• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I wishlist eh?

• PURE FLYING TYPEs (Arceus is current with sky plate.)
    • Tauros evolution line
    • Grass/Steel
    • Ice/Dragon
    • Dark/Fighting
    • Dragon/Bug
    • Stronger UU's
    • Uber NU's
    • Electic/Grass
    Think that's all...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wishlist eh?

• PURE FLYING TYPEs (Arceus is current with sky plate.)
    • Tauros evolution line
    • Grass/Steel
    • Ice/Dragon
    • Dark/Fighting
    • Dragon/Bug
    • Stronger UU's
    • Uber NU's
    • Electic/Grass
    Think that's all...

I like the two invisible ones the best...lol

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Since you're talking about creating new Pokémon for future generations, this really belongs in the 5th gen/future generations speculation thread. Though, this is sort of borderline on if it belongs there or not, so it's not a big deal that you didn't post there instead :3 In the future though, check for other threads on your topic first.

-Merged-

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • I have an idea for a game.

Name Pokemon Future: Chroma edition

Plot: The story starts like always. You are a Pokemon trainer who gets a pokemon from Oak and heads to viridian. All of a sudden, you and your starter are kidnapped by a unknown group and brought into the year 2109. You wake up and you are in jail. You find a time machine and escape into prehistoric times, but your pokemon is still in the future. When you return to the future you discover an ancient pokemon (a new one) tags along with you. You awake in New Viridian City which is completely different from when you last saw it, now extending into the sea and very modern, looks like a futuristic NYC now. The pokemon are all much more powerful and the stats without any evs and neutral nature are the equivalent of maxed out stats(Example, Jirachi now has 404 hp and 328 all other stats with just 31 ivs.) Viridian Forest is now a desert and its inhabitants have changed (Pikachu line looks eviler and has a dark type, Rattata line is now ground type with sand veil instead of run away, and is now slower and much more powerful.) Mt Moon is now taller than MT. Coronet and a large mt. range crosses the Kanto region. Your great grandson is a communist leader and has castle in the walled city of Saffron. This group that kidnapped you to get rid of you so your great grandson would never exist, but your pokemon was kidnapped because this species is extint and they wanted to creat a Mewnine with 999 stats and any pokemon move and ability.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'd like a poison/flying type pokemon, to negate poison's weakness to ground. I'm surprised they haven't done it already, actually...

And Gengar also negates the weakness.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • My friend and I were contemplating new ideas last night as we ussually do and I'll list some of the best ones.

Grass/Ghost type, okay this one wasn't anywhere near the best but it was funny cause he exclaimed "That'd be a cool walling type," then we paused and started laughing. It's weak to Ghost, Dark, Poison, Bug, Flying, Fire and Ice, but it'd still be cool.

~Can't remember the name but it ended with "ennai"
    ~Water/Dragon

~Basically its a legendary pokemon that occupies a series of connected lakes up too the north of the pokemon one. Some consider it a myth as the only confirmed sighting was hundreds of miles away from it thought area. Milotic have been known to act strangely around said waters, many even being known to abandon there trainers for short periods of time.
    It is thought to be one of the most beautiful of pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I just want better contests...LOL!!! I really pray it will turn out to be like the anime contests with an appeal round and a battling round that doesn't deal with HP but points intead...IDK how they would do that though???

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Yeah I'd have to go with better contests. Contests like the anime would be awesome. Especially over wifi!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah I'd have to go with better contests. Contests like the anime would be awesome. Especially over wifi!

Oh yeah, I expect contests getting a lot of attention of they upgrade it abit and it hits WiFi...I think they might do that next actually...

Snicker_Kicker

Let's kick some Snickers...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Here is what I think should be in the 5th gen:

-Customizable Characters: I mean, there's gonna be a main sprite, but give them the ability to change their clothes, hair, and stuff would really add flavor to the game.
    -Forming a team: Just like in the anime, I think the ability to form a team with two trainers would be nice. I mean, the occasional parter-up with your rival is ncie, but I would like to have him around, that way the storyline would HAVE to become more intricate.
    -Travel to other regions: 'Nuff said...
    -Cutscenes: Sweetness...
    -More Ghost- and Dragon-type Pokemon and Moves: Again...'nuff said.
    -A Dragon/Fire Pokemon: This could make the ultimate Mixed Sweeper. There are plenty of Physical Dragon and Fire moves, but taking advantage of the best of both worlds would be utter sweetness. Plus, Dragon and Fire Pokemon are typically fast, save Heatran.
    -Two more Eeveelutions: A Dragon-type Eeveelution would be nice, as would a Steel-type. Going off what GF as introduced so far, these could be plausible.
    -Fossil Crocodiles and Fossil Birds: An Archaeopteryx and an extinct crocodile would be nice. Rock/Flying and Rock/Water, the former speed and the latter attack would be cool.
    -A Pokemon that doesn't require level-up to evolve: Besides Porygon. One evolutionary line is not enough.

