• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] ADVENT Crossroads (IC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

A D V E N T Crossroads

pokémon journey rp based on
    Crossroads; A Johto Story
    set in the TRAINERSuniverse
    rated T

< OOC thread here >
    << Spots are open! >>​

chapters so far
    - Prologue: Cianwood Home
    - Chapter 1: Olivine City
    - Chapter 2: Route 39 + 38

trainer info

1 Kerry Burglow - played by aeternum
    390.png
    207.png
    769.png
    170.png

Spoiler:

2 Kira Raynes - played by Stinging Bea
    653.png

Spoiler:

3 Nathaniel Bartholomew - played by Pudding
    258.png
    190.png

Spoiler:

4 Frid Esborn - played by Astromancer
    152.png
    165.png
    120.png

Spoiler:

5 Ivy Mourningroar - played by Janp
    158.png
    177.png
    170.png

Spoiler:

6 Eri Nakajima - played by Dragon
    656.png
    207.png
    098.png
    769.png

Spoiler:

7 Lyra Honda - played by Evily
    393.png
    161.png

Spoiler:

retired trainers
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Prologue: Cianwood Home I
    Starting date May 6th, Monday

Spoiler:

Cianwood Town is the third smallest settlement that officially counts as a city in Johto. It's got everything you need, but perhaps not everything you want. The town centre offers one single mall which, granted, offers both cinema and most popular brand stores youth might seek out in 2019. It still isn't the dream home for kids longing for a metropolitan pulse. Not even the long beach lining the town's eastern edge is perfect. It's mostly rocky and has too big waves to be very nice to casually lounge in (great for surfing though!) unless you're a local and know the small special spots.

Earlier today, you visited famous pokémon trainer Rashirrin's villa on the outskirts of the city. She gave you a brand new pokégear, a credit card you're apparently free to use within reason on pokémon training supplies, your provisional trainer's license card signed with her sponsorship, and a pokémon to call your own. It is now evening, and you are preparing for your journey which will start in the morning. Rashirrin has ensured that a small ferry will take you and her other protegés to mainlaind Johto - Olivine City to be precise - where your true journey will begin.

What do you do on your last evening in Cianwood? This prologue chapter is just for getting you warm and setting the mood. End it with you going to sleep! Or, if that's more likely, failing to get any sleep at all ;)

WHAT TO FIND HERE
    - Not much your character hasn't already seen. We will move on as soon as we can, so don't start JPs or big storylines here now :)

- Note that if your character would have another way of traveling to Olivine in the morning, they are free to prepare for that instead of for Rashirrin's boat trip!

POKÉMON TRAINER RASHIRRIN
    A strong, independent woman in her mid 20s, Rashirrin is basically a fashion icon at this point, always coming up with new flagrant "styles" (or madness, as actual fashion pros often say) to catch attention with. Some things that always stay the same though, are her chocolate skin, her hazel eyes that seem to shimmer in gold, and her long, long, loooong black hair that usually makes her quite recognizable through their pigtails getup.

As a trainer, you've perhaps seen her on the TV screen sometimes when she participated in tournaments around the region and abroad. She enjoys deploying elemental powers and winning through displays of force and speed, but once in a while she's shown her cunning by surprising her opponent with tricks and strategy they wouldn't expect from a usually quite brute fighter. Her main pokémon partner in battle is a fierce Rapidash.

As a person, Rashirrin is chatty, sarcastic and somewhat easily bored. Her pet companion who seems to share her own personality, is a Larvitar. You, however, you don't bore her. You're her newest project! She will be keeping her eyes on you, for sure.

Spr_2s_078.png
    Spr_2c_246_s.png

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • iuWHPKf_d.webp

Nathaniel Bartholomew
    ◇ Cianwood
    ◇ Evening
    Spoiler:

With arms outstretched and kneeling before the aipom sitting on the bed, Nathaniel's pijamas clung to his soft skin as he bellowed out the announcement. "Meet Tostito!"

Standing in Nathaniel's doorway is their new addition to the team; Mudkip.

"Tostito don't be rude!" the young trainer whispers in a -somehow- demanding voice. "Say hello!"

"Ai!" the monkey greets, bouncing off the bed with his long appendage and next to Nathaniel. They sported an emerald bowtie with a silver bell tied near the end of his tail as a way of determining where he may be. "Ai ai ai!"

With outstretched hands shaking for dramatic effect, Nathaniel gives the water-type a few minutes to recollect themselves, dry aaaaaah? to fill the void between. But alas the swamp creature did nothing. On the contrary it simply sat with hands tucked between its legs and fin bent over in a timid stance.

"AAAA YOU'RE TOO CUTE! TOSTITO!" Nathaniel then calls out to his longtime friend, slapping the bed as he got up. "Come on you slakoth, give our little friend here some space- you're in his bubbleeee," he begins to explain, forming an imaginary sphere around the mudkip like a mime. Then he quiets his voice before mumbling to the timid poké. "I got'chu, don't worry."

With a snicker the monkey hops around the room before somersaulting off the nightstand and on to Nathaniel's shoulders.

Chapter 0: Prologue​

Like an infant Nathaniel had swaddled the mudkip in a thick blanket and held it in a way, before his chest, so that the pokémon could face what Nathaniel showed it.

They were in the kitchen.

"THIS is our kitchen. It smells like my future, clean and full of promise."

They head to the living room.

"THIS is where we binge watch miss Maria gasp and demand to see her ugly son's 'supposed' gun that killed miss… you-know-what-I-mean."

Next they're in the restroom.

"This is where I fart in secret and then tell everyone by yelling about it."

As Nathaniel showcased his home sweet home, Aipom took it upon himself to steal an apple, of which Nathaniel slapped it off his hand. A stern "NO" followed, which broke from his motherly voice for a few moments before immediately shifting back to the Mudkip.

Upon returning to their room, Nathaniel lays on his bed and turns the swaddled mudkip until they faced each other, ceiling in the backdrop.

"Hmmmm…. Iiiiii don't know what to name you." He rolls and glances over to Aipom, who was playing in his hamsterball. "What do you think?"

"Ai?"

"Yes. You! What do you think?"

The monkey pondered long and hard, now twirling and dancing in a ballet of sorts while doing so. "Eeee ignore that fool, she fell when she was a baby… eeeey, you're a baby!"

Unfortunately no name arose out of the next half-an-hour that was spent sliding on the mudkip a pastel orange, knitted sweater. There was skepticism as to whether it would fit; baby Shinx was its previous owner. But it fit.

Next Nathaniel proceeded to open his window, allowing Tostito to exit the room and exercise on the trees swaying in their backyard. And in doing so Nathaniel snapped his fingers, a name slapping in on the face.

"Elmo!"

Dumbfounded, Mudkip responded with a sneeze, gripping at Nathaniel's heartstrings.

Unable to keep this to himself, Nathaniel scooped the mudkip and slid out his room and into the hallway. "MAMA!" he hollered, fast walking to the outside. "MAMA LOOK! MIRA!"

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'll get around to some css in the next few posts

Chapter 0: Prologue

Kerry frowned as he raised and lowered the Chimchar's limbs. The Pokemon looked at him, wide-eyed and confused as the freshly annointed trainer inspected him.

"Ch-chim?"

The boy shook his head. "No, no. You're definitely not a prime specimen." He said as he dropped the Pokemon's leg against the bed. He wheeled over to the nearby desk and opened up a binder. Kerry flipped to a page marked with a tab and then licked his thumb. "It'll be in here somewhere… let me just… there." He whispered, turning each page following the marker individually. "Just as I thought. Above average, but…"

"Chim?" The Pokemon questioned, sitting upright now that the boy was finished with his inspection.

"Sorry, your arms are just too thin. Your flame is weak, cranial diameter is half-an inch smaller than the average, and your right ear is slightly larger than your left, while your left arm is slightly longer than your right. Your proportions are completely off from a prime example. No person or Pokemon is created with perfect symmetry of course, but even your asymmetry is completely wack."

The Chimchar drooped its head and lifted its arms up, looking between each as he traced the lengths of them with his eyes. "Chim?" The Pokemon whispered as it looked over its shoulder at the fiery tail on its behind. "Char?"

Kerry sighed, putting the binder back down. The boy glanced over at the Chimchar and then leaned back in his chair, staring at the ceiling. "I can't exactly get rid of you right now... but..." He whispered to himself as he chewed on his nail. The boy nodded his head and returned his gaze to the Pokemon. "If you want to be the prime example of a Chimchar, you're going to have to train hard. Harder than any other Chimchar out there. Even then, you might not be able to overcome the weaknesses presented by your abnormal sizing."

"Chimchar!" The Pokemon cried out as it leapt to its feet and pounded on its chest. "Chim. Chim!"

Kerry raised an eyebrow and looked the fire-type over before turning his gaze to the Gligar hanging from the ceiling in the corner of the room. "What do you think, Gustavo?"

The Gligar lethargically opened its eyes and stuck out its tongue. "Gli." The Pokemon released its grip from the ceiling and glided down beneath Kerry's bed.

"Fair enough. He is a starter after all. I can't expect the best of the best right from the start. If it was that easy, there'd have been no reason to do all that research into breeding." He rubbed his chin and looked over at the Chimchar with squinted eyes. "Well. Guess you'll do for now then! Welcome to the team, Chrim!"

The Chimchar pounded its chest twice in acknowledgment. "Chim! Chim!"

"Now, it's best we all get some rest. Dad's not supposed to be back home for a while yet, so we'll have to take up Rashirrin on her offer of a ride to Olivine. Luckily mom has to work in the morning so she can't talk the woman's ear off about her fashion ideas again. I do wonder about her Pokemon though. She seems a capable combatant from what I've watched of her live footage. But just how good are her Pokemon actually?"

"Chim?" The Chimchar crawled off the bed and onto the floor. The Pokemon looked up at his new trainer and then back to the bed. "Chim!" Chrim placed one hand beneath the bed and began to lift it repeatedly. The Chimchar grunted a few times and then flexed its free arm as it stole glances up at its trainer between reps.

