• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Culture Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • wait I thought I was NK... :s

p sure I wasn't in the role playing corner in 2012 tho xD

NK just what I know Nakuzami as. I suppose it would work for you aswell so I guess I need to find something unique for one of you lol.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Well the problem with that is that people like to voodoo Naku's full name...speaking from experience here (from other games, not this one, lol).

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • People vood "Naku" too. Be careful guys, you don't want to fall into their trap. Avoid using any obvious words, especially in the late game when it becomes a lot easier to predict what people will say.
    Doesn't it have to be more than four letters? Or just not a common word like "this" or something? It's been awhile since my last voo game tbh.

Years
  • Okay guys, let's look at it this way. Your chances of getting voodoo hit are not that high. The role usually has a 50% chance of a kill even if it gets you, the words it uses also have to be four or more letters and not too common (usually). On top of that don't try and replace letters with numbers or w/e because no GM in the history of the UG has let you get away with that.

Don't sacrifice information for your own safety. If nobody talks properly we learn nothing. There's also no point looking into Naku's role right now he could be anyone.

inb4 this post gets me killed.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Okay guys, let's look at it this way. Your chances of getting voodoo hit are not that high. The role usually has a 50% chance of a kill even if it gets you, the words it uses also have to be four or more letters and not too common (usually). On top of that don't try and replace letters with numbers or w/e because no GM in the history of the UG has let you get away with that.

Don't sacrifice information for your own safety. If nobody talks properly we learn nothing. There's also no point looking into Naku's role right now he could be anyone.

Ooooh that's what everyone means by voodoo! Now I can feel less stupid reading everything. Thanks! (even though I'm sure you didn't purposely clear that up for me!)

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Oh, I forgot:

[#LOBOTOMISE] Charlie Brown

for being the first poster.

Spoiler:
    I'll agree that it's rare for Josh to post early in the game. Let alone be the first one lol. That "rip" comment kinda reminds me of those scum plays on EM, saying it first thing in the game and trying to blend in.

w0w people hate me when i dont post and now i get voted when I do post smh can never win
    Well, noone else voted for you, and jd did say it is a joke vote. He doesn't have anything on you not yet at least mwhahaha
    So what's with this reaction? It feels kinda forced and needlessly heated.

This would warrant a vote, but for the sake of discussion and trying not to form a bandwagon so early in day 1, I'll
    [#LOBOTOMIZE] Arsenic
    to welcome our newest victim member in UG.
    [LOBOTOMISE] lloebet
    Why would you vote for yourself?

So we can all get N0'd?
    Fair point actually :'(
    (In case you weren't kidding, if everyone steps up their game, then killing specific players wouldn't really matter)

Okay guys, let's look at it this way. Your chances of getting voodoo hit are not that high. The role usually has a 50% chance of a kill even if it gets you, the words it uses also have to be four or more letters and not too common (usually). On top of that don't try and replace letters with numbers or w/e because no GM in the history of the UG has let you get away with that.

You're assuming a lot of stuff here, but you're forgetting that Catdog is new here and is hosting for the first time. I don't know where he got the roles from, but I'd assume epicmafia, which means the voodoo lady could very well be not as restricted as you might think it is (even tho it should be in a forum game).

Years
  • Replacing words with letters isn't what you'd call a loophole so we should be fine. I agree with what you said about the information bit, I don't know if you're thinking the same thing I am, but if you do then I agree. I didn't want to bring it up, though, so eh...

I'm not a mafia trying to make people more likely to fall for a voodoo if that's what you mean. Otherwise I have no idea what you could be talking about.

Edit: Most of what I said applies to the Voodoo on EM doesn't it? The only bit that doesn't is the letter/number thing but I have faith in Catdog's ability.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I'll agree that it's rare for Josh to post early in the game. Let alone be the first one lol. That "rip" comment kinda reminds me of those scum plays on EM, saying it first thing in the game and trying to blend in.

Well, noone else voted for you, and jd did say it is a joke vote. He doesn't have anything on you not yet at least mwhahaha
    So what's with this reaction? It feels kinda forced and needlessly heated.
    I actually wasn't trying to call Charlie Brown out on anything, it was literally a random vote determined by who posted first. Now you're making me suspicious of you since you're trying to throw shade on Josh's reaction, which I didn't think was that strange at all. I may just have to watch you more closely.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Edit: Most of what I said applies to the Voodoo on EM doesn't it? The only bit that doesn't is the letter/number thing but I have faith in Catdog's ability.
    I'm fairly certain that the 50% chance of the cursed word killing you isn't a thing on EM. If you say the word, you're dead.
    The at least 4 letter restriction is there, but there's no restriction about frequently used words.

I actually wasn't trying to call Charlie Brown out on anything, it was literally a random vote determined by who posted first. Now you're making me suspicious of you since you're trying to throw shade on Josh's reaction, which I didn't think was that strange at all. I may just have to watch you more closely.
    Fair enough, but it does strike me as weird that you don't consider this overly defensive post of his alarming.

Years
  • That's not what I had in mind so nevermind. Getting defensive are we?

Nope, just the only thing I could think of since it's definitely one of the first possibilities I'd consider of a post like that. Trying to throw shade at me are we ;)

I agree with jd that Alex trying to suss Josh over an obvious joke post is curious.

Edit: Alex is right about the 50% clause, I wonder how it got so popular in larger games lol. I still don't think we really need to worry though.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • You have it wrong there. Reread my post. The reason I'm suspicious of Josh is his second post. There was needless defense on it over a joke vote. Why doesn't anyone see it lol.

Years
  • Not shade, just an observation. I'm onto you, pie. Watch out!

giphy.gif

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Then it's me not understanding it was meant to be a joke post. I had just woken up, in my defense

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Edit: Alex is right about the 50% clause, I wonder how it got so popular in larger games lol. I still don't think we really need to worry though.

Probably due to the manner in which forum games run, as posts are much longer and days are as well, so saying certain words becomes much more common, and too easy to his with a voodoo kill. Even common words like "this" don't appear that much in EM conversations

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • The changes we've made to the role to fit forum mafia are more than fine, I'm just saying we can't know for sure what Catdog did about it. And there's little point in discussing it. It won't really lead anywhere or change how we post, and it draws attention away from more important matters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back