• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
My fav OST: FFVI and FFVII. The winning theme on FFVI is soo good. Also I love the random battle theme on FFVII. Oh and Sephiroth's theme.

Also fav Square OSTs? Here it is:

Kingdom Hearts OST
Chrono Trigger OST
Dragon Quest OST

So many more...

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
My fav OST: FFVI and FFVII. The winning theme on FFVI is soo good. Also I love the random battle theme on FFVII. Oh and Sephiroth's theme.

Also fav Square OSTs? Here it is:

Kingdom Hearts OST
Chrono Trigger OST
Dragon Quest OST

So many more...

I forgot about the KH OST. I really loved the themes for that, especially Axel's theme, Sephiroth's theme, This is Halloween and Mickey Mouse March. <3 Oh, and I forgot to mention that I LOVE the It's a Small World version by Yoko. It's so cute and bubbly. ;w; Don't judge me. I like this song because it's my childhood lol.

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
Years
Username: Intoxicated (hopefully being changed to Tox soon)
Topic answer: Favourite OST would be Final Fantasy VI. The entire soundtrack is so nostalgic and contains one of my favourite tracks of all time, Aria di Mezzo Carattere.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: II, III, IV, V, VI, VIII, X, XIII, XIII-2, Dimensions
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Edge from FFIV
230px-EdgeDS.jpg

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: Intoxicated (hopefully being changed to Tox soon)
Topic answer: Favourite OST would be Final Fantasy VI. The entire soundtrack is so nostalgic and contains one of my favourite tracks of all time, Aria di Mezzo Carattere.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: II, III, IV, V, VI, VIII, X, XIII, XIII-2, Dimensions
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Edge from FFIV
230px-EdgeDS.jpg

Welcome welcome.

New topic? New topic.

Which game do you like the least/disappointed you the most?

Years
To be honest, that's a hard question to answer because I will like any game as long as it's from the Final Fantasy series XD But the one that frustrated me the most, enough to make me absolutely hate the game would have been XIII. I did not like having to be forced to use certain characters early on in the game, and it didn't help when it took an abnormal amount of time to level up their Crystariums >>;; Not only that, even though both XIII, and XIII-2 are pretty much based on the same maps, the former felt significantly more linear than the latter simply because there was no use of time travel. That goes without saying that I gave up playing XIII halfway through, and I refuse to play it again. The gameplay wasn't as enjoyable compared to the sequel or previous instalments.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years

I guess it would be Final Fantasy Tactics? I never got into those ones. I liked them, sure, but they were really hard for me to catch on to compared to other Final Fantasy games. I'm not really much on actually hating anything from Final Fantasy. Not to mention, I'm also limited on consoles as well. I only have an xbox 360 and a playstation 2 as far as FF goes. :/ I love the franchise but haven't played every single one of them. I've played the more recent ones.

At first, I was disappointed in Final Fantasy XII. I guess because I had a really hard time with it because I wasn't used to the new battling system like they had in FFX/X-2. I'm not big on changes, so I had a harder time adjusting to it. However, after playing and constantly trying not to give up hope on it, I ended up liking it more and more. Now, it's one of my favorite FF games, despite the battle system. It took me some time to get used to it.

Yukari

Final Fantasy 6 really.

It wasn't a bad game, but I just didn't like it. There was a lot of positive comments about it, and there's no denying that it is an amazing game, but I just didn't like it. One thing that turned me off more then anything else was the steam-punk setting. Since the first game I played was Final Fantasy 7 I found it hard to swallow... Other then that... I'm really not sure why I dislike this game, but I do...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017

Final Fantasy 6 really.

It wasn't a bad game, but I just didn't like it. There was a lot of positive comments about it, and there's no denying that it is an amazing game, but I just didn't like it. One thing that turned me off more then anything else was the steam-punk setting. Since the first game I played was Final Fantasy 7 I found it hard to swallow... Other then that... I'm really not sure why I dislike this game, but I do...

HOW. ;; MY FAV FF GAME ;; *CRIES*

I'm joking, sure respect your opinion. Anyway, the one that most disappointed me...that's hard, everything is really good tbh.