"Hey, look at that. Already in the right mindset." The boy laughed as he placed his arms across his chest and proceeded to squeeze his own biceps. "Keep that up until you can't feel your arm anymore and when we work out tomorrow you'll really start to feel the burn!"

"Go to sleep, Kerry!" Mariann burst through the sliding door, slamming it open and causing it to bounce off of the door stop and shake out of its rails. "It's two in the morning! Please! You'll have all day tomorrow to train, just please get some rest? I need to sleep too, but I can't with all your shouting!"

Kerry stood up from his chair immediately with his hands up in a defensive gesture. "My bad, I didn't realize it was so late. Alright. Bed time. Bed time…" the boy placed the binder on the desk and then took off his shoes before crawling into bed. He looked over at the Chimchar and winked at the Pokemon after his mom left. "Hey, keep on lifting. Don't mind me, but just try to be quiet about it so mom doesn't get upset again. Tomorrow will be your first day of a real routine, so be ready."

"Chim!"

"First thing before we leave is a trip to the local trainer mart." Kerry let out a long and deep yawn as he pulled the comforter up to his neck and wrapped his arm around the pillow. "We're gonna fill my bag with as many balls as they've got in stock and catch everything we see. Who knows when some of these Pokemon will end up being useful, even if they're not the best the world has to offer."

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Kira Raynes
    Cianwood City
    Prologue | Yearning

Badges: 0

Current Party:
    WE6vp91.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png

A sigh escaped Kira's lips as she leaned back in her chair. The muffled sound of heavy metal banged out against her walls, sending a thrashing beat that caused her bottle of water to vibrate on her desk with every crash of the drum. Between her fingers, a half-smoked cigarette sent out a faint cloud of smoke that seemingly swirled around her head before slipping out of the cracked open window to her left. Despite the loudness of the bass from her music, the blonde-haired teenager could hear the gentle crashing of the waves against the coast of Cianwood City. All the while the faint sound of a chorus of Krickitune mixed in with said waves in an attempt to create a lullaby of sorts. Yes, all in all it was a very peaceful evening in the small, costal city... and Kira hated every moment of it.

To her, Cianwood was a prison of sorts. She had been in the city for so long, longer than she cared to remember. Day in and day out it was the same thing. She would either go to school and sleep through or skip most of the classes, followed by loitering about the city until night time, where in she would choke down whatever meal her aunt prepared before retiring to her room for the evening so she could just do it all again. It had become so routine at this point, that Kira found herself starting to hate her life with every fiber of her being. Thankfully, all of that was about to change. Starting tomorrow, the young trainer would find herself boarding a boat and heading out of this hole-in-the-wall island for bigger and brighter shores, namely Olivine. And she owed it all to her new... companion? Associate? Truth be told, Kira wasn't exactly sure what to call it.

Taking a drag from her cigarette, Kira's eyes glanced down to a lone poké ball sitting on the edge of her desk. Inside, was a Pokémon... her Pokémon to be exact. Just the very thought was something that filled her with a range of emotions, but Kira really wasn't sure just what to make of any of them. She had never expected in her wildest dreams that she would one day be embarking on a Pokémon journey. Hell, she wasn't even sure that she wanted to be a Pokémon trainer. That said however, the creature that was resting inside of the ball on her desk was the main reason she was even finally escaping this monotony that had become her daily life to begin with. The teenager figured that in some regard, she owed the Pokémon a great deal of thanks.

"I guess... I should at least let her out..." Kira muttered as she took the poké ball into her hand, fingertips gracing the smooth surface of the capsule-like device.

Suddenly, the sound of her bedroom door swinging open caused the teenager to practically jump out of her skin. In a flash, she quickly snuffed the lit cigarette out by dropping it into her bottle of water, before dropping it into the nearby trashcan sitting on the floor. The blonde teenager spun around in her chair, sighing in relief before glaring in annoyance at the intruder of her room. It was Ashley Wintenthorp, her six year old cousin. Eyes bright with curiosity, the small child essentially bounced her way into the room before hopping onto Kira's bed as if it was her own bedroom.

"You little Grimer droppin', I told ya to knock before walkin' in here!" Kira snarled.

The child seemed unfazed. "I wanna see your Pokémon, Kira! Mom said that you're goin' on an adventure tomorrow! I wanna meet it before you go!"

"Get bent..." Kira sighed, spinning back around in her chair. "I ain't in the mood to show you shit."

A moment of silence between the teenager and her cousin. With her back turned, Kira wasn't able to see the momentary look of her hurt that graced the small child's features. However, they were gone just as quickly as they came. Instead, a smile came to Ashley's lips.

"Kira, it smells funny in here! Should I go tell mommy that she needs make your room smell pretty again?" the child inquired.

Eyes widened. "Alright, alright you little Amoonguss! Just shut up!"

Taking the poké ball firmly into her hand, Kira pressed the button in the middle which caused the ball to grow in size. Ashley watched in anticipation as her older cousin tossed the ball out onto the bed. The poké ball snapped open, shooting out a beam of light which in turn took the shape of a fox-like creature. Its fur was a bright and vibrant yellow, with the tip of its tail and fur tufts on its ears being red in color. The fox Pokémon looked around curiously, before spotting both of the girls. Ashley's eyes began to shine with excitement as she watched the creature's cheeks quickly turn rosy before burying her face into pillows at the top of Kira's bed.

"She's so cute!" Ashley exclaimed. "What kind of Pokémon is she? Why did you pick her? What's her name?!"

Kira rolled her eyes. "Calm down, squirt. You're freakin' the thing out." She slowly reached out, taking the Pokémon into her hands. The fox creature's fur stood on end as she began to fidget and flail in her arms. "Calm down, fur-bait! I ain't tryin' to hurt ya!"

The Pokémon froze on command, but continued to tremble in the teenager's hands. Kira could feel Ashley's eyes on her. She knew she wasn't going to get a moment's peace until she told the six-year old what she wanted to know. "She's a Fennekin. Her name is..." She paused, eyeing the Fennekin carefully. She really hadn't put much thought into the Pokémon's name, but Kira figured she could fudge up that little detail. "Vera, her name's Vera. And I picked her because... she's cute."

"Cute?!" Ashley questioned, surprised to hear such a word escape her cousin's lips.

"Would you just get out of here?!" Kira snapped.

Ashley giggled and quickly took off running out of the room. Kira hopped up behind her younger cousin, making sure to slam the door shut before locking it behind her. A loud sigh of annoyance echoed out into the room as she carried the newly dubbed Fennekin, "Vera" to the bed. Kira wasted no time in hopping up onto the mattress, letting the finicky Fennekin squirm out of her arms and sit at the bottom of the bed looking out up at her.

"I always thought Pokémon were supposed to made of tougher stuff than this... I swear to Arceus, this thing looks like she's about to have a heart attack," Kira thought. The blonde realized things were going to be pretty difficult if the Fennekin was constantly scared of her. Slowly, her hand reached out towards the fox. Vera recoiled, but Kira remained calm and steadfast. She held her hand out, allowing Vera to sniff it carefully, before slowly nudging her palm with the tip of her nose. Taking that as a sign to continue, Kira gently began to pet the Fennekin behind her ears, earning a pleasure-filled whine. "Heh... you are kind of cute..."

SC6xEPp.png
    TM Case:
    Spoiler:
    3EsdQ19.png
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Ivy Mourningroar
    Chapter 0
    Cianwood City

"Are you sure you have everything?" ask Ms. Carey as she was nervously running all around the main hall of the orphanage. She has seen many kids leave her protection, but Ivy could still see the sadness in her eyes. Especially now that Bobby is not the only one leaving. The news of Ivy's leave were sudden, so she had almost no time to prepare herself for it.

There were a black backpack and yellow bag lying on a wooden kitchen desk that divided the hall into two parts. Ivy was sitting by the desk and was preparing her yellow bag. Mr. Nipper was casually walking from one end of the desk to another, sometimes picking up a piece of cloth from bags and pulling it out, annoying Ivy. Ms. Carey was just putting freshly baked strawberry cakes next to the open window in the "kitchen" part of the room. Fletcher was preparing dinner only few inches from her. He was pretty solid cook. His stew could rival even Ms. Carey's own cooking. One of Ms. Carey's Mareep was leaning towards oven, enjoying its heat.

Rosie and Sarah were playing with Ivy's Totodile and Ms. Carey's Espurr in the "living" part of the room. There was a huge purple carpet on the floor. They were sitting on it, watching Totodile happily jumping between them. Espurr was sitting on Rosie's lap, enjoying head pats from the young girl. The other Mareep was lying on the carpet with Madeleine using it as a fluffy pillow. Bobby was sitting on the couch and was looking over them. He was watching TV. Jilly, his Cacnea named after Ms. Carey, was with him. She didn't join other Pokémon. She was a much older than both Espurr and Totodile and assumed similar role of protector as her trainer.

Only Kyle wasn't in the room with them. He and Ivy weren't really on a talking terms with each other. Kyle was angry at Ivy because she found out he stole pocket money from Rosie. He was supposed to be in boy's room, but Ivy heard how a window from that room opened few minutes earlier and someone jumping on a tree next to it. If only he waited those few minutes, he could at least had a strawberry cake for dinner, since he'll be skipping Fletcher's stew. Kyle had no idea she knew, but he had a habit of leaving orphanage in the night and going to the Cianwood beach, playing with Tentacool and Tentacruel there. She never told anyone, since he always returned.

"Jill, calm down," Bobby tried to calm Ms. Carey down. He was the only one among children, who called Ms. Carey by her name. Fletcher simply called her Ms. Carey. Ivy called her mom sometimes, something that Rosie and the twins picked up on. "Everything will be alright."

"I know, I know," replied Ms. Carey. "But I still have to make sure that you'll be prepared for everything. I'm pretty sure Ivy can handle that crazy Rashirrin, but I'm more worried about you."

"What? Me?" Bobby pretended to be shocked. "Even now me and Jilly could easily beat Ivy and her new Pokémon!"

He jumped up, followed by Jilly.

Is he really thinking about fighting now? thought Ivy. Her Totodile didn't pay attention to any of it. He was just upside down, while Sarah was tickling his feet. He seemed to enjoy it.

