• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Off The Menu [Workshop]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • No pressure intended.

3e3.gif

o jeezum crow o golly garsh um

Every time I get this question I wanna say "soon" because the release always feels less than a week away for me, but then other things like work and revisions to the formula require a lot of my time. So while we're on the brink of release, and I have nearly finished my outline, I'm unsure of a precise time-frame: I don't want to make a specific date because I've done that in passing and it's just unrealistic to the amount of work I discover I need to do.

In the meantime, could I ask if there's anything you guys would like to see/do in missions/the RP?

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    In the meantime, could I ask if there's anything you guys would like to see/do in missions/the RP?

There should be a mission that invokes the Mushroom Samba trope and our characters are super high.

There should be a mission that parodies a musical, and my character is lead singer.

There should be a mission that concludes with an epic food fight.

There should be a mission where I'm actually in the RP as a disfigured Dusclops named Timothy and everybody has to praise me.

Also, take your time on actually releasing the final product. I still haven't done anything for anything, so you procrastinating gives me an excuse to shirk off work.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • o jeezum crow o golly garsh um
    You can take as long as you like if you keep making me laugh with gold like this plus Jongifs
    I want plenty of material for gossip, and to be gossiped about.

I want something involving discovering the contents of the Managerial Office but given how much you've built it up that's gotta be a given--

I want ~mysterious clue~ to appear on the Coat Check chalkboard, a foreshadowing or a threat or a clue for something we don't fully understand yet.

I wanna play a role in receiving guests in the Foyer.

I want something unusual discovered at the firepit from the view on the Patio Conservatory?! :0

I think I want to know more about the Chandelure bouncer.

And of course I want missions to appease/impress/serve important fatcats and celebrities in the Cigar Lounge, Patio, Dining Room.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    On the subject of missions, I'd love to actually go-all out with the Hell's Kitchen likenesses and have the cast attempt to satisfy patrons in the wake of some catastrophe that renders the actual kitchen staff unable to work with fem!Lombardi screaming at them the entire way.

Mushroom Samba is also a necessity. Someone commits sabotage by slipping their cohorts a little somethin'-somethin'? It's okay as long as we don't call it ecstasy

Cornered never got to the epic karaoke sess at FMN (lol Spirited Away, "open mic night", get effectively fucked, worst store) so I'm looking forward to spitting hot fiah sometime in the future for "Off the Menu" whether that's apart of a mission or otherwise.

I like the idea of involving the Coat Check chalkboard! Maybe its cryptic readings can become a recurring trend?

ordinaryOddball said:
    I think I want to know more about the Chandelure bouncer.
    giphy.gif

ayyy, you bet your sweet ass you doooo

But the REAL reason I want to notify you, Kiyo, is because I want to show you THIS:
    Spoiler:

THIS is what has been effectively completed regarding Cadbury the Second's glorious sign-up sheet!! The most important edition are the prompt responses to the right; hopefully the extra line height makes them easier to read despite the minuscule height of the text boxes. The second response in-particular may still have some spelling/wording errors, and I probably left a lot of American-ized spellings too—ex. "color" instead of "colour", "realize" instead of "realise"—so I'll definitely be going back to review it before I declare it entirely finished.

I've been working on those "letters" for about a week now and I'd be happy to hear your thoughts now that I'm in the homestretch! I've definitely got a good grasp on what kind of presence I want to plague Finer Things with. All that's left, really, is that background!

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
  • I want to show you THIS
    Ooh, I'll lend my thoughts! I'm no GM of course, but I'd still like to understand my co-workers in full!

Oops. I found an issue. This happens when I mouse over the image at left. The box appears way over there and the font colour is unreadable (I'm using Moon forum skin).

I think I preferred the image before filters applied, but that's subjective. Use which one you like, but I think the earlier one was more colourful and easier to read.

When you say, "The left head is majorly the one that speaks with an idiosyncratic accent indicative of a world of constant rain and royalty," do you mean our left or their left?