My worst...actually it's easy. Final Fantasy All the Bravest or something for the ipad. The thing's even paid (i think) and horribad. Why d I hate it? download it and you'll see.

Years
My worst...actually it's easy. Final Fantasy All the Bravest or something for the ipad. The thing's even paid (i think) and horribad. Why d I hate it? download it and you'll see.

I've never ventured or even thought about downloading the Final Fantasy games that come out for mobile devices because I like having an actual controller to hold on to :P But I'd assume that they're probably not on par with the main instalments so I wouldn't be surprised if they're horrible compared to the main games :c

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I've never ventured or even thought about downloading the Final Fantasy games that come out for mobile devices because I like having an actual controller to hold on to :P But I'd assume that they're probably not on par with the main instalments so I wouldn't be surprised if they're horrible compared to the main games :c

But no, FFVI came out for mobiles, and it's good. Final Fantasy All the bravest isn't even game, it doesn't have a story. Want to check it out? Click here then. It doesn't even have gameplay imo.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years

This honestly is a hard one for me since I haven't played Final Fantasy to the Chaos Shrine and back. But probably Final Fantasy VII. Please don't kill me. ;_;

It is by all means, an amazing game! Beautiful music, memorable characters, and expansive world, yes! It's really good as a Final Fantasy game and ticks majority of the boxes, but I guess since I was moving from replaying Final Fantasy IV (again) over to Final Fantasy VII over-whelmed me in a way. Again, I LOVE Final Fantasy VII, but it's probably my least favourite out of the ones I have played. Even the over-hated Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is better than the original FF7 in my opinion (Crisis Core is my second favourite Final Fantasy. Just beaten by FF4). I guess I'm just disappointed by this game because it was to over-whelming for me to play it.
Plus, it strikes right at home since I honestly much prefer retro games as a whole instead of modern games.

I will go back and replay Final Fantasy VII another time if I feel up to having near nothing to do and then just replaying those whopping three discs, but I'm just not feeling it honestly. (I'll probably also play it with the hardcore mod + Turks mod. After all, I somewhat like the Turks' characters even though it's funny since I used to hate their characters. And the hardcore mod so I can have somewhat of a challenge). I guess I was just over-whelmed, and out of FF7 for a while. xD

But that's just a console / PC game here. I could talk about All The Bravest for iOS but...meh. I didn't mind it. It was just annoying with how you had to wait like a bit over 1 hour and a half for your team to be fully replenished (that is if you were not to use a golden hourglass). Like Isaac said, no story, and no real gameplay. Hands down, done!

So yeah. The most disappointing Final Fantasy games were FFVII and All The Bravest. But more-so "All The Bravest" (Again, like Isaac said. No story and no gameplay).

Years
But no, FFVI came out for mobiles, and it's good. Final Fantasy All the bravest isn't even game, it doesn't have a story. Want to check it out? Click here then. It doesn't even have gameplay imo.

Why...are there so many members of your party in a single screen? XD That looks convoluted, and possibly hard to handle so many characters at the same time. Unless you don't, and they like auto-run or something? \:

Yukari

I've never ventured or even thought about downloading the Final Fantasy games that come out for mobile devices because I like having an actual controller to hold on to
12.%20tongue.gif
But I'd assume that they're probably not on par with the main instalments so I wouldn't be surprised if they're horrible compared to the main games :c

Final Fantasy 2 came out on Mobile as well. Though I'm pretty sure if it's just the American localization of FF5 which is referred to as FF2. I have to say that it's pretty good.

This honestly is a hard one for me since I haven't played Final Fantasy to the Chaos Shrine and back. But probably Final Fantasy VII. Please don't kill me. ;_;

It is by all means, an amazing game! Beautiful music, memorable characters, and expansive world, yes! It's really good as a Final Fantasy game and ticks majority of the boxes, but I guess since I was moving from replaying Final Fantasy IV (again) over to Final Fantasy VII over-whelmed me in a way. Again, I LOVE Final Fantasy VII, but it's probably my least favourite out of the ones I have played. Even the over-hated Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is better than the original FF7 in my opinion (Crisis Core is my second favourite Final Fantasy. Just beaten by FF4). I guess I'm just disappointed by this game because it was to over-whelming for me to play it.
Plus, it strikes right at home since I honestly much prefer retro games as a whole instead of modern games.