"Remind me again, how are you going to get to the main land?" asked Ms. Carey. Bulleye! Bobby still didn't think of way to get to Olivine City.

Before Bobby could react, Ivy noticed a insignificant noise from the outside. A wings flapping. She quickly got up, almost sweeping Mr. Nipper down the desk, picked up baking pan with cakes and put them away from the window. Natu was standing on the same place as cakes only moments later. Fletcher got startled by him and dropped cutlery, that he was preparing. That woke up Madeleine, who started crying immediately. Not to be too behind her sister, Sarah also started crying.

After all the commotion was dealt with and after the dinner, Ivy was lying in her bed. She had her own room now that she was the only girl in the orphanage. Rosie still slept with Ms. Carey, but sometimes sneaked to Ivy's bed. Now, there was a Totodile instead of Rosie. The wrecker Natu was sleeping on Ivy's chair, right next to her light blue summer dress. Natu was her friend since early years. Ivy wasn't sure how, but somehow it was decided that he will be coming with her.

She couldn't sleep again, so she got up quietly. Her plan for those situations was to get out and walk around the garden with playground that was part of the orphanage. When she left the building, she found Bobby and Jilly training on the playground. Jilly was attacking Bobby with her Needle Arms. Bobby didn't even flinch. He took each attack and didn't move an inch back.

"Hi sis," he said when he noticed her. The kids addressed each other as brothers and sisters. "Rashirrin must be as crazy as Jill says, if she wants you to start your journey at this hour."

Ivy knew he was joking.

"I'm here for that promised battle," she replied.

"Yep, Rashirrin must be crazy, if she picked you to beat all the Gyms. How do you want to battle without a Pokémon," Bobby said. "But," he continued. "Since it's you, next time we see each other, we will fight."

"Deal!" accepted Ivy his challenge. "I'll be camping in front of your bed and when you wake up, I'll let Totodile spring you up with Water Gun."

"That's..." Bobby stopped for a moment. "That's something I would expect from you."

Ivy wasn't sure if she should tell Bobby that since he doesn't have a license, they can't really fight. She can't shatter his dream like this. She was preparing to say it, when he suddenly hugged her.

"I'm going to miss you."

She returned the hug.

"Yeah, me too."

After that, they spent most of the night chatting about their life in the orphanage, remembering old kids that are long gone and trying to predict how will other kids turn out to be in future.

When Ivy returned to her bed, it was way past midnight. She put in her earplugs, since Totodile was noisy sleeper. She was able to fall asleep for few hours.

Yellow bag
    Spoiler:

Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    67003_16085788961799134627.png
    Frid
    Cianwood 1
    Monday, May 6th
    Evening, Day 0

Chikorita
    152.png
    Lv 5 | Ledyba
    165.png
    Lv 5
    Frid's Profile | Current Chapter | css base by Aquacorde
    It was late, but Frid couldn't possibly sleep. His mind was preoccupied with dreams of adventures ahead, and his eyes were unseeing as he walked the streets of Cianwood, forgetting where he was headed. Thankfully, his Ledyba kept his head cool.

He beeped loudly when Frid was about to walk mindlessly in front of a slow running bicycle, and decided that a Tackle was the only way this would end well. So he Tackled the biker.

Suddenly realizing that commotion had occurred near him, Frid finally snapped out of his thoughts and realized that he was standing in the middle of a small street, and that another teenager was lying under their bicycle a meter away. The guy angrily pulled his helmet off (thankfully, he had been wearing one) and pushed the bicycle off of him before he got up.

"What was that for!" he exclaimed, accusingly.

Frid blinked. "Did you fall over? Are you okay?" he said with his light, melodious voice.

The boy blinked back. "Are you kidding me? Your Ledyba just made me fall over! I guess I'm lucky it was weak."

Frid saw the bug blush next to him, and zoom behind the boy's back to hide in shame.

"Oh, don't say that! He's just new to this trainer thing. We both are!"

"You're a trainer, huh?" the other boy said, looking Frid over. "Then you owe me a battle for this."

"Oh, I, uh... I haven't really practiced yet," Frid said with a nervous laughter. "Was gonna start tomorrow, you see?"

"Should have thought of that before you go making your pokémon knock other people over. Go, Psyduck!"

A yellow duck came out of the new pokéball, and Frid's eyes widened and he took on a smile. "You're going to journey tomorrow too, aren't you?" he said. "What's your name? I don't think I've seen you around! Or maybe..."

The other boy looked flustered at that. "I'm... I'm a trainer too. But right now, I'm battling you!"

"Shouldn't we wait until tomorrow? I'm pretty tired, and you just fell of a bike."

"I didn't fall off! Your pokémon pushed me!"

"How about this, let's meet up after Olivine and have a battle then? Then we'll both have trained a bit! What's your name? I'm Frid!"

The other boy looked reluctant, and irritated. He put his hands on his hips and looked away, and Frid was sure that he was thinking hard. The Psyduck, meanwhile, seemed friendly and tip-toed up to Frid with a small quack. Frid, delighted, forcefully pulled Ledyba out of the air and down to greet the duck. It didn't look like it meant them any harm. Ledyba was of a different mindset though, and flailed violently when he was brought within a decimeter from the pokémon he didn't know. In the end, Frid had to let him zoom off into the sky instead. Psyduck looked sad.

"Aw, it's okay. I'm sure you'll be friends eventually!" Frid said and dared to carefully reach a hand out and pet the duck on the head. It looked happier again at that and quacked anew. "Awhh it's so cute! Maybe you shouldn't use this in battle. Just hug it all day, honestly."

The other boy sighed, having watched the interaction. Now, he actually smiled a little.

"No, it'll be a pretty good battler, I'm sure."

"Rashirrin wouldn't want you to just use it for hugs, I guess!"

The other boy gave the blonde a quizzical look. "I got Psyduck from somewhere else," he said. "And I won't travel to Olivine with you lot. I've got another journey to start soon. It's... Complicated."

"Oh," Frid said and stood back up with a sympathetic gaze. "I hope it will go well for you. And, um, sorry for the bike. Tackle. Thing. I'll train Ledyba to not do that to anyone else!"

"Hmph. Yeah. You better," the other boy said. "Anyways... I need to get going."

"Okay! Maybe see you when we're both older and stronger!" Frid cheered.

"Maybe."

"But wait, what was your name, then? I'm Frid!"

"Yes, you said," the boy said with a shake of his head. "I'm Jayn."

He returned Psyduck and was off on his bike. Frid sighed. Well, at least the other guy wasn't angry anymore. Yay!

"Now, where did Ledyba fly off to?"

Thankfully, Frid didn't have to spend the rest of the night looking for his bug. It was nearby and came when he called out for it.

"We really should go home and sleep now, shouldn't we? Oh, wait, there's something we should have done! How could I have forgotten..."

They were at the beach now. Gentle nightly waves rolled in from the west. Frid let his rare starter out. The green Chikorita rustled its leaf once it was materialized, and then blinked up at him curiously.

"Hi again!" he said. "We met before, but now you're finally properly mine! I'm Frid! Maybe you heard that earlier."

Chikorita nodded. She had indeed caught that earlier.

"I would ask you your name, but I'm not sure pokémon have them? Not without us humans giving them to you?"

Chikorita leaned its head to the side. Maybe she did have a name. But it wasn't one the human could possibly pronounce in his language. And it wasn't one that held much meaning outside of other Chikoritas or Bayleefs using it to differentiate between themselves anyways.

"Maybe we can give you one some day! For now, it's okay if I just call you Chikorita? And you can call me Frid!"

Indeed. It was pretty clear by now that this human wanted to be referred to as Frid.

"Chikorita. I'm going to show you around Cianwood. It's late, so it's dark, but trust me, it's a really pretty place! Sorry for kind of forgetting to do this when the sun was still up. But, you know, one day we'll return here, and it will be just as pretty as today. I'll show you the town in daylight then!"

The tour took another hour of the night, and Frid and Ledyba showed Chikorita all their favorite spots in the town, and also their least favorite spots. They took a few detours because Frid got lost in thought and went the wrong way sometimes.

When they finally were back at Frid's home, Frid even forgot to put his pokémon back into their pokéballs, as Heidi noticed when she went to turn off the light in the hallway. In the bed, the boy was bundled up with the bug and the banana snuggled up next to him on top of the blankets. The mother shook her head. Fifteen years old, but such a whimsical mess. She prayed that Rashirrin was right, and that he was really ready to travel and grow on his own.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Chapter 1: Olivine City
    Starting date May 7th, Tuesday

Spoiler:

Olivine City is a resort paradise with the whole southern edge of the city consisting of one huge stretch of lovely beach, densely populated with tourists and residents enjoying the early summer by the coast. The city centre has more to offer than sleepy Cianwood, but is still quite relaxed in atmosphere; it might seem like Olivine has evolved to be a chill counterpart to the stressy mood of the Goldenrod metropolis.

You're lucky today - the weather is sunny and warm! Perfect for a day at the beach.

To the east and west you won't find much traversable nature, but the lush farmland of Route 39 leads north once you feel ready to continue onwards. Closest to the city sits a large famous berry farm.

It is likely that you are ready to leave Olivine before the day is over.

WHAT TO FIND HERE
    - A pokémon center. People with a trainers license (even a sponsored provisional one, like yours) stay over for free in either a shared or own room in one of the upper floors. On the bottom floor is the main counter where nurses tend to sick pokémon or help trainers with administrative issues, as well as a cafeteria serving breakfast and light food all day. On the other side of the lobby is a kiosk selling light food for pokémon and trainers alike to bring on their journeys, as well as the most basic items a trainer might need - pokéballs and potions.

- Stores for more specific pokémon/journey items if your character is one who would pay attention and think of it. Antidotes, paralyze heals and tools for camping etc.

- Tourist hotels, with tourists. Although most of them likely hang out in restaurants by the beach promenade, or on the beach itself. Some of them are likely trainers!

- A lighthouse which seems to not be operating right now...

- A gym. Perhaps you can get lucky and get to watch the leader perform a battle against another trainer! But if you try to register for a battle yourself, in the reception, the workers smile gently and deny you...?

