• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast do you type?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • How fast do you usually type with either a physical keyboard on a computer or with a mobile phone keyboard?

I would say that I tend to type fairly quickly, which tends to lead to me making typos that I usually notice after typing up a sentence. Occasionaly I will miss quite a few typos though, and not realise until I read back what I've typed up.

One Minute Typing Test (from Dark Zeta's reply)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Love this topic, Fritz. :D

8j2br4h3t7l5qgdzg.jpg

Here's an awful typing test from my unfamiliar Dell Latitude e7450 running macOS. It's odd to say the least.

Here's a link to the typing test if you want to add it to the main post. :)
    One Minute Typing Test

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Thanks, I added the link to the main post. I managed to get 52wpm on the test with 95% accuracy. Would've shown the result by image but I don't know how to take screenshots on a Chromebook :(

Bay

Years
  • I've done several typing tests when applying for jobs, and I tend to score around 65 to 70 wpm on good accuracy. I have people say that's fast, but then I hear others having much higher scores than me (though with lower accuracy).

Years
  • i've scored consistently around 90-95 wpm pretty casually. if i were actually trying for the sake of speed, i can top 110+ wpm or around there.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Haha, 55 with 95% accuracy (in the dark, admittedly). I'm never good with these typing tests. I can much more easily type when I'm writing my stories cuz I'm typing what comes to mind, not having to process what I'm reading on a screen. I wonder if there's a typing test out there that would test me like that. And not give me big red letters telling me I typed wrong, thus upping the pressure and making me mess up more xD That happened during this test. I got stuck on a word and every time I typed it wrong and backspaced, I'd mess up and backspace and it'd tell me I was wrong again and I got more anxious and messed up more. Eventually just moved on, haha.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Whenever I take these tests, I usually get around 45 words per minute with 97% accuracy. Nothing amazing, but not bad either.

Years
  • I text really fast on phones but if i dont have autocorrect or something it comes out very slurred most of the time lol but atleast intelligible. on keyboards, im fast enough without much effort except it's usually super sloppy

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    My wpm is usually between 65 and 70 with around 90% accuracy. There are some english words that I have to think for a bit about how you spell them which usually brings my speed down.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • 84 wpm with 98% accuracy in English, and 93 wpm with 97% accuracy in Italian, my native language. I end up slower in tests as I always take time to get back and correct mistakes, so I end up with few mistyped words but slower speed.
    However there's a limit to how fast I can get as I learned to type in an unorthodox way and haven't been able to correct it - basically, I keep my left hand in place and press left-hand keys using all fingers except for the pinky (and the thumb for the space bar only), while I move the right hand around and only press right-hand keys using the middle finger.

Years
  • Part of what helps me is knowing the words, and saying them in my head as I type them out. I also try to avoid rushing, because that's when I make those errors. >< But just typing comfortably at an even pace and reading the words in my head usually results in zero errors for me. c:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I only type with the index and middle fingers of my two hands but I've done it so often for so long I can type somewhat fast like that too. I managed to get 92 WPM with an accuracy of 97% using the test but I was trying much harder than I usually would so I'd say my WPM is usually more in the 80s for the most part.

Back