Am I to take it that Caddy is the dominant, active head? I assumed so at first given the top section of the profile, but reading the letters makes me think I may've been wrong... I think I personally would like to know more about how these two handle the phenomenon of being conjoined.

I'm afraid I don't understand Background. It's probably lack of context.

Hmmm, reading over this letter, I take it Caddy is someone who takes a job at a lower-class establishment like a sweets shop, far too seriously? Or is holding it to higher standards than anyone else in the place is? Eheheh.

Heck, the same could go for Burr really, sounds like. The letter on bottom gave me quite a few chuckles. G'job!!

Oh, I should ask: Which letter is from whom?

Typo spottin': "warm air would reach here"

As for the American spelling or not, either is fine really, as long as you keep it consistent throughout.

P.S. Your gender -- double-male -- is the homosexual symbol and I'm atwitter in infantile laughter.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    GOODIE
    Oops. I found an issue.
    RIP everything is terrible. I'll just change the font color later.

And I don't actually catch your drift regarding an "easier to read" image. The filters are actually the same as the one Kiyo's used and then I made it blue to match the color scheme of the overall post format. (Though I'm honestly falling out of love with the CSS I used; I'm moments away from redoing it.)
    ordinaryOddball said:
    When you say, "The left head is majorly the one that speaks with an idiosyncratic accent indicative of a world of constant rain and royalty," do you mean our left or their left?
    "How Can Mirrors Be Real When Our Eyes Aren't Real" -- Jaden Smith
    ordinaryOddball said:
    I'm afraid I don't understand Background. It's probably lack of context.
    All that's left, really, is that background!
    As in, the background isn't finished yet.
    ordinaryOddball said:
    Am I to take it that Caddy is the dominant, active head? I assumed so at first given the top section of the profile, but reading the letters makes me think I may've been wrong... I think I personally would like to know more about how these two handle the phenomenon of being conjoined.
    I mean, there's nothing really in the letters that suggests one is explicitly dominant over the other. I will say that Caddy is the most prominent of the two personalities; he's the only most Pokemon know about. Otherwise, the two just coexist. They have their own thought processes and conspire mentally.

I am glad you found the responses entertaining!
    ordinaryOddball said:
    As for the American spelling or not, either is fine really, as long as you keep it consistent throughout.
    No, no; Cadbury is """British""" so I want to maintain British spelling as a sort of quirk.
    ordinaryOddball said:
    P.S. Your gender -- double-male -- is the homosexual symbol and I'm atwitter in infantile laughter.
    Ayyy that's the kind of coincidence I can get behind! Cadbury will certainly be putting the "flake" in "99 Flake" if anyone in-particular catches his eye. ...is what I'd say sincerely if that's what "flake" actually meant but I've had this pun in-mind since forever and I sure as fuck ain't changing it just because I used one of the essential words incorrectly ahahah

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
  • I mean, there's nothing really in the letters that suggests one is explicitly dominant over the other.
    Oh, no, it wasn't the letters section I meant. Burr only gets a single line in the Confection Perfection section, compared to the full paragraph about Caddy. Caddy entirely dominates the Name section and tries to claim Burr doesn't exist. That's what gave me the impression Caddy is in some way dominant, or perhaps something darker than that.

I would like to know which letter was from Caddy and which from Burr, though. As well as who's on what side, which would help just with roleplaying narration. And visualization.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    RIP I realized I sent you like 6 different notifs too late. Usually I just do the "official" quoting method once and copy/paste other parts before wrapping them in
    tags. That's my bad, mane.

I would like to know which letter was from Caddy and which from Burr, though.
    That's for me to know and for you to deduce :^)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Answers to my question:
    Spoiler:

rbZYW.gif

hype hype HYPE

----- CSS.

Idk if this is your intended effect, but this is how I'm seeing your SU on my PC:

Spoiler:

The "Cadbury" does not look as if it's in the right place. If this name-image-thing isn't working, I think you can do without it.