- Some trainers in the berry farm to the north...

OLIVINE NORMAL TYPE GYM: JASMINE
    The gym is situated on the southeastern edge of the city, kind of close to the lighthouse. The gym building is unassuming but looks generally traditional and quaint for being a building in Olivine. Inside, there is first a small lobby and a front desk where some gym workers take turns being on duty. Further inside on the first floor is a plain arena with earthen floor, with seats all around it.

The receptionists deny you a battle if you try to register to schedule one. See, considering you're only just starting your journey today, you're way too inexperienced to be battling gyms already, Jasmine thinks. It's her policy. Maybe you should try the gym in Ecruteak Town first, instead? By then you'll likely have been in a few battles and maybe captured more team mates.

You're however free to go in and spectate others battling Jasmine today! She sports a wide assortment of Normal type pokémon, both pure typed and dual typed - feel free to be creative.

Jasmine is a woman in her 20s who is a calm and wise gym leader. Privately, she has a kindhearted personality and cannot bear to see Pokémon come to harm against their own choice. She generally has a caring and honest outlook on life, which ties in with her concern towards the environment and wishes to keep Olivine clean and relaxed. She is actually very shy and wary of others' opinion. According to trainers of her gym, she keeps that side of her somewhat hidden.

EVENTS

A GOOD DEED: Tuesday (7th May) / OPTIONAL
    If you visit the Lighthouse, or overhear somebody talking about it being inoperational since yesterday (Monday), you might meet Rashirrin there. She's caring for the sick Ampharos who usually lights up the way for the boats. She's experienced enough to know what can cure it better than spending some days at the pokémon center though - special antiinflammatory Opal Kelp that grows in shallow water near the beach! She'll need several pieces of the kelp for it to be effective, and Ampharos won't magically be cured instantly by only one, so she'll likely ask several trainers to help fetching some ASAP, and will let you know later on when Ampharos gets better.

- Reward? Rashirrin will tell Jasmine about your aid in saving Ampharos, which might influence Jasmine's future review of you positively!

- Complications? There are plenty of tourists who will be annoyed if you dive around where they are relaxing - maybe they'll demand a battle! Alternatively, there are wild pokémon who you disturb by fetching the Opal Kelp, and which you have to battle.

- Alternative? You don't visit the Lighthouse, and the outcome is neutral. Or, you decline helping Rashirrin. The latter will negatively impact Jasmine's review of you.

POKÉMON FOR CAPTURE AT THE BEACH
    Hover for movesets. All are Lv 4 or 5.

Pokémon below are only available once at least one of your STARTERS has reached Lv 7. Hover for movesets. All are Lv 5 or 6.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It is early. It was even earlier when you left Cianwood's dock, and as you finally get off the boat in Olivine's harbor, some of you have maybe barely finished waking up properly. You might have gotten a good look at some of your fellow Rashirrin-sponsored Cianwood trainers, but it's also perfectly possible that you either were too shy to say hi, or had too much to think about to start socializing already, or that you were simply too tired to chat for now.

For today, maybe in the spirit of starting a splendid new adventure, Rashirrin is wearing an outfit that might remind one of a "boy scout"... vaguely. Khaki shirt with a slightly inappropriate cleavage showing, and a loose pink tie hanging in front of that scenery. Her hair is in pigtails with glittery purple bows but she's still fit a green cap on top of her head as well. On her lower body, however, she's wearing very short khaki shorts with a sort of scarf-looking pink belt holding them up with a knot in the front, and the look is topped off (or bottomed off?) by thigh length boots that seem to consist of... purple glitter. Eye-catching, to say the least.

"Welcome to Olivine City, my Cianwood challengers," she says with her strangely dark voice and a charming wink as you all one by one leave the small ferry at last. "Give me a call if there's ever anything extra you need, and... Well, I'll be around. Can't let you run around the region spending my money and spreading my name completely unsupervised now, can I?"

Another sly wink. You've probably not completely figured her out yet - she seems nonchalant and apathetic at times, but then suddenly eager and fiery at other times. Like on TV, for example. Are you really comfortable with her following you around? Will she be watching you, or just generally traveling the same route as you do?

The group of Cianwood trainers quickly disperse, wandering off into Olivine City to find their own best way to wake up into this new, shiny Tuesday morning. Perhaps they'll find one another again later, or perhaps they'll decide to run solo. A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits. Let's go!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Chapter 1: Olivine
    Part 1: The Lighthouse

Kerry smiled as he and Chrim climbed the stairs to the top of the lighthouse. "Not much more now!" He called out to his Pokemon which had fallen slightly behind during the climb.

Of course, if he hadn't treated the climb as a workout routine and just climbed it normally there wouldn't have been any issue. However, not wanting to leave any time as wasted potential, he switched up his exercises with each new floor. On the base level, he traversed the floor utilizing a mix of high and long jumps. On the next floor, he hopped about using only his right leg; the next level was the same but opposite. And finally, heading up to the observation room - which was also the shortest distance - he opted to walk and climb using only his arms.

"Ch- Chim!" The Pokemon cried out after finishing out the series of back-bends it had used to move up the stairway. The Pokemon was exhausted, clearly indicated by the bags under its eyes. It had likely followed Kerry's orders and trained the entire night before, and now it was in the midst of a rigorous routine following that sleepless night.

Kerry nodded his head. "You're doing great Chrim. Gotta keep working like that if you want to be the best. No pain no gain buddy! Push through and achieve that feeling of euphoria! Ahhhh!" The excitable teen screamed at the top of his lungs and began to rub at his legs. "Let me hear your battle cry! Show. Me. How. You. Push. Through!"

"Chim…" The Pokemon looked up at the sweaty mess that was Kerry. The boy had long since removed his shirt and had tied it off to his backpack. Chrim looked at his trainer's legs, seeing now that he was shaking from the exercise thus far. But… "Chiiiiiiiiiiiimchaaaaaaaar!" The little Pokemon cried out, beating its chest and wincing each time that it moved its arms. "Chim! Chim! Chim! Char!"

Kerry nodded his head and smiled wide. "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! This pain isn't real! We haven't even started yet! One more level and we'll be at the top! Push it out. I want to see everything that you've got little man! I wanna hear you cry, I wanna hear you scream! Ahhhhh!" The boy began a knee raise exercise, but sped it up as he cried out. He moved slowly towards the final set of stairs, driving his feet into the floor as hard and fast as he could before slamming them back into his chest and moving on. He took each step one at a time, slamming each foot down beside the other before moving onto the next stair.

Chrim's eyes widened as he watched his trainer continued to push himself despite being clearly fatigued. Maybe it was because he was so tired himself, but for some reason, despite how the Pokemon felt right now - Kerry just seemed so inspirational at that moment. "Chiiiiim!" He cried out before following in the trainer's steps.

After a few minutes of screaming and stampeding, the duo flopped down onto the ground at the top of the lighthouse. Kerry, gasping for breath, looked over at Chrim and held out his fist towards the little fire-type. "Goo-good job." He smiled and chuckled slightly.

The Chimchar breathed rapidly, staring at the ceiling until Kerry grabbed his attention. "Chim." He responded, bumping his clenched fist against his trainer's. "Chim-char."

Kerry laughed loudly before choking. "Oh, gotta breathe. But yeah, you're right. I'm pretty tired myself. What do you say we take a short break and do some stretches while we look out at the sea? I heard the Ampharos up here got sick earlier on, so I figure after we sightsee I can see if I've got anything in my notes about Pokemon specific ailments. Gotta build up my image, y'know. Never hurts to help a Pokemon in need."

"Oh, well if that's how you feel~" A familiar dark but pleasant voice came from just a short distance behind him, causing Kerry to tilt his head up towards the woman now towering over him. "Thing is, I already know roughly what's wrong. I just can't leave to get the medicine as things are."

Kerry rolled over and sat up on his knees. "Well, if all you need is some medicine I'd be happy to go grab it. Takes a little bit of the weight off my shoulders by not having to figure out the problem myself, heh." He chuckles gently, tapping on Chimchar to get him to sit up similarly to him. The Pokemon looked between his trainer and Rashirrin before lethargically following suit.

Rashirrin smiled and nodded. "In that case, what I need is called Opal Kelp. It's found down in the shallows by the beach here. It would be awful nice if the two of you could help in collecting some."

Kerry shrugged his shoulders slightly. "Yeah, we were planning to head that way later anyways." He looked over at the exhausted Pokemon and then back up at the trainer ahead of him. "Guess it can't hurt to move up the schedule a little bit."

Chrim gave a defeated sigh as it glanced back at the stairs they'd just labored to climb. Now, they'd not only have to go back down sooner than anticipated, but also had a reason to come back up later. Kerry looked over at the Pokemon and winked. "Hey, don't worry. I'll carry you down. You stayed up all night so I'm sure you're pretty out of it right now. Can't have you passing out in the middle of a battle after all. Nobody can hurt you more than you can hurt yourself."

Chrim smiled and cried out happily. "Chim!"

"Well, if you don't have anything else, we'll be on our way. Here, Chrim." The boy rose to his feet and held out his hand towards the Pokemon. "You might not have to deal with the physical part going back down, but that doesn't mean you get to miss out on tactical talks. We're going to the beach, which means it's our first real chance to fill out the rest of the team. First, since we slept in this morning, we stop at the mart in town to see what they've got. And then-" the boy trailed off as he placed the Pokemon on his shoulders and skipped down the stairs two and three at a time.

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Lyra Honda

piplup.gif
    sentret.gif

Prologue: Cianwood Home
    May 6th, Monday - Evening

The Night Before...

"Mo?" A golden furred sentret cooed as she ran over to a pink haired teen, who was sitting in front of a mirror, brushing her hair. The girl, Lyra Honda, was getting ready for bed and was already dressed in a nightgown and short shorts.

"Momo?" Lyra's voice was soft and gentle, as she looked down at her partner. The golden furred sentret, Momo, stood at her side as she watched Lyra brush her hair. "Ready for bed?"

"Mo!" Momo nodded, jumping to sit on her tail before jumping down on her small paws, earning a chuckle from Lyra.

