• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Your top three favorite TV shows~

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
  • Hmmm...
    - Friends (Only comedy show where I can watch a random episode from a season, and still laugh almost the whole episode)
    - The Office, up to season 7 (once Steve Carrel left, the magic was gone)
    - Blacklist ( I love series where the main character is overpowered, and Reddington is overpowered and badass in every way possible way ) ^^

Years
  • The Wire - I don't think I can say anything about this show that hasn't already been said a million times before. Almost perfect.

Life on Mars (UK) - Gene Hunt is my favourite character from live action TV. Easily one of the smartest uses of time travel I've seen in a tv serial. It's a short series too so I can't recommend it highly enough. What are you waiting for?

Planet Earth - I watch this BBC documentary series multiple times every year because of how stunningly beautiful it is. At the rate of an episode a day I could probably watch it non stop. Love watching things like this before bed.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Cowboy Bebop
    A Space Western. What's more wicked than that? I almost gave this spot to Firefly as it occupies a similar niche. Very powerful story, amazing voice acting, killer writing and an unbeatable score.

I'm not an anime type of person. I say that and people quickly defend it, i honestly have nothing against it, just not my cup of tea. But this show is pretty damn good. If I remember correctly Batman the Brave and the Bold ripped off the intro haha

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • -walks in with spike spiegel icon as we talk about cowboy bebop- Well I'm in the right place...

But anyway, I don't really watch tv. So here, have some dated stuff that I still stand by:

Hey Arnold!: My absolute favorite cartoon, especially going back and watching it as an adult. As a kid, I really liked it, but it wasn't my favorite. Rugrats was. But a few years ago, I was like "I wanna rewatch Hey Arnold!" and I did. I binged it one summer on YouTube which was...painful because a lot of the episodes were sped up, but whatever. It's a good show that still holds up today. Is it amazing? Well, no. But I like the things it was teaching me without my noticing. And there's really only one episode I can think of that doesn't quite do the moral right, but if one out of (99 I believe?) episodes are bad, then hey. That's something.

Roseanne: Let me go on record to say I freakin hated this show as a kid. lol It was too grown for me most of the time, but I started to appreciate it when I was...maybe 17? I just appreciate the rawness of the show and the fact that hey, if I was a parent, I would probably be like Roseanne. I'm not like all these other people I see on Facebook totally gushing over their child. I'm the parent that posts shit like, "My kid had Doritos on their Christmas list and I'm both really proud and really concerned" or "Thank God my kid made all C's." Everyone just feels so real in this show, especially when compared to the other sitcoms of its time like Full House. And I mean I like Full House, but it's almost purely nostalgic and not for depth or the humor anything like that like I have with Roseanne.

Pawn Stars: Alright so. I mostly just like this because I like seeing people bring in weird shit and learning a little bit about it. It's interesting to me. I guess this is also something that counts as nostalgia? I used to watch it with my grandfather before he passed away, but I watched it on my own before I lived with him too so. Take that as you will. As a kid, I loved going to pawn shops to look at everything, though. Every time my dad would pick me and my sister up for a "fun day" as I'd call it, I always wanted to hit up like...every pawn shop in town. Look at the instruments, games, other crazy shit that might be there. It was just fun. So I like having a show about it with even more crazy shit going on. The Old Man reminds me a lot of my grandfather too. I guess this show is more of a guilty pleasure, but I've liked it since its inception. It's just kind of fun for me and reminds me of my childhood. I would have absolutely adored it back then too. Keeps me feelin' young.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    - Friends (Only comedy show where I can watch a random episode from a season, and still laugh almost the whole episode)

That's how Seinfeld was for me. Shows like that are almost funnier with no context. I think I've watched all of friends, and it's still hilarious. Rewatch-ability is the clearest indication of a good show TBH.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    game of thrones --- borrowed and read like the first 2 and a half books (belonged to a friend), thought it was okay
    venture brothers --- love how i kind of found the first half of season 1 kinda bad (watched it waaay back) and then it just got really good afterwards
    the i.t. crowd --- better than big bang theory

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Hmmm...
    - The Office, up to season 7 (once Steve Carrel left, the magic was gone)
    - Blacklist ( I love series where the main character is overpowered, and Reddington is overpowered and badass in every way possible way ) ^^
    I totally agree!! The Office just wasn't the same without Michael Scott. Overall, an amazing show though!