----- Appearance and Gender.

By "diamond bowtie," do you mean something like (this)? This is "diamond-tip" style, and I'm curious purely for mental image reasons versus actual criticism.

The two heads are mentioned having ties that have "one stripe of x and one stripe of y," and I'm imagining them like (this). Am I correct?

Ordball sa pleci dar nu-ma said:
    Your gender is the homosexual symbol and I'm atwitter in infantile laughter
    Disclosed said:
    that's the kind of coincidence I can get behind!

lrd.gif

----- Serving Size.

I love this section; it clearly encompasses both species and a little extra somethin'-somethin' for us to chew on as well as answers practical questions, and your response to Ordball's question about who's the "dominant personality" and the semantics of that are tied up beautifully. But one thing:
    Ordball's making his way downtown said:
    do you mean our left or their left?
    Disclosed's walking fast said:
    pretentious jaden smith quote
    Quips aside, I think that's a legitimate question that needs to be answered. I'm assuming Cadbury's left (even though the deviantart image in the su depicts the straw-headed "right one" on the Vanilluxe's left RIP.)

----- Background

Ordball funk gonna give it to ya said:
    I'm afraid I don't understand Background.

079bb8b7884ec9a00a987d438c4fea97.gif

Excited to see it when you do make it!

----- Prompt.

Ordball's so gay said:
    Which letter is from whom?
    Disclosed doesn't even like boys said:
    That's for me to know and for you to deduce

I'd say it's pretty obvious that the top "white" one is Caddy and the bottom "black" one is Burr. Both prompts are absolutely stellar - their idiosyncrasies in telling the same story really show who they are and how they'll be played (love how they're subtly the inverse of eachother: Caddy's more articulate but his tendency to talk in circles leads to unspecific alluding and defensive behavior, while Burr is obsessively specific but buries the story under confusing jargon.) I am overwhelmingly excited to see the two personalities in action!

Oh, and be sure to PM me ideas about Cadbury's Secret when you get the chance/make one.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yo, I was like "Where the fuck is my reply, he posted at 4". There he is! It's Cool Cat!
    Who's Kiyote? said:
    Idk if this is your intended effect...
    Kek. Obviously it isn't. I'll fix it, I'll fix it.
    Who's Kiyonnaise? said:
    The two heads are mentioned having ties that have "one stripe of x and one stripe of y," and I'm imagining them like... Am I correct?
    Long answer: They're mandated accessories whose precise design matters far less than general details that are telling in their own right. The fact that they're bowties in-general, for example: a technically-formal article usually viewed as being indicative of a "nerdier", "goofier", or otherwise "more approachable" person.

Short answer: Yeah.
    Who's Kiyomama? said:
    Quips aside, I think that's a legitimate question that needs to be answered.
    It literally IS NOT. When I say "left", what is your immediate assumption? Do I have to say the fucking "west-most" head? THE HEAD WITH THE DRIPPING MOUTH, THE SAME HEAD DESCRIBED AS "LEFT-HEAD" IN THE SCROLL-OVER APPEARANCE.
    Who's Kiyoyoma? said:
    I'd say it's pretty obvious that the top "white" one is Caddy and the bottom "black" one is Burr. Both prompts are absolutely stellar - their idiosyncrasies in telling the same story really show who they are and how they'll be played (love how they're subtly the inverse of eachother: Caddy's more articulate but his tendency to talk in circles leads to unspecific alluding and defensive behavior, while Burr is obsessively specific but buries the story under confusing jargon.)
    Tbh, the differentiation didn't really matter, especially from their standpoint—they're one in the same.