I will go back and replay Final Fantasy VII another time if I feel up to having near nothing to do and then just replaying those whopping three discs, but I'm just not feeling it honestly. (I'll probably also play it with the hardcore mod + Turks mod. After all, I somewhat like the Turks' characters even though it's funny since I used to hate their characters. And the hardcore mod so I can have somewhat of a challenge). I guess I was just over-whelmed, and out of FF7 for a while. xD

But that's just a console / PC game here. I could talk about All The Bravest for iOS but...meh. I didn't mind it. It was just annoying with how you had to wait like a bit over 1 hour and a half for your team to be fully replenished (that is if you were not to use a golden hourglass). Like Isaac said, no story, and no real gameplay. Hands down, done!

So yeah. The most disappointing Final Fantasy games were FFVII and All The Bravest. But more-so "All The Bravest" (Again, like Isaac said. No story and no gameplay).
Nobody's going to kill you. :P I mean, everyone has their own opinion, tastes, and stuff. So if you don't like FF7 then that's fine by me.

Years
Even the over-hated Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Wait, what? D: Crisis Core received negative responses back when it originally released? I never really paid attention to the public's reaction to the game back then so I just bought it on a whim \: Same as you, I thought it was one of the better Final Fantasy games actually c:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Why...are there so many members of your party in a single screen? XD That looks convoluted, and possibly hard to handle so many characters at the same time. Unless you don't, and they like auto-run or something? \:

No, but it does look like it's on auto run. I kinda forgot actually, since I don't even have the game, my cousin has it and said how it was a piece of ♥♥♥♥ and etc. played it, like , 2 times only. I remember the battle system was so simple that a baby could play it. But that is no important, because we can all conclude that All the Bravest was, I mean, is a piece of trash and Square Enix just thought about grabbing everyone's money. It is a cash grab, to be more precise.

Even the over-hated Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Oh wow, me too, didn't know Crisis Core was over hated! I'm planning on playing it to know the story of the Buster Sword and etc. Never knew that.

Last edited:
Years
I didn't really like Final Fantasy II. I could never get attached to the characters, and the weird experience system made me dislike it even more. But the game did introduce Chocobos, so that's a plus.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023

Final Fantasy 6 really.

I can understand this, really. It might be because...

Spoiler:

My most disappointing game is Lightning Returns and or Final Fantasy XIII-2. I trusted Square and they disappointed me with this... garbage. At least, that's how I regard it. Even the games I didn't like so much weren't as bad as this one.

LR Complaints: The gameplay wasn't too bad, although all the sidequests really get to you after... around 10 minutes of playing or so. It just seems so absurd.
Spoiler:

I also hate how you can't get experience from battles and only from said sidequests, forcing you to get the Doll of Power for Johnny Bearass or whoever the random badly designed NPC of the day with random accessories is.

The story was also ridiculous in both with some of the most badly written dialogue I've ever heard. Especially out of Caius Ballad, who I laughed every time he spoke and found him to sound like he was written by a 14 year old girl who likes emo goth things. I found it all to just stretch on my suspension of disbelief. None of the things they added made sense in the context of the FFXIII universe. It would've been better if they put all of these disjointed lore ideas (especially the time travel) in its own original thing, then the story would've made more sense.

Spoiler:

I just found it to be so bad, that I fear for the future of FF installments. Hopefully, that was just a fluke and they'll be back up to tip-top shape for XV.

Ah, that felt good. Been wanting to say that for a long time. Sorry to those of you who are fans of these games, I can appreciate different opinions from mine. :3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I can understand this, really. It might be because...

Spoiler:

My most disappointing game is Lightning Returns and or Final Fantasy XIII-2. I trusted Square and they disappointed me with this... garbage. At least, that's how I regard it. Even the games I didn't like so much weren't as bad as this one.

