• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Don't know if these bugs have already been discussed but I've hit a few.

Litleo (both genders) causes the game to crash after reaching level 13. It happens with and without exp. share, right after battle (if they leveled up during), and with rare candies. The only way to get Litleo over 13 without it crashing, is by putting it in the day care, but don't level it up afterwards, or it'll crash the game.

The other bug is in Telmurk City by the Battle Marsh building. When you surf on the water, the female character turns into the male character, and the surfing pokemon is invisible. You can also use the B button to run, and it uses the puddle animation of the character walking across it while your character is stuck in a sitting position. I can't leave the small pond, and I can't talk to the guy standing nearby. Saving and exiting does not fix it, and neither does going into the menu. My pokemon who used surf was at full health, and I had just finished my battle with my rival outside the Battle Marsh. I don't see why there would be such a bug but there you go lol.

I'm also playing the game on kbhgames so maybe it's not exactly up to the latest patch? I'm not sure since I haven't actually checked yet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This really seems fun and interesting.I can't wait to see it release.
    Thank you!

The name Arkatoz Island reminds me of Alcatraz. Is it an abandoned prison island location?
    Arkatoz is indeed a prison island, but as you'll see in v4, it's by no means abandoned.

This pokemon trainer in Aerous Road near the hidden grotto with the Venonat, reacts to the VS Seeker but can't be battled. It just keeps repeating the same text.
    Thank you for the bug report, this will be fixed in v4.

Love the new orbtus map, looks a lot better and detailed.
    Thank you!

Is Aegislash or Stance Change bugged? I remember that when I caught the Honedge, its nature was Sassy, but now somehow it changed to Impish.
    Yes, there is a bug with Stance Change where it will recalculate the Aegislash's PID every time the Ability is activated. This will affect the gender, shininess and nature of the Aegislash. It will hopefully be fixed for v4.

Hi guys, is the mechanism of breeding in this hack similar with firered's? Breeding nature and ability are random or not? Sorry for my bad english :(
    Yes, the breeding mechanics for Gaia v3.2 (and previous versions) are consistent with FireRed. v4 may see some modernisation of the breeding mechanics, but none of this has been implemented yet.

Hi guys, is there anyone who knows where the gengar mega stone is ? It seems like it's a rare stone. Does someone know where it is?
    Gengarite is not obtainable in Gaia v3.2, but will be in the v4 postgame update.

please make a battle dome or battle frontier like in gen 3 pls i love the battle dome
    pls make a battle dome or battle frontier i love the battle dome
    There is already the Battle Marsh in v3.2, with a singles-battle tournament facility available. v4 will see further expansions to the Battle Marsh, with other battle types such as doubles, and possibly other facilities, too.

Hope with what changes you had to make still allows us to use our saves from 3.2 as I do have the team I want to use for the post game.
    Save files from v3.0, v3.1 and v3.2 are planned to be forwards-compatible with v4.

are there any fakemon in this hack? and any shadow pokemon like shadow mewtwo or shadow lugia?
    No, there are currently no plans to add any fake Pokémon, fake formes, or fake Mega Evolutions.
    Hello everyone!
    First of all, thank you Spherical Ice! Gaia is one of the best (if not the best) hack game I've ever played.
    -I want to report a bug, if it's not yet been adressed. I caught a Sawsbuck just at the first waterfall on the way to the Pokémon League, at the Pokédex information screen after catching, it shown a complete Raticate info and reverted back to a Sawsbuck in the "Sent to the pc box" screen.

-Also I have a question. I'm kind of a completionist in gaming. Can somebody tell me how many waterfalls are there to explore in Orbtus and their locations? I've never used HM Waterfall untill this point where I'm headed to the Pokémon League. I want to finish off exploring first.
    Thank you! The bug with Sawsbuck will be fixed for v4. The waterfalls you can find in v3.2 are in Nestpine Climb, Valoon Way, Atsail Bay, Nemesis River and Victory Falls.

I know it's just a matter of personal preference but I don't like the color the HP boxes have in battles: brown.
    I appreciate the feedback! I have had this mentioned a few times, so I will certainly consider updating the colours of this aspect of the UI to be more clear.

I think I ran into a bug.... when I got the HM01 Cut from Fernando's gramps I believe that is when I get the TM case...

