• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Pok?mon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

PGC's 30 Day Challenge
Hey friends! It's been six months since the last 30 day challenge, and we've got some brand new questions this time, so let's start up another one of these timeless classics. The goal is simple - for every day that passes, go ahead and answer a question from the list! Makes sense? Let's go c:

Day 1: Your favorite and least favorite Pok?mon game?
Day 2: Most recent Pok?mon game you played? What were you doing?
Day 3: What Pok?mon game do you think had the best art style?
Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?
Day 5: How were you introduced to the Pok?mon games?
Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be?
Day 7: Do you organize your PC boxes? What kind of layout do you use?
Day 8: Who's your favorite NPC from the Pok?mon games? Why?
Day 9: Do you use your Master Ball?
Day 10: What villainous team did you like the best?
Day 11: What was your first Pok?mon to reach level 100? How long did this take you?
Day 12: Do you prefer 3D or 2D graphics? Why?
Day 13: What's your favorite thing to do in the post-game?
Day 14: Did you ever use a strategy guide for a Pokemon game?
Day 15: What's your favorite evolution method? How about your least favorite?
Day 16: Which game found the best use for the bottom screen?
Day 17: Would you like to see Gyms/HMs/biking return in the future, or are you hoping for more breaks from the traditional Pok?mon formula?
Day 18: Which character has the coolest battle theme?
Day 19: Which area has the coolest soundtrack?
Day 20: Have you tried any challenge runs? If so, how did they go?
Day 21: Do you miss the Game Corner? What was your favorite minigame in it?
Day 22: What's your favorite NPC quote? Why?
Day 23: Do you tend to be either overlevelled or underlevelled when playing?
Day 24: What's the most annoying status effect for you?
Day 25: What would you say is the toughest Trainer battle you've ever faced?
Day 26: What's your favorite Pok? Ball type?
Day 27: What's your favorite type combination? Why?
Day 28: What's the funniest moment you've experienced in a Pok?mon game?
Day 29: Main series games on the Switch: what are your thoughts?
Day 30: What are you hoping the next main series Pok?mon game will be?

Reactions: EC
Years

My fave Pokemon games (at least out of what I played) have been Black & White and its sequels, Black 2 & White 2. Unova is a region that stood out to me, not just with breaking the Japanese basis tradition, but this also opened up so many new possibilities and that's where these games truly showed it. I hadn't been replaying them lately but I may come back to them one day.

Least fave? Maybe the Kanto games, especially when you consider that I started to get sick of all the Kanto shoutouts in both X/Y and Sun/Moon. I never even played a game where Kanto was the main region, so that adds to my further disinterest in that generation.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Sun and moon are my new favorite games. I really liked some of the characters, and new pokemon.

Least favorite is kanto^
Sure, it's the original, but oh my goodness it's sooooo overdone. Not to mention, I don't get why people can't give up their nostalgia for a game that's clearly better.
I gave up Soulsilver as my longtime favorite for Sun and moon, I don't see why others can't do the same.

Years

Favorite: I'd have to say Pokemon Platinum, it expanded and fixed a lot mistakes that came with DP, and it introduced many of my favorite Pokemon. I also found the region very interesting and diverse, especially the post game sections. Also, the Pokedex was the right size for me, not too big or not too little.

Least Favorite: Pokemon X/Y, the introduction of 3D was very nice, but a lot of things were poorly executed. The broken EXP share made the games too easy, they had a bland storyline with bland characters, and it had very little post-game content.

Years

Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game, with Heart Gold coming in a very close second. I kind of fell out of Pokemon for a few years, and would only pick up the games once in a blue moon, only to shelf almost as soon as I started. Then I had the chance to borrow my friend's Emerald cartridge, and instantly fell in love with the Battle Frontier. Even though I wasn't great at the facilities, I spent way more time than I'd like to admit challenging them, and I was very disappointed to see they didn't make a return in OR/AS.

My least favorite game is Platinum, though I'm sure it would've been either Diamond or Pearl if I had a DS sooner. Overall, I liked Sinnoh as a region, but I felt so disconnected from the story that I had a hard time finishing it. Can't say I'm super pumped for a possible Sinnoh remake, but I'll keep an open mind going into it if they do come.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Favourite is Sapphire. I liked hoenn a lot and haven't played the remakes yet.
Least favourite... Red. Too glitch.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Favorite Pokemon game is still Platinum. Great region, great additions from Diamond/Pearl, plus a damn Battle Frontier. What more could you want?

Least favorite Pokemon game is one of ORAS. I loved seeing Hoenn again, but it felt so neutered compared to Emerald.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

My favorite was originally Platinum cause it was the first I ever owned but it has become my second favorite after I got Emerald and started playing it. BEST EVERYTHING!!!! Well except that I couldn't catch a Caturpie. I prefer Butterfree over Beautifly.