"Pip?" The two turned to the sound, seeing a Piplup sitting on the bed, as if waiting. He lifted a flipper before patting the bed, "Pip!"

"Time to sleep, huh?" Lyra chuckled, placing the brush beside the mirror, "We're coming." She stood up, picking Momo on the way, and walked over to the bed. As she pulled back the covers, the Piplup walked towards the female who was laying down inside the blankets. Momo jumped out of her arms, deciding to rest on top of the blanket with her tail around her.

"Napoleon's your name, do you like it?" Lyra queried as she saw Piplup approach. "Although the name's too long to say a lot, so would Noa be a good nickname?"

"Pip!" Piplup raised a flipper, nodding his head, before moving to place his flipper over his chest while closing his eyes. "Pip."

Once more, Lyra chuckled, "I see. You live your name and nickname… that's good." She lifted an arm, moving over to turn off the lap sitting on the table beside her bed as Noa the Piplup moved under the covers to sleep beside his new trainer.

In mere seconds, the room was taken by darkness, and the occupants went to sleep, prepared for the upcoming journey.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

At Home/PC: -

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Chapter 1: Olivine
    Part 2: Sand Fight!

"That's our target, Chrim."

Kerry and Chimchar sat behind one of the sand dunes on the beach, staring out at the shallows. Small, moving mounds of sand stood between them and their destination. Thankfully, this part of the beach was clear of guests for the most part, save for the random jogger every now and then who managed to dodge the barely moving piles.

"Their movements are subtle, but if you watch closely enough, you can see them. They pulsate with each breath that they take. Up, down. Up, down. They're so interesting to watch, but now really isn't the time for that. We'll have to capture at least one for the time being, which means…" he glanced over at the flaming monkey, gauging its reaction to the inevitable. "Maybe I'll give you a break for now and show you what's to be expected out of a battle."

"Chim?" The Pokemon gazed up at his trainer, having been lost in its concentration as it tried to find which piles of sand were moving and which were just being shifted by the ocean's waves.

"Yeah, it's not a big deal. We've got a lot of battling to get through here before we can move on anyways, so it's not like there won't be more opportunities. Besides, there's a reason trainers carry more than one Pokemon at a time." He smiled and gave the small Pokemon a thumb's up. "Just sit back and watch. Gustavo's got some experience on him already from the time we've spent together, but this'll be his official debut. Come on out, bud."

The trainer unclipped the ball from his belt and released the Gligar beside him, giving the small scorpion time to gain its bearings. "Gliii?" The Pokemon whispered, looking out over the horizon.

Kerry nodded his head. "They're there," he pointed at the nearest mound of shifting sand. "We need to peel them off one by one, otherwise we'll get overwhelmed. Only the ones that are most active though - we should be able to step around the slower or sleeping ones with little effort. No use fighting them all here now. From my count…"

"Gli."

"Yup, three seems right. You'll be taking the first two, and then Chrim will clean up, yeah?" he looked over at the small fire-type and tilted his head. "Keep watch on our battle and learn what you can."

"Chim!" The Pokemon saluted its trainer dutifully before laying across the dune, propping itself up on its elbows and making little hand goggles to peer through.

Kerry nodded and then nudged the Gligar beside him. "Showtime."

"Gligar." The Pokemon whispered, leaping from the compacted mound. He looked down at the ground from the air for a few seconds before swooping in quickly with a jab of its tail. "Gli!" It cried out, stabbing the sand with a Poison Sting.

"Atta boy Gustavo!"

The sand began to shift quickly as the mound rose slightly out of the ground, revealing a set of eyes and also what appeared to be a mouth. What seemed to be a toddler's shovel shifted around the Pokemon's body until it became firmly planted in the head of the Sandygast.

"Oooo?" The disturbed Pokemon called, looking around for its attacker.

Kerry stepped out from behind the dune, revealing himself to the Pokemon in hopes of provoking a retaliation. "Ay, come and get some!"

"Ooooo!" The Pokemon cried out angrily, lethargically moving its body across the top of the beach as it closed the distance between them.

Kerry watched the Pokemon move, opening his bag and retrieving one of the binders from it. He eyed the Pokemon closely, not letting it come too close before taking another step backwards. "Thankfully, Sandygast are some of the slowest Pokemon out there. I'd done some studying on the Pokemon around here while we were on the boat, but a refresher could be helpful. It might not be my money, but I'd hate to waste the excitement of a pending capture on something nonoptimal."

The boy quickly turned the page to the one labeled 'S' and then skimmed his finger down across, flipping the pages until he found the Pokemon he was looking for. He glanced quickly between the Pokemon and its page entry, making a mental checklist on the visual aesthetics of the 'Mon. After a few minutes of backpedaling and reading, the boy sighed and waved his hand in the air before putting the book back in his bag.

"Gliiii!" Gustavo cried out as it dive bombed the Pokemon. Again, it employed the familiar hit and run tactic of Poison Sting followed by a quick aerial retreat out of the sand pile's range.

"That one's no good. You can take it out!" Kerry waved, signaling back down at the Sandygast which finally began to recognize its situation.

"Ooo?" The pile gazed up at the sun, wincing against the brightness of the day as it searched the sky for its attacker. "Ooo!" It ducked down, disappearing into the sand as the Gligar took another strike at it. Though the strike missed the main target, the Gligar managed to jab some of the surrounding sand which the Pokemon was bringing up into its body as it attempted to harden itself. The sand had been soft enough that it absorbed some of the poison from Gustavo's stinger, causing the Sandygast to immediately look ill following the exchange.

Kerry smiled, motioning once more for another attack. "Don't let up! It got poisoned with that last hit, should only take one or two more now!"

Gustavo nodded, waiting patiently in the sky for the Pokemon to finish hardening. The strikes themselves weren't doing much to the sand pile, but if he was going to stay healthy for another battle, he'd have to bide his time and wait for opportune strikes that forced the Pokemon to work the poison deeper into its body.

"Gligar!" Gustavo cried out, diving back down at the Sandygast with its stinger at the ready.

"Oooo!" The Sandygast was ready this time as it opened its mouth wide, a green aura forming within the opening.

The two Pokemon exchanged blows, with the Sandygast forcing its body open wider to accommodate the speeding scorpion. As Gustavo passed through the opening, he wrapped his body up on itself and struck at the back of the sand pile's head. However, he hadn't passed through unscathed.

"What a waste of time." Kerry shook his head, watching as the green aura encompassed the passing Gligar and then returned to the body of the Sandygast. "It's just delaying the inevitable." He motioned up at Gustavo to move on to the next target, knowing that the poison would finish off the first opponent. "Any more hits here would just exhaust his energy for the next Pokemon. Kerry looked over at Chrim and nodded, ensuring that the Chimchar was indeed watching the battles as they occurred. "Lesson one," he called out in the direction of the fire type. "Know when you're beaten. There's a difference between perseverance and stupidity."

"Chim!" The Pokemon quickly replied, fixing its gaze back on the Gligar which was circling the next target.

Kerry gave the go-ahead, watching as Gustavo dive-bombed the next Sandygast in their path. The first continued to close the distance between itself and the trainer, apparently having recognized that it wouldn't be able to catch up to the Gligar before the poison set in.

"Oooh?"

Kerry shook his head. "Sorry bud. You're just not good enough for me to have tag along."

"Ooooh!" The Pokemon cried out, wincing with every move that it took. "Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh!"

Kerry shook his head, glancing back over at the Gligar as it continued with the same strategy with the new Pokemon. The second Sandygast seemed to be slightly quicker witted, but he wouldn't be able to get a good look at it until this one keeled over and left him alone. "Look, you're just wasting both of our time now. Just give up already. You lost. It's over. Go home."

"Oooooh!"

"Tch." Kerry looked over at the sand dune they'd started behind and then back down at the persistent Sandygast. "Chrim! Get over here!"

"Chim?" The Pokemon dropped its hands from his eyes and then cartwheeled playfully over to Kerry. He looked quickly between the trainer and the approaching, weakened Sandygast. "Chimchar?"

Kerry shook his head. "Gunk Shot."

The Pokemon looked once more between the trainer and the Pokemon and then nodded his head solemnly. Chrim pulled back his arm, allowing it to turn purple as it became coated in a toxic sludge. "Chimchar." He whispered, lunging at the pile of sand as he jabbed his arm into the Pokemon's body.

"Oo-ooo…." the Sandygast stuttered as it sank down into the rest of the sand.

Kerry shook his head. "What a waste. Sorry, Chrim. Let's go back to Gustavo, he should be just about done."

The Chimchar lingered for a second, staring at the toy shovel as it slowly tilted and then inevitably fell flat against the ground. "Chim-char…"

"Best to get used to it. We can't take everyone with us, otherwise we'd never make it across the region. It's not a trainer's responsibility to care for every defeated Pokemon's recovery. Don't think about it too much, yeah?"

"Chim…"

"Look, Gustavo's done as well."

The two looked on at the Gligar as it impaled the Sandygast it had been fighting for the final time. This one fell in a similar fashion to the first; slowly sinking into the sand surrounding it before the shovel in its body fell over.

"Glii!" the Pokemon cried out triumphantly.

Kerry nodded, retrieving the Pokemon's ball. "You did great bud. Get a good rest til we need you again." The Gligar smiled enthusiastically and nodded its head, waiting for its retrieval. "Well, you're up next Chrim. The last one will be all yours. Remember, they're quite slow, so it's a good opportunity to work on your form in battle. We won't get many chances like this moving forward since these guys are some of the slowest Pokemon out there. You're essentially fighting a sparring dummy."

The Chimchar glanced up at its trainer and then focused its attention back to the numerous sand piles. Most of them were still laying silent, only slightly moving as they breathed. But as it watched, one of the piles shifted slightly more than the others, moving a few inches as it let out a yawn and peered its head above the ground.

"That's him. Do it - for that Ampharos."

Chrim winced as he inhaled deeply. "Chiiim!" The Pokemon cried out, trying its best to keep its voice down around the still sleeping Sandygast surrounding them. A few Embers escaped his mouth, signaling the start of their fight as the cinders fell onto the protruding sand pile and caused it to rise up a little more quickly.

"Ooooh?"

