• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Improving the starters won't happen; if it ain't broke don't fix it. besides, it will cause backwards compatibility issues.

That, and traditionally all of the starters have blaze/torrent/overgrow. Bar Infernape, Swampert, and maybe Empoleon, the starters aren't really ideal competitive pokemon. We have Blissey and Salamence for that.

Also, Snicker Kicker, do Skarmory and Heracross REALLY need evolutions? o_O They're good enough already.

I don't know, I'd really rather not give many pokemon new evos. Some of the DP ones were cool (Tangrowth, Yanmega) but the majority took the coolness of the old forms and demolished it (Rhyperior, Togekiss, Magmortar, Electivire just to name a few). I don't mind some but I wish they wouldn't overdo it all the time, especially with the worthless baby pokemon.

Also for whoever posted it earlier, Dark/Psychic is 4x weak to Bug.

But yeah, I just don't want them to screw anything else up. Then I'll be happy. Also, maybe some pokemon that weaken offense a bit would be nice, but I doubt Nintendo thinks of competitive pokemon first (and I don't blame them) so I'm not getting my hopes up, haha.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Improving the starters won't happen; if it ain't broke don't fix it. besides, it will cause backwards compatibility issues.
    It's only a wish though. I know it won't happen, I know it's law that starters should get those abilities.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually like the idea about an Ice/Steel type pokemon...we really do not have this combination yet do we???

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    No we don't, its too bad about its 4x weak to Fire and Fighting but I had thought of a way to resolve it, too a point a while ago.
    I think I called the ability heavy skin, basically, neutral damage is taken from Fighting type attacks but speed is reduced by 75%.
    The poke I had it based on was my Ice evolution, Dragon, split thingamabober.

The first evolution is a small Ice/Water type Squid like thing, it is an extremely rare pokemon that can only be found way up north and near the Tropic of Cancer during Fall (mating season). This pokemon loves the cold and despite having lunges, can stay underwater for an estimated 16 hours. Though many people believe it can stay underwater for days if it so chooses.

I couldn't remember how it evolved exactly as most evolved into another Water/Ice type (A Giant Squid like thing) and a small few became an Ice/Dragon type.
    Than they each evolve once more, the Ice/Water pokemon becomes Ice/Steel Colossal Squid and the Ice/Dragon stays with its current typing.

The Ice Dragon was the more offensive of the two and the Squid is an excellent wall. Both of them had respectable plus 100+ base speeds so I gave the Squid my Heavy Skin ability so you could eather use it as a tank with two common weaknesses or a wall with only one. I forget what the other ability was, Battle Armour or something.

I'll try to find my outlines so I can find the base stats, I tried to keep them respectable despite my huge bias to making the Ice/Dragon very much Uber.

And I'm all for making starters more viable, but alot of them already are if you try them out, though I'm all for a little Movepool upgrade. Lets just keep their abilities the same and especially their stats. (Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze are actually somewhat helpful anyways, well on some of them, i.e. Blaziken)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, an Ice/Steel type would have two major weaknesses but WOW...a 75% speed drop is a bit harsh don't u think?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    1. Female rival would be cool, or multiple rivals. That poor 3rd Pokemon is always chillin in the lab (save when Dawn takes it in D/P, but she hardly fights you.)

2. Evolution for Lanturn :3

3. A new Blissey; just...more 'cleric' class Pokemon. I don't care if they're just as hard to takes down, just something different so I don't have to see that fatty fluff's face anymore.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    Blaziken
    Technician ability and access to Flame Wheel and Force Palm. Force Palm would have the same power as Close Combat but instead of getting lower defenses and only 5 PP, it would have a chance of paralizing and 10 PP. If it isn't possible to get Force Palm we still got Double Kick. Flame Wheel is just a physical fire attack with 60 power. Nothing special, but with Technician boost and STAB, it could be very deadly. All of these changes can make Blaziken stand out from Infernape.

Technician only raises 1.5. Force Palm would have base 90 power (not counting stab) vs. Close Combat and SuperPower's 120. It would be a nice alternative.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think a female rival would be really cool too, and an evo for Lanturn and a "new" Blissey kind of pokemon would be nice too...Blissey is a little Overused A LOT in wifi battles...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well I think its speed was somewhere around Infernape, and if you halve 346 you get 173. I guess that's alright, with it's defense I doubt it'd be used that way but I just wanted to be sure no one would be scarfing it or Agility passing to it.

its stats were like 111/81/105/70/125/108=600 It might not be broken... ... . well theorymon and pokemon are different games.

Sean Visinoni

Apple - Think Different ^^
    Years
    I'd really like G/S/C remake, but i guess that just time will tell

what I'd really like it's a game with an intrestig story and maby with the possibility to take some decisions

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I wan't a GSC remake too, I think it would be pretty cool if they did one.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'd really like G/S/C remake, but i guess that just time will tell

what I'd really like it's a game with an intrestig story and maby with the possibility to take some decisions

I wan't a GSC remake too, I think it would be pretty cool if they did one.

How is GSC 5th gen? anywaiz, I want to se a Poison/Dragon type, maybe an evo of Seiper or Arbok.

Years
    How is GSC 5th gen? anywaiz, I want to se a Poison/Dragon type, maybe an evo of Seiper or Arbok.

You would do it like Fire red and leaf green it starts off in johto and then you go to some different place with generation v.

And you could have some disaster or something in the story which and forced all the generation v pokemon to migrate (some legendary battle) and thus you get all these generation v pokemon poping up in johto.

p.s a poison dragon would be cool

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not but the only thing I want from the new generation is a Fighting/Flying type.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The only way they do that is if they made the 5th generation south of sinnoh connected through mount coronet(i actually think its kind of logical for that to be the next region XD)
    Anyway i want an evolution of torkoal That article could be fake but i really want it to happen.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    They need to make it easier to grow berries, I don't have all day to wait so I can water them. :knockedou

And there aren't enough Fire types.

Years
    I know most people would find it quite anoying trying to catch them all but in generation v i would like to see a reintrodution of dive with an coral reef type thing (maybe a evo of corsola?) and like a ton of exotic fish pokemon.Not all pure water types though.. more pokemon like lanturn would be nice.Maybe a water fire crap pokemon based of those crabs that live in the volcanic vents in the ocean floor?

Last edited:

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    That does sound sweet. And maybe, if they keep the underground, you should be able to dig up Time Gears (PKMN Rescuers of Time and Darkness) to unlock a Mystery Gift event involving Celebi or Dialga. It's kind of like an advertisment for PKMN Rescue Games so it works both ways.

What about a dolphin?
    Also, Rattata should be able to learn Water Gun like in the orginal game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back