But gah-llly, I sure am garsh darn glad you liked them. Making them foils to one another was pretty much expectant but they also have many elements in common! Or, at least in my head they do. I would say Burr's recollection is the more dependable one because it actually isa recollection while Caddy's is just a tirade incited by the recent event. At the same time, Burr does start cutting corners near the end. He can quote entire lyrics from a song he doesn't even care for but not recollect anything he may have seen to Delphine...? (also wow no mention of the Sam reference, did you even read smh)

I'm super excited to bring Cadbury to life as well, both because of the role I intend for him to play—the itch that poor, insecure, teenage Rina failed to effectively scratch—as well as grinning madly at all the presumptions you all will inevitably make about how they really are...!

I'll send you the secret now. Better than later, eh?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • It's Cool Cat!

flying_cat.gif

They're mandated accessories whose precise design matters far less than general details

ffs just an aesthetic question omg who hurt u

It literally IS NOT.

so caddy is on cadbury's right and burr is on cadbury's left as depicted okay thx

wow no mention of the Sam reference, did you even read

I totally got it, but if I pointed to everything I liked or chuckled at I would have to quote the whole prompt. Especially the part about the curtains and the brothel. Help me.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
  • Disclosed said:
    Otherwise, the two just coexist. They have their own thought processes and conspire mentally.

Caddy: "You keep mentioning this 'Burr' guy like he has any relation to me. I've never heard that name in my life."
    Oddball said:
    Caddy tries to claim Burr doesn't exist. (correction: He's never heard his name before. I was perhaps using hyperbole.)
    I'm confused how both of these points can be true. They appear contradictory as currently written.

Sorry to harp, but this seems like a critical/focal point of the character, so I want to make sure everyone's on the same page about how it works in your character.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    ffs just an aesthetic question omg who hurt u
    tumblr_lsxdm7yONC1qbplir.gif

I REBUKE THE PEDANTIC

Who's Kiyo said:
    I totally got it, but if I pointed to everything I liked or chuckled at I would have to quote the whole prompt.
    and wouldn't that just be dreadful

I don't mean to sound like a total salt queen but, honestly, if I gave someone the assignment of writing something and he/she got back to me with what he'd/she'd written, I'd want to show them not just that I read it or even that I liked or disliked what I'd been given, but that I got something from it, that whatever I wrote had an impact and here in-particularly was what left said impact. If it didn't leave an impact, if it all sounded artistic and meaningful but, thinking back, you can't recollect a single interesting sentence or phrase, that's enlightening; I'll be forced to go deeper and get better. I know, in my writings, I like to incorporate a lot of smaller, subtler details that aren't there solely to entertain me. I laugh occasionally at things I write because I'm envisioning how other people will react to them when they're discovered. I want to entertain my audience above anything else! It matters a lot to know that I have an audience at all. So, no grievances, but I am a little disappointed that you'd think it "inappropriate", in some manner, to just quote everything that stood out in your mind, good or bad.

I think one of the main detriments of the Roleplay Theatre, at least from a writer's standpoint, is that no one really has an obligation to read a lot of what people create here. Unless they're the posts directly linked to yours--and that may not even include every post in a particular roleplay, mind you--or they're ones thought up by your friend who is constantly pestering you outside of the forums about, you can easily overlook most else. It all culminates in making writing here appear to be an extraneous task, just an accessory to socializing, and I know people can get plenty of fulfillment in their established friend group, but as someone who loves writing to the extent that I want to excel and possibly prosper off of it in some fashion, I need people to read what I've written. Otherwise, everything I do here is a time sink, really; I guess I just like getting something out of my past times. My main point is this, though: I personally prosper from more than just acknowledgement and compliments because I want to feel as if what I do matters. I believe it would be best for everyone if both game masters and players went out of their way to read and comment upon the works of their peers.

...looks like squeezed another strong opinion out of me; I tried to organize my thoughts but it'll likely still come across as a rant, just, hopefully, not an accusatory one.
    I'm confused how both of these points can be true. They appear contradictory as currently written.
    They're not contradictory; you took Caddy's words to heart. From his letter, Caddy was made out to be an unreliable narrator (or at least I hope he came across that way). I think it'll all make more sense with the closure after the background portion which I didn't include since... it looked better after the background portion, I guess, lol. Probably should've waited to incorporate everything in one fell swoop, in retrospect.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ech

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • total salt queen rant

giphy.gif

lol in honesty, I'm glad you brought this up!

