• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Culture Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • Insert nonsense here

I didn't dodge your question, read it again.

And I'm not stupid, I know what an OMGUS is. I'm saying it doesn't count because it was against a random vote and she didn't defend herself because she knew that. It was just a convenient choice.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's scummy because it's a reactionary "no you" vote, implying that the one doing it feels the need to defend themselves, when there's no actual reason to, and with no reasoning behind it.

Except it comes with totally different implications when it's simply an "OMGUS" on a random vote. During random votes, it's entirely too common for people to vote back hit for hit. It both spreads out the votes and is at least less random than other random votes. It happens nearly every game.

I think you're looking too deeply into shallow waters here, but I'm not convinced it's because you're scum trying to throw someone under. It seems to be a pattern.

But I have a small thought, so I'm going to wait to see how much of it I can apply.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • [Lobotomise] Charlie Brown

For bandwagony behavior.

As for "Alex v Wiicked" both of you are wrong, IMO. Maybe Alex's heart is in the right place since he's trying to vote for people based on behavior, rather than random lynching. I agree that RL isn't the way to go, but I don't believe Wicked is scum because of it and everyone else is doing the same, so they should all be scum in Alex's eyes.

How have I been bandwagony when the only posts I've made are:

- joke post responding to JD's joke vote against me
    - explaining to Alex that my post was a joke post
    - voting for Alex because he's just casting blame on multiple people for any reason he can find

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yes

but he meant that Alex can't be scum because it would be idiotic for scum to do

which is true, for the idiotic part, but it does nothing to clear anyone.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • if you're pro-random accusations then doesn't it follow that you're pro-RLing? You're contradicting yourself.

(for the record I 100% agree that RLing doesn't help anyone except the Mafia)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • bruh idk why it's scummy to randavote right back on the person who randavoted me? NK didnt have any votes so they were a perfectly viable random. its just an exchange of "idk what to do rn lol"

Years
  • scum! Wiicked doesn't defend his teammates.

Just want to jump on this one real quick before I get to the meat of this. You're completely off on this. Wiicked is one of the few UGers who will actively try to save a team mate in mafia. I experienced this first hand back in Merlin.

On to the main event, I'm not about to absolve Josh of suspicion but Alex's and Johnny's votes against him seem pretty far fetched to me. He could potentially be scum I guess but I don't think you're making a very strong play against him at all and I also find it very interesting how actively you're coordinating right now. I don't necessarily think this makes either of you scum either, but it's definitely something worth noting especially because you're both quite adept at blending in and keeping your behaviour consistent across games/alignments. So yeah, this tactic of going in hard doesn't clear Alex at all and its interesting Johnny's putting so much effort into helping him push this Josh vote. If anything it makes Johnny look one of the scummier ones.

The person who has really jumped out to me though is NightKrow who has contributed pretty much nothing but that "joke vote". NightKrow typically brings good insight into games and has basically done the opposite. So my vote is on her for now.

[#Lobotomize] NightKrow

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Time for huge posts!

gimmepie said:

Nope. I was scum with Alex (Wiicked) on Alola Basic and he didn't come to help when I was in danger which was a good play by him. I ended up getting lynched. Alola was more recent than Merlin so I'm willing to trust what he did over there more than what he did on Merlin.

Actually, if anything, he wouldn't defend his teammate on D1 as scum like he's defending Anna right now.

And your NightKrow vote is weak. You made an entire post which half of it was you talking about what happened with Josh and Johnny, Alex etc. and you made good points against Johnny. Yet you seem to be avoiding voting for him and you instead vote for NK, who can easily be too busy to post. Why is this?

tl;dr is you have better points against Johnny than against NK yet you vote for NK. Which makes me think you're scum avoiding a player like Johnny and going for an easy lynch.

Also, Alex voted for Wiicked, not Josh. (Josh is Charlie Brown btw)

Johnny said:

Why are you defending Alex so much? Your first post was good, but you got out of hand later on.

[#UNVOTE] Lelouch
    [#LOBOTOMISE] gimmepie

Years
  • Time for huge posts!

Nope. I was scum with Alex (Wiicked) on Alola Basic and he didn't come to help when I was in danger which was a good play by him. I ended up getting lynched. Alola was more recent than Merlin so I'm willing to trust what he did over there more than what he did on Merlin.

Fair point but don't clear him completely or anything based just on that.

And your NightKrow vote is weak. You made an entire post which half of it was you talking about what happened with Josh and Johnny, Alex etc. and you made good points against Johnny. Yet you seem to be avoiding voting for him and you instead vote for NK, who can easily be too busy to post. Why is this?

tl;dr is you have better points against Johnny than against NK yet you vote for NK. Which makes me think you're scum avoiding a player like Johnny and going for an easy lynch.

Well firstly, Johnny would actually be the easier of the two considering his actions. Anyway, it's a hard call because Johnny is always a hyper-aggressive player, so it makes it difficult to be an accurate judge of him on the first day. Since he's contributing a lot, I don't want to accidentally axe an asset based on an impression largely derived from him being so aggressive in what he's doing. So whilst he appears scummier, there's an inherent feel of scumminess in a lot of his plays anyway, which makes me feel like NightKrow might still be the safer lynch from a town perspective. If I had to change my vote to anyone else though, it'd be Johnny. For now though, I want to keep the pressure on NightKrow to see what she does.

Also, Alex voted for Wiicked, not Josh. (Josh is Charlie Brown btw)

He changed his vote, originally he voted for Josh and he's still been going after him.

Why are you defending Alex so much? Your first post was good, but you got out of hand later on.

