• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Mega Evolution confirmed for Let's Go - what are your thoughts on this?

MurasakiAlex

Agatha's Apprentice
Years
  • I heard a rumor recently for the possibility of new Mega Evolutions of Pokemon.

I believe they were: Dragonite, Golem, Persian, Machamp, Raichu, Jynx, Arbok, Weezing, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Starmie.

Apparantly these were trademarked and the rumor is the reason is the possibility of that will receive Mega evolutions in Lets Go. Though there has been no confirmation so far from Gamefreak or Nintendo.

I'd love a Mega Arbok and Mega Weezing though lol :)

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I heard a rumor recently for the possibility of new Mega Evolutions of Pokemon.

I believe they were: Dragonite, Golem, Persian, Machamp, Raichu, Jynx, Arbok, Weezing, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Starmie.

Apparantly these were trademarked and the rumor is the reason is the possibility of that will receive Mega evolutions in Lets Go. Though there has been no confirmation so far from Gamefreak or Nintendo.

I'd love a Mega Arbok and Mega Weezing though lol :)

Rumor source please?

Still confident that spin off games will not introduce new mega evolutions. But hey GF did strange things before like making Ash-Greninja canon.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Rumor source please?

Still confident that spin off games will not introduce new mega evolutions. But hey GF did strange things before like making Ash-Greninja canon.

While this may sound like an arbitrary list, those mons, I believe, got trademarked during our run-up to release. People are using this fact to speculate about them receiving megas. But hey, I'd love to see a Mega Dragonite - he's the OG pseudo and practically deserves a mega.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • If they gave a Mega to Hitmontop, then that would mean that Hitmontop(a Generation 2 Pokemon!!) is in Let's GO. Meaning Pokemon such as Slowking, Scizor, Steelix and all the Johto Evolutions of Kanto Pokemon may be included in the game. Hence speculating that Let's GO may have the rematch function that Generation 1 and FireRed/LeafGreen never had and giving Brock, Misty, Lt.Surge, Erika(if she has Venusaur), and all the Kanto Gym Leaders a Mega Evolution based on the rumored additions. That includes the Elite Four and hopefully the "friendly rival" Champion.

Also means Team Rocket is sure to have it with Arbok, Weezing and Persian possibly getting them. What I don't get is why they'd add a Mega to Eevolutions o.O

MurasakiAlex

Agatha's Apprentice
    Years
  • Rumor source please?

Here a a couple of source links I found:

https://nintendosoup.com/15-kanto-p...y-receive-mega-evolutions-in-pokemon-lets-go/

https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/...on-lets-go-eevee-and-pikachu-nintendo-switch/

Again, nothing has been officially confirmed by Nintendo or GameFreak. It is just a rumor that may or may not have some credibility to it. I just wanted to share and see what everyone though about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2018
    Since a lot ot gen 1 pokemon got a Mega evolution, I am not too surprised of this news.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • As a non-fan of mega evolution, I'm not really excited to see it being implemented.

I'd rather just add other gen pokemon but oh well.

Years
    • Online now
    I'm happy with it.

Just because it's gen 1 focused, doesn't mean they need to also ignore all the new features.

Years
  • eh.

it's nice, but i wonder if this means that they'll be introducing new mega evos this time around...? perhaps not, but one can hope.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well seeing as a Kanto centric game hasn't had an update since FRLG when Generation 3 mechanics(along with Generation 2 Genders/Breeding) were introduced, I'd say this is long overdue and expected. With Mega Evolutions being added, I would not be shocked if new Mega Evolutions are added, particularly if they add a Rematch function for Gym Leaders.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Well seeing as a Kanto centric game hasn't had an update since FRLG when Generation 3 mechanics(along with Generation 2 Genders/Breeding) were introduced, I'd say this is long overdue and expected.

Exactly. It seems like a lot of people, when these games got introduced, were pretty mad at the fact that "it was Kanto yet again" when in fact, that region has actually not been seen recently outside of a port of the first generation. Granted, there is also HGSS, but Johto was the focus of those games. It's probably because of the merchandising and pandering in recent generations that has made us think that we've seen too much of the Kanto region when in fact they're trying to bring a region that has now outdated mechanics by today's standards. Well, it was the 20th anniversary so it makes sense, and XY was trying to be the opposite of BW, especially considering the latter alienated a few fans.

Years
  • Will Erika have Gloom as her Ace? What about Koga and having a team full of Venonats or will he be similar to Blue/Red

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Will Erika have Gloom as her Ace? What about Koga and having a team full of Venonats or will he be similar to Blue/Red

Hard to say but based on what I've seen, its more towards Pokemon Yellow with Team Rocket(J&J) in the games. Whether that applies to Gym Leaders and their respective teams, I don't know. Mega Evolution throws a quirk into this too, implying a rematch function for Gym Leaders I would think or at the very least making Elite Four that much harder.

Niqck

G E K O L O N I S E E R D
    Years
  • Cool now only battles with wild encounters and these could become on of the best games of the franchise. (IMO)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    From what I've heard, the games don't let you evolve into gen 4 Pokémon (like no Magmar into Magmortar) or even fan-favorite gen 2 Pokémon like Espeon and Umbreon, keeping it very strictly gen 1-only. So it seems like the addition of Mega Evolution is to help make the game even easier to complete, rather than for the sake of appeasing fans of Mega Evolution.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • With only a few weeks away from the release, I wonder when will they reveal new Mega Evolutions or similar form/es? As far as I remember, ORAS revealed new MEs and Primal Reversion way earlier, USUM revealed Ultra Necrozma near the release...

Back