I will, however, ask that you don't mistake my lack of commentary for a lack of care or awareness of detail - as you pointed out, I posted something else at 4 and finally posted my response to this at 7 - I spent a good amount of time reading and sifting through your SU for any perceived errors or discrepancies that I thought relevant or outlying. In fact, it means the opposite: I'm very satisfied with what you've written, to the point where I don't have much to contest, and to boot my post was getting incredibly long as it was. I read everything because that's one of things I love doing, and I hope you don't misconstrue my response with a lack of caring on my part.

But you make a very earnest and incredibly important point, and I personally feel as if I'm guilty of that kind of behavior regardless and should be making more of a conscious effort to follow the model you proposed, especially since OTM is meant to break a lot of counterproductive trends regarding the social operation of the subforum. I'll make more of a conscious effort in my game mastering to really involve myself with the stories that transpire in an outspoken manner and cultivate a likewise environment of investment between players. I particularly like the line you said about posts being "an accessory to socializing," when they should be the main focus of what we're doing here. Honestly, thank you, I think this is something we all need to read and remember.

pth, pth, pth was my father a motherfucking thesaurus calm down captain vocabulary

They appear contradictory
    I chime in: haven't you people ever heard of said:
    you took Caddy's words to heart

I totally got the "unreliable narrator" vibe from Caddy! I think your prompt really speaks for itself when Burr is the one who actually describes the event in full comprehensive detail, and Caddy can't even bring himself to say his name as "the manager who's leaving" until the very end, as if the resignation letter is in reference to someone else entirely and there's supposed to be this fanciful "grand twist" of said manager being himself. In fact, I love how Caddy's letter gives the impression that he simply left because he couldn't bare to live with the social differences between him and the disrespectful teenagers he works with at the sweet shop and Burr ends up pulling off an actual twist about them having, essentially, assaulted someone who simply wanted to visit an evidently important person at the hospital. Really details how callous and self-serving the Caddy-half can be, where he completely fails to mention anything regarding this incident and focuses on his embittered feelings or showing compassion/remorse.

The way I've been perceiving the duo is that they're technically two halves of the same person -- and while in their head they coexist and perhaps make decisions together, possibly even as one consciousness, the "Caddy" personality wishes to be the outspoken one or doesn't want people to form relationships/actively know there's a second personality, or perhaps Caddy is forcing co-dependence or controlling the "Burr" half?

I think the basic point is, just because Burr may be quiet or Caddy does what he can to be discreet about Burr's autonomy, that doesn't mean Burr has any less control; Burr isn't just an extension or annex of the Caddy half.

But that's just my speculation, if I'm picking up what's being put down.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    what have i wrought
    ...I hope you don't misconstrue my response with a lack of caring on my part.
    I think that's a point my pillar of salt failed somewhat to account for was the feeling that what you've read isn't worthy of being criticized which is WROOONG IN MY CASE BECAUSE I FORGOT TO ITALICIZE THE SONG LYRICS AND FUCKED EVERYTHING UP, but consider still: not all commentary on a piece of writing needs to be constructive criticism. Simply bringing into focus an observed moment or theme can enlighten a writer on what he/she may or may not have wanted or simply boost his/her massive, Jauntier-sized ego (which is a good thing, probably, because then he'll/she'll write more and be more confident in branching out and writing about different things, etc.) which i probably already said didn't iBUT you gotta give da proof, physical proof baby, gotta win my love

omg he liked it so much i'm so happy
    cicaro-guy likes what i wrote
    aaah
    BUT MAKE POSTS LONGER, NOT EXCUSES
    Who's Kiyo said:
    But you make a very earnest and incredibly important point, and I personally feel as if I'm guilty of that kind of behavior regardless and should be making more of a conscious effort to follow the model you proposed, especially since OTM is meant to break a lot of counterproductive trends regarding the social operation of the subforum. I'll make more of a conscious effort in my game mastering to really involve myself with the stories that transpire in an outspoken manner and cultivate a likewise environment of investment between players. I particularly like the line you said about posts being "an accessory to socializing," when they should be the main focus of what we're doing here. Honestly, thank you, I think this is something we all need to read and remember.
    OMG I'm so glad, anyone can make a difference.