I wasn't aware I was defending anyone? I'm just calling things as I see them.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Just want to jump on this one real quick before I get to the meat of this. You're completely off on this. Wiicked is one of the few UGers who will actively try to save a team mate in mafia. I experienced this first hand back in Merlin.

That was a dire situation because we were completely outnumbered because of all of our teammates dying early in the game. That's definitely not the case now considering one person is dead.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • He changed his vote, originally he voted for Josh and he's still been going after him.

I wasn't aware I was defending anyone? I'm just calling things as I see them.

I never voted CB. I said I wanted to put a second vote on him but didn't given how UG tends to work. And I stopped after he pointed out it was a joke post, while clearly it didn't seem to me that way at the time.

Seth was talking to Johnny. He was the one that defended me, not you. And he defended me because he can actually think at the same time he reads posts.

So, let me get this straight. I interact with someone, question him and he questions me back, I make a legit case against him based on our interactions and all I get back is "Alex is desperate and jumps on pretty much anyone" ? Are you serious? You know, I really hope you're mafia and playing dumb, because if you're not then I'd recommend swapping to Playground

Years
  • I never voted CB. I said I wanted to put a second vote on him but didn't given how UG tends to work. And I stopped after he pointed out it was a joke post, while clearly it didn't seem to me that way at the time.

My mistake then, could have sworn you were one of the ones who voted him. I'd like to say that makes you feel less scummy to me but you'd probably immediately accuse m of buddying then. :P

Seth was talking to Johnny. He was the one that defended me, not you. And he defended me because he can actually think at the same time he reads posts.

That first part makes more sense. It looked like he was still talking to me, hence the confusion.

So, let me get this straight. I interact with someone, question him and he questions me back, I make a legit case against him based on our interactions and all I get back is "Alex is desperate and jumps on pretty much anyone" ? Are you serious? You know, I really hope you're mafia and playing dumb, because if you're not then I'd recommend swapping to Playground

Uh... what? You and Johnny have pretty much been working in tandem and that is something that needs drawing attention to. It'd have been downright awful playing of me to ignore that.

I fail to see how my vote was "far-fetched". This is day one and pretty much everyone else's votes are random votes, if that doesn't alarm you then you're not playing for the town. In short, you're okay with everyone else who random voted but are against the guys who are actually giving reasons for their votes? smh pie.

It was far-fetched because you're throwing food at the wall and hoping some of it sticks. You've got nothing real there at all. As for the random votes, you know me better than that. I don't like random votes any more than you do but it's hardly alarming for this lot to start random voting on day one when the majority of our players do that routinely. It's the ones that aren't normally so random that are concerning, such as NightKrow - for the rest it's pretty typical behaviour.

I'm not afraid to give reasons and use logic to decide my votes. This is why everyone ends up sheeping along and mafia blends in succesfully. You should be encouraging this behavior, not suspecting me because of it.

I'm not suspicious of you because you're asking questions, that's specifically the only reason I haven't put my vote on you over NK, which I have already explained. I'm suspicious of you because of your seemingly coordinated effort with Alex which is just plain suspicious. It makes it look like you're either working together or like you're trying to buddy him.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • My mistake then, could have sworn you were one of the ones who voted him. I'd like to say that makes you feel less scummy to me but you'd probably immediately accuse m of buddying then. :P
    Well, it would definitely cross my mind as a possibility, but another 10 possibilities would cross my mind as well. Nothing to make a fuss about lol.
    Changing opinion =/= budding

Uh... what? You and Johnny have pretty much been working in tandem and that is something that needs drawing attention to. It'd have been downright awful playing of me to ignore that.
    I was replying to people in general in this one, not to you personally. I just find it hard to wrap my head around people thinking it's bad to give reasoning for your vote and prefer the random vote instead. I'm tired of explaining that if you random vote today, you're gonna have nothing to work with tomorrow and resort to random voting again, and thus create a loop, which makes mafia just a game of chance, which it definitely is not.

It was far-fetched because you're throwing food at the wall and hoping some of it sticks. You've got nothing real there at all. As for the random votes, you know me better than that. I don't like random votes any more than you do but it's hardly alarming for this lot to start random voting on day one when the majority of our players do that routinely. It's the ones that aren't normally so random that are concerning, such as NightKrow - for the rest it's pretty typical behaviour.
    You do make a good point about Nightkrow here. I've definitely noticed that she's improved a lot lately and therefore have come to expect things from her.
    The thing is that you can't know if she's busy or not, and you know she has to handle uni and work (or at least that was the case last time I checked). Your reasoning is not too strong given this, but I think it's sufficient for day 1; it's a start.

I'm not suspicious of you because you're asking questions, that's specifically the only reason I haven't put my vote on you over NK, which I have already explained. I'm suspicious of you because of your seemingly coordinated effort with Alex which is just plain suspicious. It makes it look like you're either working together or like you're trying to buddy him.
    This seems like a stretch to me. Johnny pointing out I make sense doesn't necessarily mean we're scum partners or that he is buddying me. Don't forget he made clear he disagrees with my train of thought and scumlean on Wiicked.

Years
  • I tried to stop a baseless bandwagon against Alex, which is fairly easy to do for the mafia, hence why I voted CB. It's day one, stop expecting masterfully crafted cases.

You tried to stop a baseless bandwagon by running directly into another one. Good job. xD

Edit:

@Alex, hence the pressure. I want to see how she handles the votes she has. As for you and Johnny, it's more than I've got on pretty much anyone else so I've brought it up. That's about all there is to that. We need all this information out there so people can stop all this random voting and try to form some actual opinions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back