• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 2: Most recent Pokémon game you played? What were you doing?

Last one I played was Pokémon Sun.
    Did not do much, just played it to see Pokémon Center's birthday surprise.

That exists? dangit... Oh well, there's always next year.

Mine was probably sun a while ago, trying to finish up the UB quests. Haven't been in the right mood though

Years
  • I'm a big fan of these

Day 1: Your favorite and least favorite Pokémon game? - Emerald is definitely my favourite, it was the game that truly made me fall in love with the franchise and I spent countless hours playing it. I loved the Hoenn region and the Pokemon that inhabited it and actually (for the one and only time) managed to catch all of them.

My least favourite is Yellow (sorry fans of Gen one), I just don't have the nostalgic attraction to it and as a game, it wasn't that enjoyable tbh, I felt like I had to make myself play it, I know it's outdated but I just didn't enjoy it.

Day 2: Most recent Pokémon game you played? What were you doing? - Last game I played was Omega Ruby and I just defeated the fourth and fifth gyms and ready to explore the rest of Hoenn!

Years
  • Day 2: Most recent Pokémon game you played? What were you doing?

Haven't played any Pokémon game in a While, maybe last game what i have played is Pokémon Red For checking Cute missingno's. ^_^

Years
  • Day 3: What Pokémon game do you think had the best art style?
    Pokemon BWBW2, I really like the mix of 2D and 3D used in certain parts. I also like the theme of more 'western' or city-like Pokemon designs.

Years

Right now, Moon. I feel Alola is like the new Unova, a very interesting region design (and sadly, both their corresponding anime series suck) and very unique Pokemon designs. I've been trying to grind some Pokemon up to Lv100 right now for Hyper Training, which is hell.

Years
    The most recent game that I played was Alpha Sapphire about 2 weeks ago. Just had the random urge to beat up Hoenn's Elite Four, so I did, and that was that. Will probably try getting back into my Moon Nuzlocke next, though I'm not very far into it.

Day 3: What Pokémon game do you think had the best art style?
    I really enjoyed how HeartGold and SoulSilver turned out. I still think that Bellchime Trail is one of my favorite places in any Pokemon game, even though there isn't much to it.

Years

I'm with Ben and Brendan who are praising HG/SS for their vibrant use of colour (Bell Tower's outside says it right) but I also appreciate the nice colour used in the Hoenn games, along with Sun & Moon. The Unova games may not be as vibrant, but they fit with the theme those games were going for.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Day 2: Most recent Pokémon game you played? What were you doing?
    Moon, and I was training my pokemons especially tapu ones

HGSS and SM the quality so vibrant and colorful, can't say about unova it just weird prescriptive

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
    FireRed. In Lavender Tower.
    Black/Black 2. I'm not a fan of 3D graphics.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Emerald. Especially everything new they added. The Battle Frontier is such a gorgeous area.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    HG/SS. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I've gotten over most of my nostalgia after replaying it, yet I still like the art. Most notably the attack animations (magical leaf stands out, idk why)

Years
    It's HGSS because of beautiful graphics and cool animations like appearance of Ho-Oh...
    And Black/white has gorgeous graphics too
    Because of 2d+3d styles, which fits great in industrial Region theme...

Years

I think I'll go with the Generation IV games. While I do like Gen V's pixelated sprites, I think the outer world was best done in DPPt and HGSS.

Years
  • Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?

I have done it on Showdown before (which is an online battle server) but anyone who has seen me battle back then knows I'm not the best at competitive play.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?

No. I feel like it is a waste of time and effort, it's very confusing, and the community that is into it is too hardcore to try and break into.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Day 3: What Pok?mon game do you think had the best art style?

BW/B2W2 are my favourites in terms of artwork. The trainer models look great, the Pok?mon sprites were at their best, and the city designs are top notch.

Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?

Nah, I've never seen the appeal to play competitively. I have thought about it once or twice, but I've never had the real urge to get into that sort of battling.

Years
  • Day 3: What Pok?mon game do you think had the best art style? - Definitely HGSS, the use of colour is amazing and the graphics style was the best of the Pokemon DS era imo, before they tried to get too fancy in Gen V which resulted in a few weird looking graphics.

Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not? - Nah not anymore. After I completed X I started getting into it but I eventually stopped and haven't battled competitively since.

Years
  • Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?

I did a little bit in the days of Gen III and DP, but not today. Mostly because it's too much to memorize and consider, and I'm really not good at predicting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back