Problem is, it does not show up in my bag and so I cannot access Cut to progress in the game. Do I have to reload a previous save and try again? Any help is appreciated.
    This bug is likely caused by the usage of faulty FireRed cheat codes for adding items, or may be the result of an improperly patched ROM.

Anyone has a list of hidden abilities in the game currently? I noticed that this game has missing hidden abilities such as moxie etc. I found a thread that shows the abilities of firered via this link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355328 . Other than that, gaia is such an awesome game!
    There are no Hidden Abilities in Gaia, but some Pokémon will have a secondary Ability as one they usually get as a Hidden Ability in the official games. You can check which Abilities a Pokémon has access to by checking its Pokédex entry; if two Abilities are listed, then the Pokémon will be able to switch between the two using an Ability Pill.

Just to note, i noticed weather effects are not updated to the latest gens. They still last indefinitely.
    This is a known issue which is planned to be modernised in v4.

Will there ever be newgen TMs like poison jab
    There are already TMs for new moves, such as the U-turn TM. As for Poison Jab TM specifically, there are no plans to add one at the moment.

I have a problem with the learnset. A lot of water type Pokémons who are supposed to learn dive through HM can't learn dive (like Lumineon and Clauncher). They can learn dive in OR/AS why not here?
    Thank you for this bug report! This, along with other such incompatibility issues, has been fixed for v4. As an aside, Clawitzer's compatibility with HM08 Dive is indeed in v3.2, so that may help you if you wish to keep it on your team (just evolve it to gain access to Dive).

This game is awesome. The story is fresh and the dialogues are very well written in a natural and clever way. Although the GYMs challenge could be done better, it feels like playing an official Pokémon game with great writing and characters.
    Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed playing.

Help. I just defeated Marina. and she said to see in Atsail Laboratory but when I went there, she's not there. Kinda stuck in here.
    Hm, I can't recreate this error. I'd recommend double-checking Marina's Gym to confirm you have indeed defeated her, and then make sure you are checking the Atsail Laboratory and not a similar place, such as the Edashore Observatory.

Don't know if these bugs have already been discussed but I've hit a few.

Litleo (both genders) causes the game to crash after reaching level 13. It happens with and without exp. share, right after battle (if they leveled up during), and with rare candies. The only way to get Litleo over 13 without it crashing, is by putting it in the day care, but don't level it up afterwards, or it'll crash the game.

The other bug is in Telmurk City by the Battle Marsh building. When you surf on the water, the female character turns into the male character, and the surfing pokemon is invisible. You can also use the B button to run, and it uses the puddle animation of the character walking across it while your character is stuck in a sitting position. I can't leave the small pond, and I can't talk to the guy standing nearby. Saving and exiting does not fix it, and neither does going into the menu. My pokemon who used surf was at full health, and I had just finished my battle with my rival outside the Battle Marsh. I don't see why there would be such a bug but there you go lol.

I'm also playing the game on kbhgames so maybe it's not exactly up to the latest patch? I'm not sure since I haven't actually checked yet.
    All of those bugs are from quite old versions so I imagine that the website you are playing on (which I do not endorse or have any affiliation with) is using an older version of Gaia. I'd recommend using the latest patch, v3.2, from the first post of this thread. There is also a patching guide in the FAQ section of the same post, so hopefully it should be easy to do.

The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed a new route to the east of Loamas Town in my previous post's screenshot of the new Town Map. This map is Loamas Pasture, a route with several ponds that makes it perfect for growing crops. The people of Loamas Town celebrate the abundant harvests they get, and have prayed at the Loamas Shrine of Abundance for generations.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

A fun fact from the development of Loamas Pasture is that the layout of the map is actually reused! Due to the slight adjustments to the geography of the region, Telmurk Swamp and the Battle Marsh were remapped, as shown in the previous update. However, I felt it would be a shame to let the old Telmurk Swamp go to waste. Loamas Pasture therefore reuses its layout! There are changes here and there, but in general the layout it's pretty similar. Waste not want not!

Somewhat connected, the video below shows one of the several legendary events planned for the v4 postgame update!

After the player defeats the Pokémon League for the first time, they will be able to meet Gym Leader Richter in the Celanto Library. Hunt down Tornadus and Thundurus as they roam the region, and discover the secrets behind the Loamas Shrine!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Will you be adding another lucky egg in the game?I lost one to that malamar in precimos hotel...
    I may make them purchaseable at the Battle Marsh. Realistically, I'd rather fix the way Switcheroo/Trick/etc works to be modernised.