I think some residual guilt from IIS fueled much of what I wrote above. I read the prompt responses and thought they were great but it felt "wrong" to show that I had; I think it was that idea I just mentioned of feeling like everything I mentioned needed to be constructive and, otherwise, it was purposeless, but after deeper analysis, the more I said, the better it would've been.

But, fuck yeah, I liked your line that I bolded. VIVA LA RÉVOLUTION, BABY. Let's snap this place in fucking half.

I'll make it a goal to get involved and invested as a game master once I take a dig at it again (in case I don't want to look like a HYPOCRITE AGAIN, HA HA HA). You gotta bring the best out of your players, y'know? I can definitely see you doing that, Kiyo. You've got SPIRIT

i am an inspiration to all

how did you know i recently got engaged to freedictionary.com
    Kiyo's Who? said:
    I totally got the "unreliable narrator" vibe from Caddy!

The way I've been perceiving the duo is that they're technically two halves of the same person -- and while in their head they coexist and perhaps make decisions together, possibly even as one consciousness, the "Caddy" personality wishes to be the outspoken one or doesn't want people to form relationships/actively know there's a second personality, or perhaps Caddy is forcing co-dependence or controlling the "Burr" half?
    AHAHAHAHAH
    AHAHWHAHAHHAHEHH

SEE KIYO THE WAY YOU DESCRIBE EVERYTHING MAKES ME FEEL IMPORTANT

AHAHAHA ALL OF THESE OBSERVATIONS, THE PART ABOUT HIM BEING SELF-SERVING, AAAH! It's all going to come together! I promise! The nature behind Caddy and Burr's relationship is something I'm ecstatic to explore in-character and the fact that you're already speculating off the bat is fantastic!

Burr is definitely passive in the presence of his "other half", that's for sure. They'll bicker and banter plenty but, ultimately, it's Burr who'll take the fall for Caddy every time. He's allowed himself to be belittled to Caddy's "sidekick".

Nooo, but Caddy just wanted respect.

I don't know what else I'd like to say in the midst of this glory but I will mention that Burr's off-kilter comments like "this is a reflection of my meticulous nature" are intended to be a reflection of my thoughts; i.e., I'd include a detail about him being regretful about leaving the bathroon a mess when he booked it to reflect his compulsion to keep things clean. ...i honestly can't remember why, there was some deeper meaning to why he breaks the fourth wall and understands he's a charcter, but's almost 2:30 here, i'm going to die of exhaustion alone and unaccomplished, lol

I'm deteriorating.

To conclude this ELECTRIFYING evening, here's the updated CSS I was pressuring myself to make:
    Spoiler:

idk i think it's cute
    i better, too, bc i'm never spending this much time on CSS again. if i ever make another app like Cadbury's it will use the exact same format and i will just change the image, the colors and the music.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • not all commentary on a piece of writing needs to be constructive criticism

I like this quote so much I might put it in the OP somewhere. I'm glad I'm getting the swing of it; it was part of the intention in my last post to really exercise the behavior you were talking about since I'm trying to redeem myself for being nothin' but a Houndoom

there was some deeper meaning to why he breaks the fourth wall

Are you implying Burr is secretly Kuzco.

tumblr_mun6413Z9q1si3tc1o1_500.gif

here's the updated CSS

100% improvement, and it's consistent on both my phone and PC. Your hard work shows, it's much more organized and visually appealing while being economical; a word that tickles the shit out of my fancy. are you okay tho do you need some water babe

While I'm at it, I'll comment on how much of a dick Cadbury is with that name section. "Sweetie." Absolutely delicious condescension.