LR Complaints: The gameplay wasn't too bad, although all the sidequests really get to you after... around 10 minutes of playing or so. It just seems so absurd.
Spoiler:

I also hate how you can't get experience from battles and only from said sidequests, forcing you to get the Doll of Power for Johnny Bearass or whoever the random badly designed NPC of the day with random accessories is.

The story was also ridiculous in both with some of the most badly written dialogue I've ever heard. Especially out of Caius Ballad, who I laughed every time he spoke and found him to sound like he was written by a 14 year old girl who likes emo goth things. I found it all to just stretch on my suspension of disbelief. None of the things they added made sense in the context of the FFXIII universe. It would've been better if they put all of these disjointed lore ideas (especially the time travel) in its own original thing, then the story would've made more sense.

Spoiler:

I just found it to be so bad, that I fear for the future of FF installments. Hopefully, that was just a fluke and they'll be back up to tip-top shape for XV.

Ah, that felt good. Been wanting to say that for a long time. Sorry to those of you who are fans of these games, I can appreciate different opinions from mine. :3

None of the FF 13 trilogy have been my favorite games, but I will say that the battle sequences are innovative and some of my favorites. Having just recently finished Lightning Returns I can say that it is one of my favorite battle systems (my favorite being turn based because I'm slow) because it seems most realistic, you can chain together huge combos between your three outfits and practically end a battle without taking any damage. As it should be with a warrior imbued with the power of gods. I do agree that the side quests and the no exp from battling put me off quite a bit. It really made the whole battling enemies pretty worthless in my opinion and I found myself actually avoiding battles instead of taking on any enemy I see and feeling excited about it as I should. Really, you could beat the game with fighting only scripted battles and doing the main storyline. I also don't like how there are no real markers to tell you what to do as well as no streetsigns that have directions so if you want to find something you'll be wasting a good 10 minutes real time just trying to find it. And then the NPCs are really dumb, I did a race against this little kid with a banner on his back that took 20 minutes real time because he kept running into the same exact thing and would walk backwards just to run into it again. It seems like it was really just tossed together as a last minute thing to make a bit more money with the only thing that can be taken as decent or good from it being the battle system and the outfit customizing.

I hear XV is supposed to use a similar battle system as LR. It seems very fluent and maybe fighter game stylish. And what I've seen of it makes me feel really good.

While the games may not all be masterpieces, I will never give up on Square one day pulling their heads out of their asses and making another great Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy is love, Final Fantasy is life.

Years

Spoiler:

That's the one thing keeping me from playing Lightning Returns. I don't like the feeling of being pressured with time restraints, and having a completionist mindset, I wouldn't want to play through multiple times to do everything \: Any other game I would, but Lightning has never been my favourite protagonist so I'd rather not...

I hear XV is supposed to use a similar battle system as LR. It seems very fluent and maybe fighter game stylish. And what I've seen of it makes me feel really good.

While the games may not all be masterpieces, I will never give up on Square one day pulling their heads out of their asses and making another great Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy is love, Final Fantasy is life.

By fluent, you meant fluid, right? XD I appreciate the ATB systems in previous instalments, but the transition to real-time actions is also nice c: I'm looking forward to the day that I can get my hands on XV, and play the crap out of it. And I'm with you on Square. Their last few games have been lackluster, but I'm always hoping that they'll get their stuff together eventually. Nevertheless though, as long as it's one of the main games in the series, I will be happy.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Vanille Sky says:
Wait, what? D: Crisis Core received negative responses back when it originally released? I never really paid attention to the public's reaction to the game back then so I just bought it on a whim \: Same as you, I thought it was one of the better Final Fantasy games actually c:
Isaac says:
Oh wow, me too, didn't know Crisis Core was over hated! I'm planning on playing it to know the story of the Buster Sword and etc. Never knew that.
Yeah. Crisis Core is really hated, and honestly. I think it is one of the best. The only reason people hate it, is, a spoiler. So read it if you want. Be warned, it also has some spoilers regarding FF7.
Spoiler:

THAT. Is why it's normally hated. For that ONE reason. *slow claps*
But really, give it a try if you want! It is a beautiful masterpiece.

Back