• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity OverUsed Tournament

Anti

return of the king
Years

The PokéCommunity OverUsed Tournament
Introduction
Welcome to the (third annual!) PokéCommunity OverUsed Tournament!

This tournament started with the 2014 tournament and happened last year as well, and it continues now. As the OP of the original iteration states, the goal of the tournament is to be one of the few competitive milestones in our battling community, to be held once a year to determine PC's best OverUsed battler. Of course, it needs PC's best OU battlers to sign up and compete for that title to have any meaning, so sign up and have fun!

Sign-Up Form
Pokémon Showdown username(s):
Time zone:

Format
• This is a BEST OF THREE single elimination ORAS OU tournament.
• The tournament bracket will be determined randomly each round. The tournament's size with be the highest multiple of sixteen possible, rounding down, with anyone else becoming subs in case someone must drop out.
• Each round will last for exactly seven days. Completing matches is an expectation, so do not join if you are not completely certain that you will be able to complete your matches. No extensions will be granted. The winner of unfinished battles will be the more active player. Failing to complete matches ruins the competitive integrity of the tournament. Things can come up, so if you need a sub, don't wait until a day before the deadline to tell us.

Rules
• The Tournament's format is standard ORAS OU according to Smogon's tier list, which can be found here.
• You must abide by standard battle clauses as well as the tier list.
• If a tiering change happens during the tournament, it will take effect at the start of the next round. Any change to a clause (like Baton Pass or Endless Battle) will take effect immediately.
• Please do battles on either the Smogon or PokéCommunity Pokémon Showdown! servers.
• I reserve the right to deny anyone entry to this tournament if I have reason to believe they won't complete their matches. I will avoid doing this, but if you are Lucario_Master49588 and have 1 post—which happens to be your entry into the tournament—you probably won't be getting in. Sorry. :(

Sportsmanship
• Do not taunt or disrespect opponents or other tournament participants. If it breaks forum and server rules about respect, it's not okay for this tournament either.
• No one likes hax. If you miss three Focus Blasts in a row, remember that your opponent didn't rig the RNG. Be respectful about this or you will be disqualified, as per my judgment (or wolf's judgment should my neutrality be in question). It's competitive, but it's also just a game.
• Do not scout or counter-team your opponent . Feel free to look at old replays, but trying to figure out what team your opponent is using, for example, is prohibited. A good way to approach preparation is that trying to scout for your opponent's tendencies is acceptable, but trying to figure out specifics of their teams for your matches is unsportsmanlike.
• If there is a DC, you may replay the match with either the same teams or different teams, as decided by the user who did not DC. If victory was assured, the match will not be replayed in fairness to the would-be winner. I will make these decisions in the event that "assured victory" is contested.

Previous Winners
2014: Sweep
2015: KorpiklaaniVodka

Sign-Ups
1. 5qwerty
2. Nah
3. Kostas
4. Dragon
5. Castform
6. gimmepie
7. CUTIEFLY!!!
8. Aurora
9. James169
10. Volpe Artica
11. O'aka XXIII
12. ddrox13
13. wolf
14. Hamgaleo
15. srinator
16. Bobderry

Round 1
Aurora vs. Hamgaleo
5qwerty vs. O'aka XXIII
Nah vs. CUTIEFLY!!!
Kostas vs. Volpe Artica
Dragon vs. gimmepie
srinator vs. James169
Bobderry vs. Castform
wolf vs. ddrox13

Round 2
wolf vs. 5qwerty
Nah vs. srinator
Hamgaleo vs. Castform
Volpe Artica vs. gimmepie

Semifinals
Castform vs. Nah
gimmepie vs. wolf

Finals
wolf vs. Nah

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Pokémon Showdown username(s): 5qwerty
Time zone: EST/EDT (-4 or -5 or something, I don't know)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'd like to think I'll do better than losing in round 1 this time lol

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Zekrom52
Time zone: GMT -4 (US EDT)

Years
Hmm I think i'm in, however I will be away for 3 days (friday-sunday), I don't think that this is a problem.
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Kwstaspaokara
Time zone: GMT+2

Sirfetch’d

Timezone: Central US

Anti

return of the king
Years
i'm going on vacation for a few days and will begin the tournament when i return (assuming adequate participation)

Years
So I know that I'm pretty much Lucario_Master49588, but I'd like to sign up. I specifically searched this out in hopes one was going to happen.... So I have no reason not to show.

Question though, just in case you open your hearts to me... On every match, are we building our own team of any OU Pokemon? Or will there be a draft? I'm assuming the former since there isn't enough OU's to cover a whole tournament, but I'm just checking even though I pretty much answered my own question.

Thanks

Edit: Central Time

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'll try my luck.

Pokémon Showdown username(s): O'aka XXIII
Time zone: GMT -4

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
ddrox13
GMT-4 (GMT-5 after November 6)

Critdra/Scarfkiss is borken core. I got all the way to a 1001 rating on the Showdown ladder with it. That is all.

Years
So I know that I'm pretty much Lucario_Master49588, but I'd like to sign up. I specifically searched this out in hopes one was going to happen.... So I have no reason not to show.

Question though, just in case you open your hearts to me... On every match, are we building our own team of any OU Pokemon? Or will there be a draft? I'm assuming the former since there isn't enough OU's to cover a whole tournament, but I'm just checking even though I pretty much answered my own question.

Thanks

Editing with username:
Regirock City

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Pokémon Showdown username(s): wolf
Time zone: GMT -4

I'll forfeit my spot and be a sub if we reach more than 16.

Anti

return of the king
Years
We still need three people to sign up before I can begin the tournament. When this happens, I will post Round 1.

Thanks

You build your own teams. I am happy to put you in as a sub, but I am pretty inflexible with the requirements, so I don't think I can put you in as a regular participant. Sorry. :(

Back