• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Manga or Anime?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
For long running anime like One Piece and Naruto the animation gets pretty bad plus filler so manga is way better. For others, it depends. I usually prefer manga as I can read through it at my own pace. Plus it's the authors original work.

Years
Uhhhh man both have good points. I love manga because it's the original adaptation and usually has better art, even in the case of series that are already drawn and animated fairly well (My Hero Academia comes to mind; I love the manga art in that series). It's nice to see a series in the way it was originally meant to be displayed by the creator/editors.

On the other end, seeing my favorites animated and speaking along with background music and etc is just an irreplaceable feeling. I don't think I have ever gotten into a manga series without first watching the anime version.

Last edited:
Years
Generally, I prefer the manga adaptation as it's usually the source material and is also way quicker to digest.

On the other end, seeing my favorites animated and speaking along with background music and etc is just an irreplaceable feeling. I don't think I have ever gotten into a manga series without first watching the anime version.

I don't quite feel this way to the extent you do but when I read a manga I like and watch the anime adaptation I generally get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing the characters I really like animated. It's always a personal treat for me even when the adaptation is bad.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
To be honest, it really depends for me. I don't really prefer one medium over the other. I'll pretty much watch any anime and read any manga that isn't hentai. However, if a manga I'm reading has an anime announced, I'll usually switch over to the anime instead, which is what I did w/BNHA originally and Ancient Magnus Bride.

What I don't really like is when an anime comes out from a manga I already read, I know what's going to happen since I read it in the manga. For example, I know what's going to happen in One Punch Man season two when it comes out, since I read and am caught up to the manga.

However, for stuff like Once Piece and Case Closed, I really don't have time to watch over 800+ episodes of a series I already started reading. So, for stuff like that, I strictly stick to the manga version.

Also, I never really care for light novels outside of the Kagerou Project novels and Durarara!!, Didn't plan to say anything about LNs since the op didn't mention anything regarding them....

Years
I prefer manga, because I hardly find time to watch anime. And by watching I mean really watching and reading subtitles as I don't know Japanese. And some dumb fillers made me to switch to manga too.

Back