The Pokemon's voice was slightly deeper than the others - a little more ominous. It's mound was thicker, and the hole that it called a mouth seemed a little smoother than the others. Kerry grinned as he went through the checklist he'd made just a few minutes ago in his head.

"Heh, that'll be the one. Take it out, but don't overdo it. We'll take him with us once this is over, Chrim."

The Pokemon let out a small sigh of relief as readied itself for its new orders. "Chim!"

"Ooooh!" The Sandygast cried out, moving a little quicker than the previous one as it closed the gap between itself and the attacking Chimchar. Granted, if you weren't measuring the difference in a way similar to Kerry, you probably wouldn't have ever noticed.

"Every little difference matters," he whispered to himself, wondering what a more in depth analysis of the Pokemon later on would reveal. He'd already made a list of the Pokemon he'd intended to take with him after leaving this area, but that was only if they were up to snuff. Nothing around here was particularly exciting to him, but… "gotta fill out the ranks. It doesn't look good for a trainer to have an empty belt."

"Chim?"

Kerry smiled at the Chimchar and nodded his head. "Just talkin' to myself. Don't worry about me bud. We got a battle here. Remember, light on your feet. I don't want to see you get hit by anything physical if you can help it, alright? He should have an Absorb attack, but it won't do much to you anyways due to your typing difference. Just take it slow, and when he's weakened enough I'll end it with this." The boy pulled a ball from his belt and tapped the center of it, returning it to its full size. "I'll put my trust in you for this practice. In the meantime, I'll figure up a name for our new ally based on how well he does against you."

Chrim nodded, hopping in place lightly as the Sandygast pulled itself slowly towards it. The Chimchar blew a few more Embers at it every so often, hopping around it in circles as the Pokemon seemed to disregard it and continue on towards Kerry. The Sandygast followed the Pokemon with its eyes, but continued in its path nonetheless. It retaliated once or twice with an attempt at using Absorb, but the Chimchar shook off the attack each time, resulting in minimal recovery results for the sand pile.

"Oooooh!" The Pokemon cried out as it slowed to a halt a few feet from Kerry. The Pokemon dipped into the sand for a second and then rose quickly out, piling on the surrounding sand as best it could as it Hardened its body.

Kerry imitated the Chimchar's movements, getting a feel for how the Pokemon moved most comfortably during battle. He performed a sort of shadow boxing, following his 'Mon's movements and using his own experience to find the shortcomings in technique and movement. "You've got a long way to go…" he whispered as the Pokemon continued to fire off the fledgling Embers as the Sandygast. "Gunk Shot!"

He knew how this attack should be performed most efficiently based on the current situation. A strike from directly behind would result in a critical hit as long as the Chimchar could aim for a weak point in the sand. "We've got a lot of work to do," Kerry conceded, dropping his stance back to normal as he watched the Chimchar circle around to the front of the Sandygast and strike it between the eyes.

"Chim!" the Pokemon cried out, believing itself to be victorious as the Sandygast fell forward.

"No, that wasn't good enough for celebration." Kerry shook his head as he tossed the empty ball at the Sandygast. "Your movements are still incredibly lacking. You can't just run on instinct forever. I'll have to teach you, or find you a proper teacher somewhere along the way. There's too much downtime in your attacks. If you were against a faster opponent, they could have torn your form apart. Even if you were to go up against Gustavo he'd probably be able to get in a few good hits on you without you able to hit him back."

The Chimchar sunk slightly as it fell onto its heels. "Ch-chim?"

Kerry shook his head, slowly picking up the ball that had stopped shaking about and clicked shut. "You've got good power behind your strikes, but your form is still lacking. It's not your fault at all. We've only had what, half a day together so far? There's a lot of journey ahead of us, I'm just not going to sugar coat what that journey will entail. You did well enough for now, but you can always do better - you can always be better. And going forward, that's what we'll have to aim for. We always have to be better, or else someone else out there will catch up to us."

The Chimchar hung its head and nodded. "Char."

"Don't look so down bud. Like I said, it's not your fault. Neither of us are going to have it easy going forward. No shortcuts, yeah?" He smiled at the Pokemon and rubbed its head encouragingly. "Now, what do you say we grab some kelp and head back to that lighthouse? If you can get to the top first while sticking to your routine, I'll get you something nice to eat once we're done."

"Chim!" The Pokemon's eyes lighted up momentarily as it looked up at its trainer and then headed out towards the water.

Kerry looked down at the ball in his hand and nodded his head before placing it on his belt. "We'll see how you end up faring later on, Cassandra."

Years
  • Ivy Mourningroar
    Chapter 1
    Olivine City

"I have to buy him a birthday present."

Noisy

"Psyduck, wait!"

"Do you like my new glasses?"

So noisy

"Excuse me sir, can I invite you..."

This city is so noisy!

Ivy was wandering through streets of Olivine City without a set destination. She was just looking for a way to start her own adventure. She was trying hard not to pick on everyone's else conversations, but there were way too many tourists here. She just walked past twelfth restaurant and twenty-third souvenir shop since Rashirrin let Cianwood trainers out of the boat. That was like 10 minutes ago.

"Have you heard? There are some problems with a lighthouse again."

She was walking fast, with barely balancing Natu on her shoulder. Listening to people made her a little bit upset, so she tried to get as fast past them as possible. Totodile was resting in his Poké Ball in her bag. She was able to get a peaceful moment on the boat, where she could take a quick nap, since she didn't sleep well last night. it was a shame she couldn't get to study other Cianwood trainers, but her body got better of herself. She at least saw some of them during Rashirrin's monologue on board, when they were reaching Olivine City.

"Jasmine is going to face a famous trainer today. I can't wait to see that match."

Ivy was wearing dress she prepared last night. She didn't pack much clothes. Her plan is to buy as many as she can on road so she can fit more into each city's culture. Maybe she could find a shop now, since she doesn't have anything to do. Or maybe she could go to the beach and look for more Pokémon.

"...so the lighthouse isn't operating right now."

When she was on board, she overheard some other trainers giving their Pokémon nicknames. She should come up with some too. And she should probably also officially catch Natu, since he's still a wild Pokémon. She got Poké Balls from Rashirrin, so that shouldn't be a problem. But she need to do it alone. She would attract attention if she would try to catch a Pokémon on her shoulder now.

"You shouldn't force your Pokémon to fight if they don't want to."

There were way too many people. She was missing almost empty Cianwood already. If it wasn't weird, she would probably put her earplugs in right now, right here on the street. But who knows if they would help?

Wait! What was that? Ivy stopped so suddenly that Natu fell over, but he was able to unfold his wings and landed smoothly. Ivy picked him up and decided to carry him in his arms for now. A lighthouse problems? That's the mystery worth investigating!

Ivy quickly found her way to the lighthouse. A huge building was visible from every part of the city, so she had no problems getting to it. She was following a wooden promenade for most parts.

No one was at the lighthouse. It looked abandoned. So whatever is it that is causing problems must be inside. One of the lighthouse's windows was open.

"Natu, can you fly up there and look inside?" She ordered her Pokémon, while climbing the stairs to the lighthouse's main entrance. Natu nodded as much as he could in Ivy's arms. He flew to the window, but badly calculated the landing on window frame and disappeared inside lighthouse.

His squeak, as well as some other familiar noises, were echoed in the lighthouse. But they was quickly overshadowed by another noise. A laugh. Once again, very familiar laugh. A voice that could only be described as dark. Ivy heard it today already, but couldn't really put where or when.

Ivy reached to her bag and picked up Totodile's Poké Ball. She didn't call him out, but she wanted to be ready for everything. Then she opened the door.

Inside the lighthouse, she could see a familiar trainer with long pigtails and an outfit that Ivy would expect someone who is working at Pokémon Safari to wear. Rashirrin was holding Natu tightly in a pose that could be either cuddling or wrestling. She was laughing, clearly enjoying herself. Ivy couldn't really read Rashirrin well on the boat.

"So it was really you," she said when she noticed Ivy. "For a moment I though this might be just a wild Natu."

Well, she wasn't far from truth.

Ivy wasn't sure what to say at first.

"I suppose you heard about the sick Ampharos and are here to help?" Rashirrin continued and winked at Ivy.

"I heard there are some problems at lighthouse," Ivy said. "What's wrong with Ampharos?" Natu squeaked again, trying to free himself from Rashirrin. "Also, Ms. Rashirrin? Could you let my Natu go, please?"

Rashirrin was surprised. She probably didn't realize that she's holding Natu too tightly. She let him go instantly. Natu flew to Ivy, almost knocking her down on landing. That made Rashirrin laugh once again.

"Anyway, here's the deal with Ampharos," she said with almost straight face.

Rashirrin got to the lengthy explanations of what happened and what she needs for Ampharos. Ivy noted everything down. She was looking at Rashirrin's mouth, on the way she moves when she's talking and what words she uses the most and where she's looking while speaking.

When she was finished, Ivy had a better understanding of Rashirrin. That woman was still a big mystery, but now Ivy should be able to predict what she will do. If she will act cold and uninterested or fiery hot and eager. She'll have to test her theories when she's back with Opal Kelp.

They said goodbyes to each other and Ivy run straight to the beach. It's finally happening! She is starting her new adventure. Natu wasn't able to keep himself up on a running trainer, so he had to fly behind Ivy.

When she's on the beach, she will let Totodile out and will find Opal Kelp in no time.
    Yellow bag
    Spoiler:

Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Kerry
    207.png
    Gustavo grew to Lv 7!
    207.png
    Gustavo learned Harden!
    390.png
    Chrim grew to Lv 8!
    769.png
    Kerry caught a Sandygast! Lv 5, female

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Frid
    Olivine 1
    Tuesday, May 7th
    Morning, Day 1

Chikorita
    152.png
    Lv 5 | Ledyba
    165.png
    Lv 5
    It is wayyy too early. Frid was basically asleep the whole boat ride and now as he's somehow managed to get safely back on dry land, he's still basically a zombie. Ledyba tries to keep him straight as he wanders the Olivine beach promenade with the morning sunlight gazing on his backpack from behind. But it's not easy.

