• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Your top three favorite TV shows~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, what exactly ARE your top three TV shows? Tell us why you enjoy them while you're at it. :3

House M.D. - I like this one because it's comical in a way. Sure, it has serious moments like most medical dramas tend to have. I enjoy it far more because it's not as hard to deal with, though I know it gets worse later on as far as drama goes. I still have been getting into it again as much as I can.

Doctor Who - I admit to being a total whovian. I love this show because it's so good. I'm not sure how to explain it to be honest. I just get into it every time I watch it. It's a shame it was take off of netflix though. I hope BBC reconsiders letting them have it back.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - I like this one because it's cute. I admit to also being a pegasister, and I could careless what others think. I'm not like most of them, but I still enjoy this show as well. It's also got a lot of good lessons that I've learned from since I started watching it.

Let's hear what your top three favorite shows are. :3

Reactions: EC

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
  • Lie to Me - I really like TIm Roth in this one because he really brings out the character in his role. I find this show pretty funny, though I haven't gotten every far. It's really interesting to learn about the different expressions we make and how they relate over the course of time.

I don't really have any more :( but I guess I'll post when I watch more

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Supernatural. Dean and Sam are hot. What's more to say? Eheh, well, enough actually. So much lore, so much fantasy. It's amazing. I never thought I would love seeing Bloody Mary getting rekt. And the plot twists and cliff hangers, they just keep me in their grip. I'm so hyped for season 12 right now.

Person of Interest. Amazing characters. Amazing character developments. Amazing story. Show has all I need to be fully interested. Not that alone, but it being about this artificial super intelligence that's watching us all, it's very interesting.

The Blacklist. I suppose I originally wanted to see it because of James Spader, but damn. The story is just as good as his acting. And also definitely keeps me in their grip with the plot twists, and of course the cliff hangers. Just finished the last season and I can't wait for the new season.

Honorable mentions: Mr Robot, Narcos, Gotham

Years
  • Doctor Who - I've been a major fan of the series since forever and have grown up watching it, this definitely takes the number one spot on my list.

Game of Thrones - I only started watching this show near the beginning of May and am already on series 5, that says it all really. It's without a doubt as good as everyone hypes it up to be.

Merlin - Anybody outside of the UK might not have seen this, it's a fantasy/magic/action adventure series based on the wizard Merlin. A classic :3

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
  • Merlin - Anybody outside of the UK might not have seen this, it's a fantasy/magic/action adventure series based on the wizard Merlin. A classic :3

Ohh!! I've actually seen this on Netflix before! It was really good even though I've been through 5 seasons of it (can't really remember, been a long time)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Ash vs Evil Dead is one cool show, although I technically don't watch it on TV; I bought episodes of it on Xbox Live.

What a fun spin off to the classic Evil Dead movies. They don't really mention Army of Darkness, perhaps due to copyright reasons.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    The Sopranos
    Everything sort of clicked perfectly with this show. Some of the best acting I've ever seen from James Gandolfini and Edie Falco. Plus I love mob movies and this show holds up with Godfather and Goodfellas I think.

Favorite Episode: University.
    Seriously made me sick to my stomach. I know a lot of people don't like that feeling but when a song or a movie or a TV episode can make you feel something so strong, like happy or sad or upset and it's done really well, you have to acknowledge it.

Millennium
    Very underrated show but really, really dark. Like as dark as it gets without being on HBO or a premium channel. Made by the guy who created the X-Files. I like movies like Silence of the Lambs and Seven and Manhunter and if you like those shows you'll love Millennium. Also, Lance Henriksen is really cool. Great character.

Favorite Episode: Pilot
    Yeah, the Pilot. Not to say the show peaked with its first episode but the pilot to this show is excellent.

X-Files
    Aliens, ghosts, loch ness monster, jersey devil, conspiracies! Great characters. Great villain. Legitimately scary episodes.

Favorite Episode: Beyond the Sea
    Watched this when I was young. I was terrified before the opening credits. Also Brad Dourif (the voice of Chucky) gives an excellent performance.

Years
  • Veronica Mars
    This is a great mystery/detective show with all the twists, turns, surprises, and suspense you want with that kind of show. The characters are all amazing and engaging (esp. Keith Mars) and it's just a compulsively watchable show. Please take the third season with a grain of salt. The executives messed up a bunch of stuff.

Naming a favorite episode might be too spoilery.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
    While it has a lot of problems and bad episodes, when it hits its stride it does it better than anything. Space. Exploration. Social commentary. Rubber forehead aliens. Patrick Stewart. The following Deep Space Nine and Voyager were also both really great (and in many ways arguably better) but TNG is really where the heart of Star Trek is.

Favorite episode is probably Timescape (Season 6, episode 25). It does all the things you want in a science fiction show. Also has some iconic lines from the show.

The X-Files
    I like the dark humor, the weird monsters, the unexpected directions episodes sometimes take. If you've seen the show you know why it's so much fun.

