• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner's Corner of Chit-Chat...Corner

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Okay, what the heck did I just read? Why on Earth did they think that was a good idea?!

Although, I'm not one to talk. In my country, they usually just skip the distribution altogether :')

Years
So is this like a general chat for trading or.......

If so, I got in Pokemon X, a level 21 Lucario for trade. I have two because you get a Lucario from the third gym leader. So I have an extra.

Nature: Mild

HP: 67
Attack: 58
Defense: 34
Sp. Attack: 66
Sp. Defense: 39
Speed: 49

Moves:
Feint
Quick Attack
Force Palm
Counter

Don't know anything about IVs or EVs so make what you want from it.

So i'm looking for.....make an offer. IDK! Something I don't have in my PC boxes....or should I wonder-trade it? Or should I offer it for something on the GTS? What should I do? IDK!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years

Hello there! This thread is meant to serve as a 'chit-chat' thread, so while you can talk about trades, it's not intended to be for trading.

Actual trade requests go in the main page of Trade Corner (the page you were on before you clicked this thread, here's a quick redirect in case you're confused). You can click on 'New Thread' on this page and create your trade request thread. I'd recommend using the 'Gen 6' category tag when you make your new thread, to let others know you're trading in a gen 6 game (as generation 6 and 7 games aren't cross-compatible).

Best of luck!

Years
It's all good. I decided to take a chance and wonder-traded it. I got a Tentacool. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. I will use your advice if I never need this board again. :)

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Speaking of codes I have a small rant to make. I really hate what become of them in my country. There isn't a way to get to the codes now, because only distributor decided to let people pay for them - you have to buy Pok?mon game from their e-shop to get a code with it. Which isn't really a great way unless you want to pay 45 ? each month to get them all. They used to make those "like, subscribe, share" giveaways, but I haven't seen one in a while.

Do you have similar problems in your country too?

Come to the US and you will get these responses as follow

1st Day: Sorry, we are out of the codes because our store is very popular and/or only one code per person if you ask for more.

2nd Day: like above

3rd Day: like above

Last Day: take all you need since I have more stacks that need to be get rid of

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 28, 2018
I'm just trying to trade my Pokémon in let's go evee to evolve them to complete my Pokédex. Am I in the right place?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 28, 2018
Looking to trade machoke, kadabra, graveler, and haunter so they can evolve and I can finish my Pokédex. Can anyone help? I also need a sandshrew if anyone has one.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I'm just trying to trade my Pokémon in let's go evee to evolve them to complete my Pokédex. Am I in the right place?

Looking to trade machoke, kadabra, graveler, and haunter so they can evolve and I can finish my Pokédex. Can anyone help? I also need a sandshrew if anyone has one.

Not quite... This thread is intended for idle chit-chat. If you're looking to trade Pokemon, then create a new thread in the main section of the Trade Corner forum (here) and place the LGPE tag on it so people know you want to trade in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 18, 2019
Nintendo friend code required to trade?

Do you need to be friends on Nintendo switch, or just have a code to be able to trade via the internet?

Also, do you need mew to complete the pokedex for the shiny charm?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Do you need to be friends on Nintendo switch, or just have a code to be able to trade via the internet?

Also, do you need mew to complete the pokedex for the shiny charm?

Hey there! I moved your thread into DCC as this is where you can ask questions related to Trade Corner.

I don't own LGPE, but as far as I'm aware, only a code is required to trade with other people. This code consists of three Pokemon (e.g. Pikachu Eevee Magikarp), and is created by one person and given to the other so that they can find them with the trade search function in-game.

As for the Shiny Charm, only the first 150 Pokemon are required to obtain it; all of them except Mew, Meltan and Melmetal.

I hope this helps clear up your confusions about the game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 2, 2019
Destiny Knot Explained!!!!!

Hi guys,

I have questions about breeding with destiny knot.
I believe that if one of the parents holds the destiny knot while breeding.
Then 5 of 12 IV will pass down to its offspring. Am I right?
If I have 6 perfect IV ditto and other 4-5 perfect IV pokemon
then i suppose to get 4-6 perfect IV pokemon by probability every single time i hatch
but i still got 3 perfect IV and decent or pretty good IV on the remaining or something like that.

WHY?????? I miss something or misunderstand the concept??????

Thanks

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Hi guys,

I have questions about breeding with destiny knot.
I believe that if one of the parents holds the destiny knot while breeding.
Then 5 of 12 IV will pass down to its offspring. Am I right?
If I have 6 perfect IV ditto and other 4-5 perfect IV pokemon
then i suppose to get 4-6 perfect IV pokemon by probability every single time i hatch
but i still got 3 perfect IV and decent or pretty good IV on the remaining or something like that.

WHY?????? I miss something or misunderstand the concept??????

Thanks

Moved to DCC, as the general Trade Corner forum is for trades only.

Rachel pretty much hit the nail on the head; while 5 of the 12 IVs are guaranteed, you're still reliant on RNG. The reason being is that, while 5 IVs are guaranteed, the chosen IV and parent is not. For example, the 5 inherited IVs could all come from the same parent, or, what likely happened in your case, the non-31 IVs are inherited from the parents, and the sixth IV rolled into a random non-31 number. Doing a very quick and simple example, let's pretend we have a male 4 IV parent and a female 6 IV parent, using colours to show which is which.

Male: 31/31/31/12/4/31
Female: 31/31/31/31/31/31

We know that with a Destiny Knot, any of 5 of the 12 IVs will be passed down onto the child. Therefore, one possible child from this combination can be 31/31/23/12/4/31.

Hope this cleared things up for you.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Anyone want to trade me a Celebi?! Pokémon let's go eevee

Hey Denisse, welcome to PokeCommunity!

In Trade Corner, when you want to request a trade, you can simply create a new thread (that follows the Trade Corner rules) on the main thread page, which is the page you would have been on before clicking this thread (here's a quick link). This thread here is just for idle chit-chat and isn't intended for trades.

As for the other part of your request, unfortunately Celebi is not availabe in Let's Go Eevee. Both of the Let's Go games only feature the first 151 Pokemon + Meltan and Melmetal, so all of the Pokemon that were introduced in future regions aren't available in Let's Go. Hopefully the next Switch game won't have the same restrictions 😅

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Would anyone be willing to trade? I am in need of an Ekans to finish the dex!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Would anyone be willing to trade? I am in need of an Ekans to finish the dex!

Hey Alex! I'm just gonna copy and paste my response to the post before.

In Trade Corner, when you want to request a trade, you can simply create a new thread (that follows the Trade Corner rules) on the main thread page, which is the page you would have been on before clicking this thread (here's a quick link). This thread here is just for idle chit-chat and isn't intended for trades.

Just create a new thread there and tag it with the LGPE tag, and you're good to go!

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
lol the rarest pokemon I have ever gotten from a trade was back in the day on fire red for Gameboy color rofl. XD I got a glitched out Mew trading a Mewtwo away lmao. It was pretty crazy.

Anyways, I own a fully completed copy of LGP, so I can catch any exclusives on the game. If anyone wants my Switch friend code for trading exclusives and/or gaming, then here it is! :)
SW-2269-7247-8889

Last edited:
Back