It's only a matter of time until Frid bumps into one of the morning walkers on the boardwalk. She gasps loudly, and the brown beverage she had been carrying spills all over the wooden road.

"Oh... Oh no, I'm sorry!" Frid blurts out when he realizes what's happened and looks from the woman to the beverage and back. It smells of hot coffee from the ground.

"Watch it!" the woman glares, tossing the empty paper cup on the ground. Ledyba hides behind his trainer.

Frid sighs. "I suppose you want a pokémon battle now?"

"What?" the woman blinks, and then sighs. "No, why would I want that? I'm not a trainer. But you better buy me a new coffee! I really tried to avoid you but you staggered around like a drunkard on the boardwalk!"

"Sorry... Tired," Frid says weakly. "I'll get you a new one! From where though?"

She points to a coffee stand not too far behind her, just ahead along the path. As Frid follows obediently, Ledyba zooms down and picks up the discarded coffee cup, tossing it in a bin on the way. At least somebody is thinking of the environment.

Minutes later, he's walking off from the coffee shop. One latte was given to the lady, and another he got for himself. He isn't usually a fan of coffee, but the smell earlier actually made him feel something, and this journey is a good time for new beginnings, isn't it? Hence, he got a latte for himself too. It actually doesn't taste bad. Of course, he asked for extra sugar. A lot.

Frid and Ledyba now stroll down to the water for a change. He feels like dipping his toes in the big blue as he enjoys his morning treat! The beach here is nothing like the boring Cianwood one. Olivine's stretch is vast and the sand is silky smooth. And pretty. Frid feels pretty awesome right now.

There are some early swimmers out, and the sunbathers are getting more numerous by the minute. But near some rocks in the shallows, Frid actually sees something else. Something not human.

"Wild pokémon!"

A group of Krabbys are lounging in the sand, and Frid swears he also sees a fish of some kind in the shallow water. That reminds him... He takes out the pokéball Rashirrin got him. It's shining in the morning sunlight. He lets his grass pokémon out, materializing in the sand in front of him and Ledyba and giving them both a yawn and then a smile.

"Hey, we're supposed to become good trainers. I mean, uh, I am supposed to become a great trainer, and you guys are supposed to become strong pokémon. So we need to train!"

He stands up and takes out his pokédex. "I know the basics of pokémon battling. I've seen Rashirrin on TV! But..."

He scans through the pokédex information that appears as he aims it towards Ledyba and Chikorita in turn. "I think we need hands-on experience too, if we're ever to actually be able to battle another trainer. Let alone a gym!"

There's still some free space around them on the early beach, so they won't be disturbing anyone. Hopefully. Frid grins.

"Let's have a practice battle! Ledyba vs Chikorita!"

The two pokémon give each other a look. Chikorita's is cheerful and expectant, while Ledyba's is rather worried. But both of them obey their trainer as he manages their starting positions on the beach. Then he steps back to stand in the middle, just off the 'battle area'.

"I'll act as the referee! And... as the trainer. Trainers. I guess." He laughs nervously. They've got to this. They've got to learn. "Okay, let's see... I'll memorize your moves. Ledyba, start with Tackle! And Chikorita, Tackle as well!"

Ledyba blinks, but Chikorita has already begun charging forward, so he shrugs and does the same. The two pokémon collide in a sideways Tackle-impact and bounce back. It seems Chikorita took it a bit harder than the bug did.

"Oh, maybe physical battling isn't your forte," Frid takes note. "But you do have something else! Vine Whip!"

From two of Chikorita's beads on her neck, vines extend now. They stretch quickly towards Ledyba and try to slap him around. But the bug desperately retreats upwards, using its flight to its advantage. And he's flying off back towards the boardwalk...

"Come back, Ledyba!" Frid calls out sternly. "You can't leave the battlefield! That counts as forfeiting. And we can't do that in proper matches."

Ledyba gives him a sad look from afar, but obeys and returns. Chikorita happily keeps trying to whip him now that he's close enough for her to reach.

"So Vine Whip can reach targets that are otherwise too far away, good to know!" Frid says, nodding contentedly. "Since they can't leave. I suppose it's different for battles against wild pokémon. And Ledyba, don't worry, you're not helpless! I know you can use your Supersonic against her!"

Ledyba dodges another vine, visibly getting frustrated now, but perks up when he hears the tip. He instantly cries out in a supersonic voice, aiming it in waves in Chikorita's general direction. She doesn't know to avoid the attack, and feels the full brunt of it. Her vines retract slightly, and accidentally slap her own face instead of their intended target.

"Wow, that was more effective than I thought," Frid comments. "Are you alright, Chikorita?"

She shakes her head and retracts her vines fully, before giving her trainer a woozy look. Clearly she's fully confused.

"We'd probably try to learn how to snap out of confusion! How about you use Growl?"

Chikorita closes her eyes and growls cutely, which actually makes Ledyba feel less frustrated, it seems. He settles on the ground and approaches the grass type carefully, as if to see if she's feeling okay.

But then, her vines snap out again, without an order from Frid. They luckily miss the astonished Ledyba, but slam around and hit something else... A Krabby, who was hiding in the sand nearby. It rubs its head and gives the group an angry glare.

"Uh-oh," Frid says. "Sorry, didn't mean to do that!"

Krabby doesn't seem to care. It now advances on them, snapping its pincers menacingly.

"Ledyba, Supersonic!"

Ledyba hops back up into the air and fires off more soundwaves to hit the water type. But the Krabby moves out of the way, and the supersonic hits the ground... Where apparently another Krabby was hiding. It emerges now and looks wobbly. It starts swinging its pincers around and hits the first one in the face.

"Yikes, bad luck there," Frid comments.

The first Krabby did not seem to take kindly to the commentary. It growls and fires off a Bubble attack towards the group. Ledyba dodges upwards, but the bubbles surround Chikorita who seems worried. Then they burst, and both scare and hurt her somewhat. Frid charges in and picks her up in his arms, popping the last bubbles in the process.

"Ledyba, use Tackle!" he commands Ledyba, hoping it's a good idea.

Ledyba clearly disagrees, as it's already flying back towards the boardwalk again.

"Oof," Frid lets out, before he figures that the best thing to do now is to just turn tail and run.

He's about to turn around, when he sees vines shoot out from his embrace. It's Chikorita. She reaches for the angry Krabby and wraps her plant tentacles around one of its pincers. Krabby responds with shining in some mellow light, which Frid doesn't know the meaning of. And he figures it's best they don't wait to find out.

"Lift it!" he suggests.

Chikorita lifts Krabby up, despite her own not too strong body yet - something made more possible by using Frid as a counter weight. But as the first Krabby dangles in surprise, the second one seems to have come back from its confusion and is advancing on them.

"Ah, toss it!" Frid calls out, and Chikorita follows the order.

She simply lobs one Krabby into the other, causing both to tumble away in the sand. Frid can't help but laugh a bit at the scene, but then finally sets off towards Ledyba, who's now hiding behind a tree near the coffee shop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Frid
    152.png
    Chikorita grew to Lv 7!
    152.png
    Chikorita learned Razor Leaf!
    165.png
    Ledyba grew to Lv 7!

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

• Eri - May 7th, Tuesday - Olivine City
    Pokemon registered: 2
    67003_16091502521474126316.jpg

- - - - - - -
    Somewhere among the beaches of Olivine, a young Krabby scuttled along the sandy trail without a care in the world. It almost even toppled over a conspicuous Sandygast, who belted back with some incomprehensible wailing and cursing.

It continued to scuttle along unti, it was knocked back a bit by a sudden sharp pain on its side. When it tumbled over, a Pokémon flew from overhead, circling the Krabby like a predator about to catch its prey. A Gligar was flying overhead, who landed promptly after it unleashed its favourite Poison Sting attack on the ground.

Soon after, someone came by to check up on things - a young girl. "Nicely done, Ichiban!" she said, as the Gligar gave a cute wink back at her. The young girl was a Pokémon trainer: a girl named Eri, who set her sights upon this wild Krabby. From her pocket, she got out her Pokédex, which was an encyclopedia of all Pokémon.

Krabby! River Crab Pokémon! Water Type! If it senses danger approaching, it cloaks itself with bubbles from its mouth so it will look bigger.

"Since it's a water type, it will have a distinct advantage over Ichiban who's a ground type…" Eri pondered to herself. "Ichiban, why don't you hand back a bit?" The Gligar agreed, letting himself fly over head again. The Krabby got back up, foaming it's bubbles at his mouth in a fit of anger. Still, that did not deter Eri, as she got out a lone pokeball.

"I'm counting on you, my new friend… Susato!" she threw the pokeball in the air, releasing her partnered starter Pokémon: a young froakie, who croaked, and got in a battle ready stance. "Ready, Susato? Then use your Pound attack!"

Following Eri's order, the Froakie rushed in with incredible speed. The Krabby tried to tag her by using its Vicegrip to grab on to her, but Susato was fast enough to evade at the last second, and managed to hit the Krabby square on its head by jumping and delivering a sharp chop against it.

"Don't let it rest! Pelt it with Bubble!" Eri quickly followed up, having her Froakie unleash a strong barrage of Bubbles from her mouth, cleanly pelting the Krabby continuous times. The Krabby fell on its belly after the mess, injured from the skirmish.

"Alright, just like we planned… now to do what we have been taught," Eri brought out another pokeball, this time, an empty one. She pointed it straight at the Krabby. "Throw the pokeball at it… My apologies, honourable Krabby, but I just captured you! Go on, Pokeball!"

She threw the pokeball right at the Krabby. When it made contact, the pokeball opened up, sucking the Krabby inside like a vacuum of light. Once it was inside, the pokeball closed up once again, landing on the ground.

All Eri, Susato and Ichiban could do now was wait, as the pokeball shook.

It shook once.
    Twice.
    Then a third time.

Soon after, it stopped shaking, making a fanfared 'PING!' Signalling the successful capture. The trio cheered, pumping themselves up. Eri then checked her Pokédex.

Krabby's data has been registered in the Pokédex!

