon? I assume if Ultra Beast has attacks of its own, it could have attack names that has same "keywords", just like how Shadow Pokemon has "shadow moves" of their own. Anyone has better thoughts?

Plot twist : Wicke is the Real Mastermind !
    She is the one manipulating both Aether Foundation and Team Skull to do her biding.

Years
  • Looking at the description on the pokemon website, Type: Null might also be a teaser of some as yet unrevealed pokemon
    "The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation"

Years
  • Wait, so you're saying that these "various Pokemon" are separate Pokemon in themselves that may/may not be revealed? :o Interesting...

potentially yeah.
    It's made up of the best parts of other pokemon, but none of it looks particularly familiar, so its plausible that they are as of yet unrevealed ones

Years
  • This trailer has me excited for the game, the pokemon snap feature in particular could be great depending on how its executed.

The new pokémon are mainly good, I hate Type:null's name and design though. Hopefully the Ultra Beasts get a real name further on in the game as well because UB:01, UB:02 etc. is pretty awful.

I love chubbycate, the alolan forms have been great so far.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Honestly, I'm still not sure how to react to Alolan Raticate. On one hand I'm really put off, but on the other hand its appearance actually does make sense in a way so I'm not terribly bothered by it?

Alolan raticate is a contradiction though. The entry in the website says it eats more fruits and vegetables than regular raticate however if it eats less junk then why is it fatter. To me that's contradictory statements i would think eating healthier would make it thinner.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    People can still eat junk food and be thin, the problem with getting fat is mostly eating more than what you need even if it's healthy food.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Altairis re: the new Pokemon

Type:Null: Why does it have to be named this :( Okay, I understand that this is an artificial Pokemon, but it better be tied into the plot somehow... seems pretty weird to just stick an artificial Pokemon like this into the games (YES I know we've had artificial 'mons before). We have this and Magearna so I kind of see a theme... waiting to see how it all connects.
    Jangmo-o: Don't really understand its name (why the extra -o?) either, but I think it looks really cute. I'm expecting to see a Bagon type of evolution for this Pokemon--meaning a 3-stage evolution that ends with a cool Dragon-type.
    Alolan Raticate: Looks kinda how I expected, nothing really exciting. I probably wasn't going to use Raticate regardless of its design anyway, though.. kinda sad we didn't get anything else revealed :(
    Ultra Beasts: Somebody better tell me what this is I'M SO IMPATIENT

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Jangmo-o is so cute, and its description makes me love it even more. It's like a tiny saiyan dragon. I'm hoping it'll end up being the psuedo legendary, but I hoped the same about noivern, so who knows.

It, turtonator, salandit, and alolan marowak pretty much ensure my team will be mostly reptiles. And that I will have a noticeably huge weakness to ground, rock, and water.

Luckily, I love lurantis too much to not bring one along, so I won't be in too much trouble.

Back