Favorite episode is probably Humbug (Season 2, episode 20). It has all the great X-Files brand humor on display.

Millennium

Really must agree with this. Not one of my top favorites, but since it's the X-Files' darker cousin it's a great show for any X-Phile.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Parks and Recreation
    I think this is one of the best shows to ever air IMO. I really love its overall style and sense of humor, this show had me in stitches. I love it so much I watched all seven seasons last summer! I reccomend this show to... anyone. I loved it.

The Office
    Funny in the same ways Parks and Rec is. Lovable characters and a quirky style, I enjoyed it (and am still watching!)

Master of None
    I feel like this show is extremely underrated. Though it is very short. I loved the plotline and the overall idea (plus I find Aziz Ansari hilarious), and I felt as if this was more of a film than a show. I reccomend it to anyone who has 4 hours of spare time on their hands. It's also introduced me to a lot of great music!

I feel like I'm missing a lot, though. :x

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I don't watch a lot of television, but when I do, I tend to watch dramas. Breaking Bad, The Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy are high up there on the top three list. For shows that are still running, Netflix's Daredevil and Narcos are up there, along with South Park.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Game of Thrones is currently the only show I am actively keeping up with and watching every week as soon as a new episode comes out, so I definitely consider it my favorite show.

Aside from that, I haven't really been watching a lot of TV shows lately - I suppose South Park would be my go-to answer since it's the only other show I love that's still going.

And as for shows that have ended, I really enjoyed Psych from beginning to end. :)

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • Stargate SG-1- An underrated series with humor and great characters.

Stargate Atlantis- Adventures in a new galaxy.

Xena- Warrior Princess- Mythology, comedy, Autolycus.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I watch too many series. I'll go with the cartoons.

1. Bojack Horseman. It's too late, I don't have time to say all I want to say. But this show amazed me so much. This show has good jokes, so many puns, I still find new stuff after I watched the show at least 20 times (only 2 seasons, don't worry). This show talk about real stuff, it's dark, it made me think about myself a lot, and about my friends too.
    2. American Dad. Was number one until this year. I can't **** how many times I've watch all the seasons!! I still can't believe how quickly I felt in love with Bojack lol.
    3. South Park. It only went in third place in the last years because it was my favorite show of all time for so long! I watched all episodes before age 18 hehe (well, all episodes that were out that year). I started at 8. But I preferred the first seasons and then I fund American dad and Bojack Horseman.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wentworth Prison - Prison dramas are amongst my favourite genres of TV and Wentworth is quite possibly my favourite of all. The acting is superb, the storylines are gripping and just everything about it is so compelling leaving you wanting more. I've only recently discovered this show but I can safely say it is my favourite TV series as of now.

Orange Is the New Black - A little less extreme and in-depth than Wentworth but I still love OITNB. It boasts great characters who each get their own background story, the themes for each Season are completely different and it really is a show I could re-watch over and over. Best of all Season 4 releases in just under a week!

Benidorm - Typical British comedy that never fails to amuse. I don't really think it appeals to everyone but personally I love the humour behind this show and there are so many memorable characters throughout the series.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Like many others Game of Thrones is on the tip of my tongue as we near the end of another fantastic season. It feels, in many ways, as being our generation's "Lost" in terms of the impact and this huge following it has gained.

Then I'll have to mention both of the Avatar series. The original series was a masterpiece and the sequel took those foundations and really rocked the boat. It was incredibly progressive for a "kids" cartoon.

Final spot? I'm not sure. I'll have to come back for that one :c.

Years
  • Rick and Morty
    It's a dark comedy. Which I love. I think it's one of the funniest shows currently airing on TV and I think the philosophies and fan theories of the show keep it consistently engaging at many levels.

Cowboy Bebop
    A Space Western. What's more wicked than that? I almost gave this spot to Firefly as it occupies a similar niche. Very powerful story, amazing voice acting, killer writing and an unbeatable score.

Freaks and Geeks
    The greatest teen drama ever and gone far too soon. Everyone should watch this show before leaving for college. It's a show made in the late 90's about the late 80's and it's timeless. Perfect show.

Sirfetch’d

Can I only pick 3? Man that is hard to do

1. The Walking Dead- This is an easy one for me. TWD is my favorite TV show of all time, despite the showrunners making me hate them lol. I love the show and the development it gives all of the characters(just look how far Carol and Sasha have come). Carol and Michonne are my two favorite characters from this series. I cannot wait until it comes back in October <3

2. Orange is the New Black- This starts back next Friday and I am so hyped for it omg. The best show on Netflix by far.

3. American Horror Story- I will admit that season 4 kinda let me down but overall this show is great. Each season is something new and that makes this series unique. The stories never get stale.

Honorable mentions: Bates Motel, Bloodline, Jessica Jones, Bitten, Fear The Walking Dead, and Grace and Frankie

Favorite TV shows that have ended: American Idol, Breaking Bad, Lost, Lost Girl, and Dexter(except the last season it was garbo)

Last edited:
    Back