• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Spaghetti

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I was going to make me some spaghetti today but I only have one working burner on my stove. So, I was wondering, which should I do first? Cook the spaghetti or heat the meat sauce? Has to do with whichever takes longer to cook. The one that takes longer to cook I should cook first, so that it won't get cold while the other one is cooking. But which one takes longer too cook?

Years
  • I highly recommend preparing the noodles first, and then preparing the meat sauce.

If the noodles get cold while you're preparing the meat sauce, they will be warmed up by said meat sauce. :coolcat:

protip: salt the water before you boil it. and maybe even add a tablespoon of olive oil.

source: experience in the kitchen

Last edited:
    Years
  • On top of that, do you use a pre-made sauce like Prego, Ragu, Classico, etc? If you do, then Tyler's suggestion is appropriate. Otherwise, I'd suggest going out and buying a slow cooker and preparing the meat sauce in there as that can take 1-2 hours.

Years
  • People heat the sauce?
    :thonk:
    RhOO5qo.gif

people don't heat their sauce?

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For the best flavor preferably also let the sauce cook for a few hours on a low heat.

I mix two different flavored jars of premade sauce, plus add in meat and some other seasonings, mostly salt and pepper and maybe some onions, and then I let it simmer for a couple of hours.

Once I turn it off for a time to sit and take in flavor, then I cook the pasta.

Usually turns out as better spaghetti than I can get anywhere else, so I hope that helps I bit next time you try. :>

Edit: It's fair to say that if you mix in sausage or hamburger, those need to be cooked til brown before you mix them into the sauce, so cook those first.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For the best flavor preferably also let the sauce cook for a few hours on a low heat.

I mix two different flavored jars of premade sauce, plus add in meat and some other seasonings, mostly salt and pepper and maybe some onions, and then I let it simmer for a couple of hours.

Once I turn it off for a time to sit and take in flavor, then I cook the pasta.

Usually turns out as better spaghetti than I can get anywhere else, so I hope that helps I bit next time you try. :>

Edit: It's fair to say that if you mix in sausage or hamburger, those need to be cooked til brown before you mix them into the sauce, so cook those first.

YAS YAS YAS YAS
    This is what I do.

But I usually mix spaghetti sauce with alfredo sauce. And add in minced garlic, onions, and a few different seasonings for extra love.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • 1: Make sure the meat sauce pan is ready.
    2: Cook the spaghetti.
    3: Move the pot with the spaghetti aside then cook the meat sauce.
    4: When the meat sauce is partially heated you can drain the spaghetti. You can probably finish heating up your sauce before draining it. Just make sure you drain it while the water is hot. The spaghetti can be put back inside the empty pot to help keep it warm but this probably won't be necessary.
    5: Once the sauce finished the spaghetti should still be warm and it will get warmer after the sauce that just finished heating up is put on top.

You could also heat up the sauce, cook the spaghetti, then heat the sauce up again if it is cool or not warm enough.

Back