Eri then rushed over to collect the pokeball, and her new Pokémon. She then clasped it with both of her hands. "Thank you for joining us, Krabby," she said softly to it, then turning to her other Pokémon. "Our mission has just begun, my friends."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Eri
    207.png
    Ichiban grew to Lv 6!
    656.png
    Susato grew to Lv 6!
    098.png
    Eri caught a Krabby! Lv 5

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Frid
    Olivine 2
    Tuesday, May 7th
    Morning, Day 1

Chikorita
    152.png
    Lv 7 | Ledyba
    165.png
    Lv 7
    "Whew! That was fun though," Frid said as they had put some more distance between themselves and the riled up crabs. "And I think we learned something!"

He kept walking as he glanced down on Chikorita whom he was still holding in his arms. She smiled up at him, and he interpreted it as her being happy with battling. Good thing - it would have been a sad start to his career if she had been as careful as Ledyba. Speaking of...

"You fled when I needed you," he said to the bug who was flying next to him.

Ledyba bowed its head in shame.

"Hey, I know you've got my back when it really matters. But we're not gonna look organized if you do your own thing, you know? Trainers and pokémon gotta rely on each other. Meaning the trainer says the orders and the pokémon do it. Hm. Wait that sounds a bit one-sided, doesn't it?"

Frid thought for a while as he kept walking aimlessly, and his pokémon looked up at him waiting (well, Ledyba kept trying to keep him from walking into someone... Again).

"I guess it could be fair if I feed you and keep you safe other than in battles. And care for you in general. I haven't much experience with that. Maybe I should ask at the pokémon center? Or the gym leader! Or..."

He suddenly realized he was standing just in front of a tall building. There were a few windows here and there on each floor, but at the top it looked like some sort of watch-place. He finally looked down and saw a sign, explaining the location.

"Oh, it's the Olivine Lighthouse! I swear I've seen the light from it from Cianwood on some nights!"

Ledyba shook his head - Frid definitely had not seen that far. Frid didn't notice.

"Let's head up and see if we can see Cianwood from it!"

Ledyba didn't want to leave Frid alone again, so he just sighed and followed his trainer inside. They climbed all the stairs, eventually, because no window until the top had Frid be satisfied with its view. When they stepped out from the stairwell on the topmost floor, a familiar voice greeted them.

"My my, another Cianwood challenger."

Frid spun around, changing from having been focused on the glass walls.

"Rashirrin!" he said, starstruck.

Indeed. It was the Cianwood celebrity in all her glory, or whatever one would call her outfit of the day. Frid had chosen to note it down in his head as 'interesting' when he had spotted her this morning on the boat.

"You're not going back to Cianwood?"

Rashirrin shook her head and walked up to give Chikorita a pat on the head; she was still carried by Frid.

"Nah. Gotta keep an eye on you lot," she said with a slow voice. "Actually... I'm keeping my eye on someone else at the moment. Look..."

She gestured for Frid to follow her into what looked to be some living quarters at the center of the Lighthouse's top floor. It was cozily decorated but didn't exactly look like a human would live there. When Frid saw the round bed, he understood why.

"Ampharos! Ohh, right, it lights up the tower, doesn't it?"

"Indeed. But he's sick now, unfortunately. And I'll need help to nurse him back. I don't really want to leave him, as he's had quite the fever. Thank Ho-oh I came by, huh? People had noticed since last night that the tower wasn't shining, but Jasmine had been too busy to go check on her buddy."

Frid nodded slowly. "Hah. Jasmine decorated this, didn't she?"

Rashirrin gave a half embarrassed smile. "Yeah... Her taste is very cutesy. I think Ampharos likes it though. You know what else he would like? Some Opal Kelp. It shouldn't be hard to find - it grows in the shallows near the beach."

"Cool," Frid said, nodding again. He found it pretty cool that Rashirrin talked to him at all, honestly.

She kept looking at him, and her gaze was almost annoyed now. His brain clicked then.

"Ohhh. You can't leave, so you want me to go and get that kelp for you!"

She raised an eyebrow, but then smiled. "Would you?"

"You can count on me, Rashirrin madam!" Frid said with a grin, hugging Chikorita tighter and giving Ledyba a pat where he still hovered in the air.

And they went all the way down again, all the stairs. This was clearly leg day, and Ledyba was very happy for his wings.

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Lyra Honda

piplup.gif
    sentret.gif

Chapter 1: Olivine City
    May 7th, Tuesday

Beach Battle!

Lyra walked through the beach with Nao beside her and Momo on her right shoulder. Around her left shoulder was a gray one-shoulder backpack while around her left wrist and some of her lower arm was a pink, flip-top pokegear. Because of where she placed the gear, she moved her bracelet to her right wrist. Attached to one of her belt loops is a heavy duty, retractable, holder connected to a carabiner reel clip; attached to the clip is a cream-colored leather ID card holder with the ID window on one side and two card slots on the other that are covered by a secure button cover with a zipper pocket.

She heard from some tourists that the lighthouse wasn't operational, but they saw someone going inside; and from the description of the person, she believed it to be Professor Rashirrin. Taking the chance, she wanted to see if the professor needed any help and also to ask a question that's been on her mind.

Cling! Cling!

Halting herself, Lyra saw two Krabby in front of them, clanking their claws. At first, she thought they were walking by, so she picked up Nao and stayed in place, waiting. However, after a minute or two, they didn't move and continued to stare.

Did they want something? Are they lost? Lyra blinked, staring at the Krabby as their claws opened and closed. She didn't mind waiting, but her pokemon didn't have the same mindset.

Peep! Nao jumped out of her arms, landing in front of the girl, and lifted a flipper to point at the Krabby. The Krabby blinked before one moved his arm, clasping his claw around Nao's outstretched flipper. Nao stared for a few seconds before squawking in pain, causing Lyra to panic.

"N-Nao!" Lyra uttered softly as Momo cooed from her perch, just as worried.

Nao's free flipper glowed white before the penguin striked Krabby on the head. The river crab cried in pain, letting go of Nao's flipper, allowing the penguin to move back. Nao puffed up his chest in pride, turning to look up at Lyra with proud eyes.

Lyra sweatdropped, but before she could say anything, the other Krabby clanked his claws angrily, being followed by its companion. Nao… why… She sighed before kneeling down to look more closely at Nao, "I think they want a battle Nao… Are you up for it?"

Nao let out a peep, nodding with determined eyes. He turned around and narrowed his eyes at the Krabby, letting out a high-pitched growl or a gakker.

Lyra turned to Momo, relaying the same question, and earning the same answer. Momo jumped down to land beside Nao, chirping as she jumped to stand using her tail. The girl looked around, and seeing nobody besides her, her pokemon, and the two wilds, deemed it safe to speak up.

"Nao, use Growl. Momo, Scratch."

Nao opened his mouth to let out a loud, piercing squawk towards the crabs as Momo jumped to land on all four paws to run towards the Krabby. The Krabby(#2) shuddered in fear for a few seconds, but that was enough for Momo to claw at the same Krabby that pinched Nao's flipper. However, she didn't notice that the other Krabby(#1) wasn't shuddering the same as his brethren and his eyes narrowed into a glare, using Leer on the penguin.

Momo jumped back after dealing her damage, but didn't notice Krabby(#2) open his mouth, releasing a forceful shot of water towards her. Nao saw it out of the corner of his eye and peeped at Momo, causing the scout pokemon to turn towards the incoming shot.

"Momo, Defense Curl. Nao, Pound."

Momo instantly curled herself into a ball just as the shot hit, throwing the scout pokemon back a few inches. After a few seconds, the scout uncurled herself and shook to her any water from her fur.

Krabby(#1) followed his brethren's lead, but aimed for Nao instead. The penguin was hit, but the damage was minimal due to the same typing. Nao shook off the water before running towards Krabby(#1) with his flippers glowing. He hit Krabby in the face, causing the latter to cry out in pain as he stumbled back a few steps.

Krabby(#2) heard his brother's cry and turned, aiming a shot of water at Nao, but just as he released, Momo appeared and scratched the crab in the face. The river crab cried out, his aim moved elsewhere.

Lyra crouched down, dodging the water gun, before standing up, watching the battle occur. "Noa, Icy Wind."

Noa puffed up his chest before opening his mouth, releasing a wind with light blue sparkles inside from his mouth towards the Krabby. The two Krabby shuddered when the cold hit them, it numbed their limbs and lowered their speed.

The Krabby, simultaneously, used Harden; their bodies gained a shine as their defense rose.

"Momo, Scratch. Nao, Pound."

Momo jumped towards Krabby(#2) and scratched the crab as Nao hit Krabby(#1) with his glowing flippers. The two crabs cried out in pain, but the moment Momo and Nao jumped back, they opened their mouths and released a forceful shot of water towards their opponents.

"Nao, Momo. Dodge."

The two were about to move, but the water hit them dead on, their cries released as they were pushed back by the force. The two pokemon landed at Lyra's feet, injured, but still full of energy. Nao stood up with an angry 'peep' while Momo jumped up, cooing angrily at the Krabby.

"Momo, Defense Curl. Nao, dodge and use Bubble."

Just as the Krabby launched another shot of water, Momo curled into a ball once more as Nao jumped up to dodge the shot. Momo was pushed back a bit more, but the damage was lessened thanks to Defense Curl's increased defense. After a few seconds, Momo uncurled and shook her fur to get rid of any water. Now, Nao landed and opened his mouth, releasing multiple clear bubbles at Krabby(#1).

"Nao, Icy Wind. Momo, Scratch."

Just as Krabby(#1) recovering from the bubble attack, Nao released another cold wind, hitting the two Krabby directly, numbing their limbs once more. Momo ran forward, taking the speed advantage, and scratched both Krabby in order. The Krabby cried out before collapsing backwards, fainting.

Lyra smiled, chuckling when Nao waddled over and puffed out his chest, awaiting his praise. To appease the penguin, the female kneeled down and pet the penguin, earning a happy 'peep' from the penguin pokemon. Momo cooed as she ran over and jumped on Lyra's right shoulder, regaining her usual perch, "Good job Nao. You too, Momo. Let's get you to the PC before going anywhere else." Picking up the Piplup, Lyra turned around and headed towards the nearest PC.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

At Home/PC: -

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Back