My least favorite? I would have to say X cause it was to easy to defeat. I mean seriously? I literally use the Elite 4 and champion as an easy means of getting money and EXP. I mean Pokemon Black was harder that X and I actually completed the Black story in a day. Gamefreak put little to no effort into X and Y.

blue

gucci
Years

Platinum is my favourite as it takes place in the Sinnoh region and pretty much expands on the already awesome games that are Diamond & Pearl. I feel like fourth gen introduced the best mix of Pokemon designs, a lot of which were down to the cross-gen evolutions of existing Pok?mon. While there weren't too many new Pok?mon so to speak, the new evolutions that we received were handled fantastically well in terms of design and choice. Amongst all that, we got a great storyline with awesome characters and I really can't fault those games if I'm honest. Lagging was an issue in DP but Platinum fixed up on that, even if it was just slightly faster.

Least favourite is Red/Blue. I don't have much to say about these games but to me they're just too outdated to enjoy. Kanto is my least favourite region which doesn't help, but everything just feels so limited and linear in those games. I get that's a given considering how they're 20 years old, but when compared to other titles, these are the games I feel least inclined to replay.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
DAY 1: Your favorite and least favorite Pok?mon game?

Does that mean main core games only?

If yes, my favorite would be Emerald, just for the sheer nostalgia it had on me.
I loved the Hoenn region when I played Sapphire, and Emerald made it all complete.
The two regions villain in one, Battle Frontier, incredible soundtrack, getting all three legendaries, just to name a few.

My least favorite? Probably Diamond. Mainly because at that moment I started to drift away from Pok?mon and I was not too keen on it.
But that was 10 years ago, I need a little refreshment on it. :P

Last edited:
Years

Favorite: Black and White/Black 2 and White 2. Unova is great, (most of) the characters are great, but I always felt like the originals were not only trying to force you to use the new Pokemon but also expected you to use certain Pokemon at certain points in the game, forcing you to have to stop and grind up an entirely new team at every Gym, with said teams likely being almost the exact same in every playthrough. B2/W2 didn't have those problems and kept what made the originals so good in the first place...but they did have Hugh, which the originals didn't, so they tie for my favorites.

Least Favorite: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum surprise surprise. Boring region that I can't be bothered to drag myself through on later playthroughs and an awful PokeDex. I'm probably going to get destroyed for this, but I feel like Sun and Moon have a lot of the same problems and I have a feeling they'll end up tying with D/P/Pl for my least favorite once online activity dies down.

Years

Favourate: Heart Gold will be my most favorite Pok?mon Game, Because it has received tons of improvement from Gen 2 Gold/silver, it contains Cool looking graphics (especially able to travel world first Pok?mon Region in NDs graphics), follow me, battle frontier, great Post-game And many more...

Least Favourite: Pok?mon diamond,pearl and platinum like many has already said, little Confusing storyline which takes ton's of time to complete, some ugly things like have to seen every Pok?mon for continuing Story and many other wrong decisions by Games freak in this sinnoh series, which isn't a good experience for me while playing these game.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Small edit: I forgot all about X/Y. It's honestly a tie between R/B/Y and X/Y. I feel like X/Y tried too hard to be like R/B/Y and that's probably what brought it down so low (also those "friends" ugh)

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Day 2: Most recent Pok?mon game you played? What were you doing?

Last one I played was Pok?mon Sun.
Did not do much, just played it to see Pok?mon Center's birthday surprise.

Years
Day 1: Your favorite and least favorite Pokémon game?

Favorite, I really don't know. If you asked me before 2016, my answer would definitely be Black 2 and White 2, but ever since my biggest adventure ever took a gigantic drop in quality at the worst possible time after so much work on it, that caused B2W2 to drop hard out of my top spot. I did do a Blue Mono-Color on Black 2 back in the winter that did allow me to grow back into them to a degree, but not quite enough to make them my favorites again. Maybe they'll become my favorites again in time, maybe not. We'll see.

So that aside, I guess X and Y? Mainly because of how many Pokémon there are to use in those games. The game feels more like a "have it your way" kind of game than any other to date.

Least favorite, I would have to go with the original Ruby and Sapphire. I don't think they're bad per se, I would just rather play the other games in today's day. The characters weren't that good, training stinks in these games, I wasn't big for Team Magma and Aqua, and the post-game is shit. So yeah.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Your favorite and least favorite Pokémon game?

Favorite: I would say S&M, XY and Gen5 it's fun and have interesting kinda of story, sometimes it's exicting on it's own way.

Least: I'l think it's Gen3 especially remake of original gen one, nothing too exciting around due to lack of post-game and not big fan of magma or aqua

Years
Day 2: Most recent Pokémon game you played? What were you doing?

Soul Silver. Doing a Blue Mono-Color, and I literally just finished training my team to Level 75 for Red. But now I have to get Heart Scales to reteach the moves I want for him... God bless.

blue

gucci
Years

I think it was Sun version and I progressed to the third island and the Aether Foundation. I haven't had much time lately to sit down and actually play, but I'll get back to it soon!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Pokemon White 2. Grinding to take on the 8th gym leader. Farthest I've been in this game since I first beat it when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back