• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
  • Day 5: How were you introduced to the Pok?mon games?

Not really sure how, it was 16 years ago :P
    It was either when I saw the TV show or when I received my GameBoy Color.

Years

I recall first hearing about Pokemon in 1997, which I think was when the series really started to arrive in my home country of Australia. I didn't get into playing a Pokemon game of my own until Ruby & Sapphire, two generations later.

blue

gucci
    Years

My sister and my friend got Yellow and Red versions respectively, so I got given Blue! This was back in about 1998 iirc.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years

My brother was a fan before I was. He couldn't beat Brock so I took the game and decided to have a go at it. I eventually did it with a Pidgey, abusing Sand-Attack and Potions long enough to whittle Onix's health down with not-very-effective Gusts. I've been a fan ever since.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 5: How were you introduced to the Pok?mon games?

Found Pokemon Yellow in a drawer on vacation. Took it with me, fell in love very quickly.

Years

My school had an event where people would bring used toys and stuff to sell. I saw a Pokemon Blue cartridge and thought "I like blue", so I bought it. I still own that copy today.

Years
  • Day 5: How were you introduced to the Pok?mon games? - On holiday I made a friend who was always playing FireRed, I used to watch him all the time and remember I really liked the look of it so when I got home, the first thing I did was get myself a copy.

Years
    I were introduced by Pok?mon game's because of Internet (google search) and First Pok?mon game of my life is Gold, after playing that i have realized it is something what i really wants? to play more and more. :-D

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be?

Diving. I think it really fits in S&M somehow.

Years
  • Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be?

I'd say the field move usage for moves like Sweet Scent and Dig. It was stupid to see that 7th Gen overhauled Pokemon so much that it got rid of this long-running hidden feature.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
    When I was 9 or 10 I was excited to receive a gameboy colour and Pokemon Gold for xmas, my first game.
    Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be? Day/night cycle.

Years
  • Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be? - Definitely Pokemon following the player, that is one of the best features ever to grace a Pokemon game.

blue

gucci
    Years

Difficulty Key System from B2W2. It really does beg the question why this wasn't made a permanent feature from the moment it was introduced.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be?

Is the Battle Frontier a feature? If so, that. Bring it back. We need something that isn't the same old boring standard battle area. I think it's insane that GameFreak doesn't listen to fan feedback.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years

6v6 WiFi battles. I loved those in 4th Gen, and am disappointed that I can't do them anymore.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?
    I do Showdown now and then, but all these overwatch updates have just been consuming my free time xD

Day 5: How were you introduced to the Pok?mon games?
    Idk how I found out about the games, but when I was in Second grade my friend gave me a Goldeen and a Dunsparce card and I thought they were so cool xD

Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be?
    Oh what, just one? dangit... I can't decide between the PWT or battle frontier. If we could have the PWT be one of the attractions that would be nice xD

Years
    The battle frontier, I miss the special challenges brought by the different types of battles there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back