• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the best shiny you've ever gotten and why?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    As the title says, Who was it and why? Why was it so special to you? Mine is a Buneary I got recently. When I was little and had pokemon Platinum, I had encountered a full odds shiny Buneary, but I had no clue it was a shiny. I had caught it and tried to figure out why it was pink but couldn't. I forgot to save. I remember that part, How could I forget. Now, 7 years later, I realize the opportunity I missed! So I learned about the mesuda method and I've been to recreate a shiny Buneary thats even better than the one I had encountered. Success! after 2 weeks... I got a Shiny, Female, Jolly, Klutz Buneary in a Love ball with Fake out, Switcheroo, Ice punch and fire punch with 4 perfect IVs! I'm planning on Hyper training her and building an entire team to compliment her. I was also eating cotton candy at the time of hatching, so what better name than Cotton Candy?

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • I remember when i was 10 i was playing Black 2. I had restarted the game because once i beat the game i had nothing better to do.
    I remember a shiny purrloin appeared on the first route.
    I had no ideas shinies exsisted so i thought it was a glitch.
    I caught it anyway then went to look up glitches in Black or White 2 that could change the colors of pokemon. I couldnt find anything. I asked my friends at school. They told me to show it to them at my house. They told me it was a rare version of the pokemon called a shiny.
    I wasn't very impressed because i was a kid.
    Eventually i lost the game.
    Today i realize what i took for granted but eh, i was a kid.

Years
  • Shiny Vulpix in Pokemon X. It was special to me because it was my first ever legit and got it via Masuda Method, also my most beloved Pokemon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Shiny Growlithe on Alpha Sapphire. It is my only shiny fire type, which is my favourite type in the game. Also it looks better than my other shinies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Got a 6IV HA Timid Shiny Natu, with a few EM. It is in a Friend Ball and has the gender I prefered for it. It's the first flawless Shiny I bred.

Years
  • My favorite is my Umbreon. I'd never been able to properly breed a shiny Eevee, so I got it as a gift from a Livestream. I've always loved how Umbreon looked as a shiny, so now he's level 100 and on my Alpha Sapphire team.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Gotta be my shiny Tailow in Emerald, because it was my first shiny since my first shiny (Marill in Diamond). A good 5/6 years had past without seeing any other shiny, and I was actually looking for a Skitty! I really appreciate this one.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • This legit Shiny Ninetales from France via Wonder Trade. It was such a surprise I almost cried in pure joy from how good this Ninetales was.

It had perfect IVs with a Modest Nature along with the Hidden Ability Drought (+ having a moveset that made me weep again).

Years
  • I'd say my favourite shiny that I've caught was probably a Miltank in X, since it was a shiny I wanted for years due to me liking blue shinies. Shame 6th Gen ruined the shading of the blue by making it a bit darker, like how the green on shiny Espeon got darker with the 3DS transition.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I did encounter a shiny Clefairy in Platinum and used it for the entirety of my playthrough. Served me pretty well and it's green ear tips are really cute, lol. I had pretty good luck finding shiny pokemon starting with Diamond up to X/Y, but I've yet to encounter one in ORAS and S/M.

Years
  • The best, and most special shiny I have ever gotten is a shiny Alolan Exeggutor. I always loved the design despite the views of others, and I was training my Sliggoo to evolve it into Goodra on Exeggutor Island and I ran into one in the wild.

I have since ran into randomly and caught a shiny Gumshoos, and failed a shiny Beldum once, but the Exeggutor will forever be the first shiny Pokemon I ever caught in any game, and it's a great Pokemon at that.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
  • The shiny Dhelmise I got traded. It definitely isn't legit, but I still love it. My second favorite is a shiny Golurk I actually managed to find myself by chance as a Golett in Y.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • shiny ponyta was my first shiny ever and i think the only totally random encounter one i've ever seen, so that might be my fav. i love my magikarp jump shiny karps too tho.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm torn between Nidoran-M and Porygon.

Nidoran was found in FireRed's Safari Zone where I managed to catch it before it could flee. Prior to this, every Shiny I had found was a super-common Pokémon (Pidgey, Weedle, Golbat) and it was the first whose Shiny colors I actually enjoyed. Sadly, I loaned the cartridge to someone and they lost it... :(

Porygon was obtained in Platinum when I was SR'ing for a Modest (non-Shiny) one and was caught off-guard by a blue cyber-duck after less than a dozen resets in. Now it's a Porygon2 with Eviolite and, despite its lackluster nature, is probably my most competitively-viable Pokémon that wasn't specifically bred for battle (it was pretty useful even before Hyper-Training).

My most-cherished, however, is the Shiny Dunsparce I caught on Christmas some years ago. It isn't full-odds like the others, but it was the first Shiny I ever purposely hunted (via PokéRadar in Pearl). I didn't know all the fancy tricks of chaining back then and didn't even have any repels, but I got lucky and found one on my first-ever chaining attempt (before reaching the 40 mark). HGSS were months away from being released, so I opted not to raise him until then. I eventually bought HeartGold and replaced my Starter with him. I already liked Dunsparce, but having him follow my character definitely strengthened the bond and is ultimately why I consider Dunsparce my favorite Pokémon now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Probably my shiny Elecktrike, because I was just trying to catch a normal one for my team and found a shiny one on my first encounter, considering the odds of that happening, it was so cool.

Back