Looking forward to your background! :)​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I like this quote so much I might put it in the OP somewhere.
    tf you already quoted me with the moves
    let Ech say something smart-sounding
    speaking of which where is his sign-up tf

Maybe when our characters are tripping balls, Burr will "transform" into a llama.

YOU AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A Kiyo said:
    100% improvement, and it's consistent on both my phone and PC. Your hard work shows, it's much more organized and visually appealing while being economical; a word that tickles the shit out of my fancy.
    (clarifies definition of "economical")
    Damn boi that is a good word

But I'm glad it shows up fine for you! It looks jacked up from my perspective; I think it's because of the 100% zoom onto the page + the spoiler? Without the latter, I presume it'll function just fine.
    Who's Caillou? said:
    While I'm at it, I'll comment on how much of a dick Cadbury is with that name section. "Sweetie." Absolutely delicious condescension.
    Mmm, sweetheart. He's going to be terrible. Also "delicious", I saw what you did there you sick fuck, he wouldn't even taste good[/i]

The background is definitely coming this week! Maybe Tuesday? Regardless, thanks for everything, man!!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • M'kay, every time I touch the Intrigue Plots, the more they change and mutate on me, and when I come up with missions for them I'm either like "what the hell, this is so lead-by-the-nose where is the interactivity" or "holy shit this would make a great mission!" So, as much as I like the concept, I think some of the ideas are better spent enriching the main stew and story of the RP.

That being said, for others -- you guys flinging around that "ominous chalkboard" idea got me thinking. What if, in the Intrigue's place, there was a "Betting Pool?" It'd be run by PJ Clarke of course, and it would be a series of extra dares. I feel like this idea retains the challenge of discovery (as they wouldn't be easy, obviously, and opens it up more to playing with Player Secrets) and competition that I wanted to do with the Intrigues. There are a few models this could follow:

* There are 2/3 new objectives revealed every hour from a set list (undiscovered ones can be alluded to in their own secretive way) and can be finished any time after they're introduced.
    * There's 1/2 "must complete within the hour" mission(s); I'm not really sure I'm super into this model, since it sounds like a clusterfuck with six people trying to accomplish the same mission on top of their chosen one.
    * Players can submit bets to be put up every hour, allowing their creativity to enter into this concept.

I'm thinking that, to retain the spirit of the Intrigue Plots, that completing these objectives (and in certain ways) will change the RP's ending.

Alternatively, this concept can be the thesis to the RP itself, allowing more edgy gameplay when approaching the missions. Like, you can choose a mission, but you're given a dare on top of your duties that's kept secret from everyone else (more like Cornered in this way, come to think.) Or, alternatively alternatively, missions are kinda more like dares (allowing you to report to a chalkboard to get new missions every hour, in-character crossing them off when you accept them) and the players are more playing a game during that particular night whether they want to or not; I think this last idea really opens up for a lot of mischief to take place and is more in the spirit of sabotage and secret-mongering.

Pardon me for the thought vomit, I'd just love to bounce notions on this ... general concept and how we can develop it. After toiling away on the structure and ideas for Intrigue Plots I'm really starving for simplicity.​

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
  • After toiling away on the structure and ideas for Intrigue Plots I'm really starving for simplicity.​
    Huh. Really? Everything about the Betting Pool sounds more complicated to me, personally. I can't really grasp what you're trying to communicate in this post, sadly, while the Intrigue Plots seemed fairly simple (or at least mostly hidden behind the GM curtain).

I can't see the servers taking time out of the most important evening in recent employment history (in terms of getting paid) to play games/dares. I can see them react and respond and deal with intrigue plots that occur throughout the night as the result of what's going on with customers.

These are my impressions. I'll defer to whatever you guys wanna do as long as you can phrase it in a way I can understand.

Back