Years
  • 24: For me this show just hits home in every way possible. The format is very addictive and it's written in a way that almost every episode is like a cliffhanger. Character development, music, plot is always great too. For those of you who don't know it's about Counter Terrorism and each episode is an hour of one day trying to fight a threat. So since there is 24 hours in one day each season is 24 episodes and spans an entire day only.

The Honeymooners: This sitcom will always and forever be relevant to people in some way, much like Seinfeld is. This one inches a bit higher than Seinfeld though for me because I think the characters are a little more loveable and the situations are pretty original even today considering how old the show is.

Seinfeld: Of course this has to be on the list. Honestly if someone asked me to give them a show defining my generation I would immediately say Seinfeld. The characters are great, situations are ridiculous but still believable and it never gets hampered down by drama in the way that a show like Friends does.

I would have put stuff like Cowboy Bebop and Batman: The Animated Series but I figured I'd save those for something like favorite anime and favorite cartoon instead of a tv show topic.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Criminal Minds, CSI: Miami (still angry it was cancelled!) and The Listener. All crime dramas pretty much, lol.. Grey's Anatomy and Blue Bloods would have to be honorary mentions. I loove crime dramas and dramas in general. Comedies are nice too. ='p

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love TV and there are so many shows I'd call my "favorite" but if I'm picking out three to spotlight and give awards to, these are it:

Breaking Bad: I don't think I'll come across a show as well done as this one for a very long time. Watching Walt's transformation was one of the best television experiences I've had. Everything was just so good; the writing was spectacular, the character development was top notch, and I could gush forever tbh. I think Ozymandias is one of my all time favorite episodes of any TV show, period - and Gustavo Fring is still one of my favorite villians. That scene where he just walks into the line of fire??? King. Man, just talking about it again makes me want to re-watch the series.

Mad Men: This show had some ups and downs for sure, there were whole seasons where I was just like "are we seriously still doing this plot line??" (Sylvia, anyone?). But overall this show kept me coming back. As someone who works in marketing/advertising and as someone who loves the history behind the decade they set the show in, it was a matter of time before I fell in love with the show. Don Draper was never my favorite, but characters like Betty, Joan, Peggy, Stan, and Roger really made it for me.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Everything about this deserves a gold star. They even had the courage to find all their bad plot holes and mistakes and make a fantastic episode out of it. I'm on my lunch break and don't have much time to talk about this one - but that's for the best. This show means so much to me <3

Honorable mentions/past favorite shows: The Office, Friends, Gilmore Girls, That 70's Show, Scrubs, HIMYM, Roseanne, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Game of Thrones.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I know I've thrown 3 favorite shows already at the start of the thread, but those 3 were airing, and now I still feel the need to mention 3 other shows that I've seen, that are currently not airing. oops, they're actually getting new seaons! which is actually SUPER hype!

Prison Break. I don't know how many people here have watched it, but.. What a show. What a suspense. All the things that happens, the suspense the show puts you in at every single episode.. And of course the love you get for the characters in this show. Or, the hate, for that matter. The characters that are basically meant to be hated, oh lord have I hated them. And of course the OTP between the main character and the prison doctor.

Spoiler:

Mr. Robot. Award winning show, and for good reasons. Very unique main character that we follow through the whole series, what he sees and what he thinks. A mastermind hacker that suffers from autism and a very painful social anxiety, to the point that he resorts to hacking people to get to know them.

Narcos. A Netflix original web series that follows the rise and fall of the colombian kingpin Pablo Escobar and the DEA agents that are hunting him.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Big Brother (the UK version was at its best in the late 00s though, I still watch it though ad the US/Canada editions)
    Orange Is The New Black
    Orphan Black

Years
  • I'm currently watching Hannibal and Mr. Robot.
    Mr. Robot is definitely my all-time favourite, but I don't watch TV-shows often so might not be hard.
    Friends was also a great show.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    My Top 3 Favorite TV Shows Right Now

1. Girl Meets World
    2. Liv and Maddie
    3. Young & Hungry

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Alright, then! I honestly like one of them more than the other two, but I'm not sure which of the other two I like more.

Futurama is my most favorite show of all time. It has just so much good stuff. Lovable characters? Memes? Continuity? HYPNOTOAD? It's all there.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is another favorite, especially during late Season 3 (I obvs ain't spoiling it for y'all).

Adventure Time is also one of my favorites. While I don't watch it nowadays, it was one of the shows that inspired me to create in the first place...next to Futurama.

Back