Will Loamas Pasture be explorable before or after you beat the Pokemon League?
    Loamas Pasture has no roadblocks, so you can access it as soon as you reach Loamas Town.

Years
  • I need some help. I've done the first 6 gyms and I'm stuck in Precimos Island. I've searched for answers on this and I've seen people say that I should go to the hotel because the guy at the back will have moved by now. He's still there.

I don't have HM Dive either so I can't go to any other place.

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • I need some help. I've done the first 6 gyms and I'm stuck in Precimos Island. I've searched for answers on this and I've seen people say that I should go to the hotel because the guy at the back will have moved by now. He's still there.

I don't have HM Dive either so I can't go to any other place.
    Are you sure it is the latest version of the game?Version 2.6 stops at precimos island.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Hi spherical ice, will u be adding more abilities to the pokemon or is it already finalised? I hope is the former so that it brings more fun to the game.

Last edited:

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • Yes sir. V 3.2

The hotel and the guy you are saying,is it the guy blocking the first floor stairs of precimos hotel?If you have defeated the gym,he should have moved and allow you to battle the burglars upstairs.I remember some NPC's in the hotel (just a faint memory) who told me that there are burglars upstairs.Did you talk with all the NPC's again after defeating the gym?

Years
  • Are you sure it is the latest version of the game?Version 2.6 stops at precimos island.

The hotel and the guy you are saying,is it the guy blocking the first floor stairs of precimos hotel?If you have defeated the gym,he should have moved and allow you to battle the burglars upstairs.I remember some NPC's in the hotel (just a faint memory) who told me that there are burglars upstairs.Did you talk with all the NPC's again after defeating the gym?

Soooo I figured out what was wrong. Well, I play Gaia here on my PC and on mobile. Mostly on mobile. Turns out that yes, I checked and confirmed that I had 3.2 here on my PC. But um...my mobile version was 2.6. Whoopsie! Thank you for replying to me twice -- that second reply made me double-check the version I was running (I had checked PC but not mobile)

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2019
    Made an account just to say how much I enjoyed my first playthrough!

Level curve was well balanced, maybe the end game could be a bit harder, but overall a really well structured game difficulty wise.

A few bugs I encountered;

Crashed before Akuto fight once
    Male sprite showing in Battle Marsh despite playing as female
    Chandelure showed as Mewtwo in Hall of Fame

And a big one;
    During the "Teleport using Alakazam to the tablet shards" section I died on the third tablet. Alakazam didn't return to Herschel's house (may be intended) but more importantly all of my teams levels and more regressed to how they were before I first teleported! It only affected those in my party, but the shards I'd spent were still gone and the HM moves I'd deleted and replaced were back. A weird glitch for sure!

Really enjoyed v3 and looking forwards to v4!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    When is v4 likely to be released as wanting to do 2nd playthrough so need all the stuff xd

Years
  • Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia has its own Randomizer!

This is not a conventional update for Gaia itself, but rather an update I've made to Dabomstew's Universal Pokémon Randomizer!

The randomizer tool is compatible with Pokémon Gaia v3.2.

You can download the Randomizer here: https://github.com/sphericalice/universal-pokemon-randomizer/releases/ or https://www.sphericalice.com/romhacking/hacks/gaia/universal-pokemon-randomizer-gaia.zip

The source code is available here: https://github.com/sphericalice/universal-pokemon-randomizer

Edit: Just released a small bugfix update which should resolve an issue with evolutions: https://github.com/sphericalice/universal-pokemon-randomizer/releases/

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, not sure if this is reported or not, but for some reason, the ability "bulletproof" is immune to Ice ball. Furthermore, more using Ice Ball against a Pokemon with Bulletproof causes a soft lock in which a Pokemon using Ice ball goes into a never ending loop against the Pokemon with Bulletproof.

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • I need some help.I was trying to breed a riolu with meteor mash by putting a female smeargle knowing it and a male Lucario in daycare.But no matter how many times I try,it always ends up with an egg of smeargle(I got almost 9 eggs like this).Please help if I am doing something wrong.

Years
  • I need some help.I was trying to breed a riolu with meteor mash by putting a female smeargle knowing it and a male Lucario in daycare.But no matter how many times I try,it always ends up with an egg of smeargle(I got almost 9 eggs like this).Please help if I am doing something wrong.

The egg will always have the female pokemon inside, so you need a female lucario and a male smeargle

Back