• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Looks great man. Loving the updates dood. The music sounds incredible. Screen shots look great. Nice job on the tiles.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Looks great man. Loving the updates dood. The music sounds incredible. Screen shots look great. Nice job on the tiles.

Ohey, 600 posts, nice. Thank you. Also, I just finished adding some nice new animated tiles... I now have a proper ocean/beach set up, and waterfalls. :)

lAlcP1R.gif

NIMMXgF.gif

Also, did this:

vEVuI.jpg

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Wow, things are coming along a lot more beautifully than I could have ever imagined.

It feels as if the limits for what a Pokemon hack can be have been pushed- aesthetically and otherwise. I mean, I was absolutely blown away by the March preview. It feels really fluid and...well, not Pokemon. And that's what I absolutely love; it doesn't just feel like something other than Pokemon, but it being its own unique entity flows through every orifice.

Seriously, I'm glad to see how far you've taken this project.

Danno

Years
  • Wow, things are coming along a lot more beautifully than I could have ever imagined.

It feels as if the limits for what a Pokemon hack can be have been pushed- aesthetically and otherwise. I mean, I was absolutely blown away by the March preview. It feels really fluid and...well, not Pokemon. And that's what I absolutely love; it doesn't just feel like something other than Pokemon, but it being its own unique entity flows through every orifice.

Seriously, I'm glad to see how far you've taken this project.

Thanks man, feel free to chime in here whenever, I can always use opinions on ideas and such :)

Love the sprites!

Though I personally think Zora, and the red Dodongo's backsprites could be made bigger.
    Just to match the Gen III / IV proportions (and the majority of your other backsprites)

Updated the Zora's backsprite, I ditched the arm wings though because I checked a Zora Link model from MM3D and they don't actually reach up that far from this angle. I also made minor edits to the Zora's front sprite.

sS259.jpg

EDIT: Again, I noticed things I need to edit AFTER posting lol... this literally happens with every sprite I post here. It'll look fine in MSPaint, but as soon as it's on PC I'll notice things I need to do. I need to make the flaps on the side of the frontsprite's head slightly thicker.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    The farther along this gets, the more and more it gets better and I get even more excited

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    All the sprites you're doing for this are amazing, like seriously.
    I can't wait to see more!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    Good work as always, you're a very talented spriter.
    Always happy to see the progress !

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Who new there would be someone with the potential to turn a Pokemon game into a full on Legend of Zelda... Mind boggling and Mind Blowing.

Danno

Years
  • I guess I failed to mention that I recently had to start redoing my tiles from the ground up... I'm making them work better with palette swapping where they can share the same tileset image between palettes... for reasons. -cough- You guys will see what I have planned at some point. In the meantime, check out the progress I'm making on the font. (The letters for the GBC Oracle games are very big by default, some of them are too big for Firered at all... which is more of a reason to try to decap everything, because there's no space between them and when it's capslocked the letters just meld together, but like this they look fairly okay. Also, I've only done the normal alphabet thus far, no punctuation or accented letters.)

Khs62.jpg

U4pkv.jpg
    ryGWt.jpg

Seeing it like that though, it kinda makes me want to go with the Link's Awakening font instead...
    Spoiler:

EDIT: And since there are 4 main fonts in Firered apparently, one of them can be this:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    I guess I failed to mention that I recently had to start redoing my tiles from the ground up... I'm making them work better with palette swapping where they can share the same tileset image between palettes... for reasons. -cough- You guys will see what I have planned at some point. In the meantime, check out the progress I'm making on the font. (The letters for the GBC Oracle games are very big by default, some of them are too big for Firered at all... which is more of a reason to try to decap everything, because there's no space between them and when it's capslocked the letters just meld together, but like this they look fairly okay. Also, I've only done the normal alphabet thus far, no punctuation or accented letters.)

Khs62.jpg

U4pkv.jpg
    ryGWt.jpg

Seeing it like that though, it kinda makes me want to go with the Link's Awakening font instead...
    Spoiler:

EDIT: And since there are 4 main fonts in Firered apparently, one of them can be this:
    Spoiler:

This all looks really great but personally I prefer the links awakening font

Danno

Years
  • The Link's awakening font actually looks pretty good. Though I kinda like a Link to the Past's font too..

I decided against having both, it'd make things look... weird... so I'm sticking with just the LA one. Also, I had to shrink a lot of the letters to fit to the size of the Firered letter boxes, so I'm sure the ALttP ones wouldn't work out that well.

Danno

Years
  • Decided to ditch the borders on the textboxes because it didn't look as authentic with the Link's Awakening font. Here're a few update screens:

m0jRi.jpg
    Xa5SP.jpg
    iovxF.jpg

I obviously still have a lot of work ahead of me, but things are moving along.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I like the textboxes, and I know you're trying to keep the text true to other games, but when I look at it its... uncomfortable? Like the size or perhaps the fact it's italics-y make it kind of hard to read.

Danno

Years
  • I like the textboxes, and I know you're trying to keep the text true to other games, but when I look at it its... uncomfortable? Like the size or perhaps the fact it's italics-y make it kind of hard to read.

It'll be much easier to read with any sort of bigger resolution.

Years
  • I agree, the italicisation makes it hard to read, and if a larger resolution is needed that may suggest something about its inherent design, particularly when the default FRLG font works fine at the same resolution. That said, the other fonts have a very odd kerning, too, so I'm not sure what to suggest. I could honestly suspend my disbelief with the FRLG font being kept, but I can respect your choice to try and make it more original. Maybe bring back the text shadows?

Danno

Years
  • I agree, the italicisation makes it hard to read, and if a larger resolution is needed that may suggest something about its inherent design. That said, the other fonts have a very odd kerning, too, so I'm not sure what to suggest. I could honestly suspend my disbelief with the FRLG font being kept, but I can respect your choice to try and make it more original. Maybe bring back the text shadows?

I changed all of the text palettes today to allow for those, as they were previously blacked out, and I considered it... the problem lies in the fact that these letters already take up the entire allotted space for the text character boxes, so adding shadows would have to widen them by one pixel per letter, along with figuring out how to re-space the letters in the textbox, which I really don't see myself being able to do.

EDIT: this is true for any of the Zelda fonts. I actually had to manually shrink all of the capital letters for them to fit as it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back