Also, I think a few new evos could be introduced. Here are a few:
    -Absol
    -Tropius
    -Castform
    -Torkoal
    -Eevee (duh...)
    -Sableye
    -Mawile
    -Seviper
    -Zangoose
    -Smeargle
    -Stantler
    -Skarmory
    -Heracross
    -A Pokemon that evolves into either Tauros or Miltank depending on gender
    -Pachirisu

I also think a Dragon-type Legendary trio would be nice...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also think a Dragon-type Legendary trio would be nice...

You mean a minor trio right?

Anyway a Dunsparce line would rock. Like magikarp turning into a beastly normal/dragon

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Dunsparce and Girafarig need to evolve. Also many Golduck, and there is already a dragon trio. >_> *points to Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina who are crying becase apparently were forgetten already*

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Well Dunsparce has 100 base HP so it's not exactly comparable to Magikarp.

And who's up for a Magikarp pre-evo or another Magikarp, Feebus type pokemon. Sorry i just really want to see something besides Shedinja have a base 1 something. Me and my friend actually thought out it's final evolution. (Warning, the following pokemon is not meant to be taken seriously)

Kinderkid
    Ice/Steel
    Ability: Frightened, When switched in after a pokemon faints it's speed is doubled. This pokemon can not be Baton Passed too or switched in after U-Turn.
    50/185/10/5/40/250
    Learnable Moves
    ~Sheer Cold
    ~Fissure
    ~Horn Drill
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Surf
    ~Flash Cannon
    ~Hyper Beam
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Thunder
    ~Blizzard
    ~Ancient Power
    ~Rest
    ~Snore

Yes none of them are physical xD

Type Weaknesses and Resistances
    ~4x Fire
    ~4X Fighting
    ~2X Ground
    ~1x Rock
    ~1x Steel
    ~1X Water
    ~1X Electric
    ~0.5X Grass
    ~0.5X Bug
    ~0.5X Dark
    ~0.5X Ghost
    ~0.5X Dragon
    ~0.5X Normal
    ~0.5X Flying
    ~0.5X Psychic
    ~0.25X Ice
    ~0X Poison

YAY!

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I would like starters to be a little better than they are, specially the ones that are not used often. I would do that by changing their abilities. All starters have the same abilities and they aren't as useful.

This is what I would do to the following starters:

Venusaur
    I would give it the Thick Fat ability. It kinda makes sense a bit that Venusaur gets this ability since it is kinda fat but it also helps it to reduce damage from two of its weaknesses.

Charizard
    Swap its Attack and Special Attack stats. 109 Atk and 84 SAtk. Since Charizard has a more favorable physical movepool and has Swords Dance/Dragon Dance, it will benefit more from having higher Atk. And maybe, Gluttony.

Blastoise
    Take points from its Atk stat and give them to HP and defenses. I would give it the ability to learn Aqua Ring and give it either Swift Swim or Rain Dish. I would also give it Water Spout. It would be interesting so see Blastoise as a healing tank and hitting hard with Water Spout for keeping its HP stat high.

Meganium
    Take points from its Attack stat and give them to HP, defenses and maybe Special Attack, similar to Blastoise. I would also give it Thick Fat, like Venusaur, to cover two of its weaknesses.

Typhlosion
    Well, a better special movepool I guess. I would give it Energy Ball since it covers Typhlosion's 3 weaknesses: Rock, Water, and Ground. I would also give it Dragon Pulse so that he can cover almost every Pokémon there is. I don't know what ability would be good for it.

Feraligatr
    Guts, I guess. This Pokémon is good as it is, its outclassed by Gyarados but thats another story. It could get Intimidate as well since he is creepy looking too.

Blaziken
    Technician ability and access to Flame Wheel and Force Palm. Force Palm would have the same power as Close Combat but instead of getting lower defenses and only 5 PP, it would have a chance of paralizing and 10 PP. If it isn't possible to get Force Palm we still got Double Kick. Flame Wheel is just a physical fire attack with 60 power. Nothing special, but with Technician boost and STAB, it could be very deadly. All of these changes can make Blaziken stand out from Infernape.

Torterra
    Maybe because its a grass tank, I choose Thick Fat for this Pokémon as well. It's x4 weak to Ice so it might need it.

That is all I can think of. For Swampert, Sceptile, Empoleon and Infernape I would choose different abilities but I don't know which would be best for them.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That is all I can think of. For Swampert, Sceptile, Empoleon and Infernape I would choose different abilities but I don't know which would be best for them.

Nope, its the law for starters to have Torrent, Overgrow or Blaze. Sucks though I agree that starters should get different abilities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back