• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Race Version 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Maybe Game Freak thought it would make Weavile too powerful since its already a good Pokemon? Absol for instance (my favorite dark Pokemon) had to have sucker punch prior to its mega because its very strong but slow.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I don't think Game Freak knows much about balancing Pokemon. I mean, they gave Blaziken Speed Boost and they still haven't nerfed Landorus-T!

Years

Yeah Speed boost is o.p but since Blaziken is a starter Pokemon and megas were becoming a thing I think it was fair to do something for Blaziken, it was in the same boat as Absol in that it had all of this power but since its not built to take hits it needed to be able to outspeed its competition somehow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Weavile is safe now, Magnezone is next.

The Pokemon Race Version 4.2

I'm gonna vote it up.

Years

I like it too. I know a lot of people don't like his bulky appearance and I can understand that, but I think its looks fun like a space ship. I named my Magnezone Enterprise as a nod to Star Trek.

Last edited:
    Years

When I think of my favorite gen 1 pokemon I think of Dragonite, Arcanine, the starters, Gengar, Alakazam, Ninetales, Gyarados. I had kinda forgotten about the magnemite and voltorb lines. They were fine, but they were a lttle more abstract than I prefer and there were better elrctric Pokemon to use like Jolteon and Zapdos. But when Magnezone appeared it renewed by interest and he was good to use.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

My favourite Electric type of Gen 1 would be Pikachu and Raichu. I also like the other Electric types of Gen 1, except the Voltorb line.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Voltorb and Electrode are kinda boring and ugly, but they should be if they want to imitate Poké Balls and mess with people pretending to be items in the Power Plant.
    I do love Magnemite's line a lot, so I'm definitely voting this one up!

Years
  • 17 Mine is probably sweet Raichu too.

I led with Magnezone against Cynthia because I felt he was the best answer to Spiritomb who is very bulky and had no weaknesses at that time but Magnezone's typing allowed it resist every move Spiritomb knew.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

You could also use Foresight or Odor Sleuth on Sableye or Spiritomb. Then you can hit them super effectively with Fighting type attacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back