• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi. First of all, nice work. This is great for the community and I think we are all thankfull.
    So the thing is, I downloaded the online version of the drive,and tried to follow the "citra instalation" guide, but im stuck at part 3. I downloaded LunaIPS, but when I went to "apply IPS Patch" the online version rom didn't have the file mentioned in the guide. In the WY online version folder there is no "code.ips" file, and in the x version there is a "code.bin" file, the problem with this is that LunarIPS doesnt want to work with a fila that is not IPS.

What can I do?

Hey, thanks! You can just skip the IPS patch step (the code.bin is already patched, so continue as if you'd patched it). I don't really update the online version as it's a bit of a mess; it was thrown together quickly for a few people who requested it, and I never got around to making patches for its code.bin files. I think the rest of the guide will still be accurate for it though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2019
    Hello. Thank you for this great work. I'm enjoying myself with this game all over again. As I've read your previous reply to juanelp about the online version. I too am having a problem tho it's with wilting y. I am for some reason running into the exclusive pokemon from pokemon x instead of y. Is that intended or did I mess up the installation. I redid the installation for the online version of wilting y but still experience the same problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello. Thank you for this great work. I'm enjoying myself with this game all over again. As I've read your previous reply to juanelp about the online version. I too am having a problem tho it's with wilting y. I am for some reason running into the exclusive pokemon from pokemon x instead of y. Is that intended or did I mess up the installation. I redid the installation for the online version of wilting y but still experience the same problem.
    Hey, thanks! Glad you're enjoying the hack. It seems there were wild Pokemon files mistakenly included with the online versions, and both were from X. I've removed them entirely so that should be fixed now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    Howdy! First off, thanks for being so active on this thread, this is amazing. Loving the hack! Second, I'm building a full team for Sky Battles (birds'n'bugs'n'everything else that flies) so I'd love a Gliscor, but I was wondering if the Razor Fang is available earlier than the endgame. Lucked into an Impish Immunity Gligar on like my third try, and it'll be a killer with Eviolite, but I'd love some Poison Heal antics ASAP. Do any wild Pokemon carry it? Got my Compound Eyes/Thief Vivillon at the ready but it seems Gligars don't have any.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Howdy! First off, thanks for being so active on this thread, this is amazing. Loving the hack! Second, I'm building a full team for Sky Battles (birds'n'bugs'n'everything else that flies) so I'd love a Gliscor, but I was wondering if the Razor Fang is available earlier than the endgame. Lucked into an Impish Immunity Gligar on like my third try, and it'll be a killer with Eviolite, but I'd love some Poison Heal antics ASAP. Do any wild Pokemon carry it? Got my Compound Eyes/Thief Vivillon at the ready but it seems Gligars don't have any.

Hey, happy to hear you're enjoying the hack! I don't think I added Razor Fangs to any wild Pokemon, but they can be purchased in the Coumarine city mart, so you won't have to wait too long to get Gliscor.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2020
    Hey, so I followed the instructions for the Legal version but it seems the hack wasn't applied correctly: the first encounter was a Pidgey and the first store is selling Poke Balls. I'm on Citra. I pulled up an older save file, and the trainers were still higher leveled but that was the only change I could tell. What could be going wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, so I followed the instructions for the Legal version but it seems the hack wasn't applied correctly: the first encounter was a Pidgey and the first store is selling Poke Balls. I'm on Citra. I pulled up an older save file, and the trainers were still higher leveled but that was the only change I could tell. What could be going wrong?
    Hey, do you have the title update for XY installed? It overrides all of the things that aren't working for you, so if you do have it installed, uninstall it and the hack should work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2020
    No, the title update isn't installed (or at least I haven't explicitly installed it and I'm not sure how to check), which is why it's weird.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2020
    If I want to battle just my friend online and not use any of the other online features, will i still have to get the online version? or can i use any of the versions. How about if I wanted to do battle maison with a friend? can any version work or do I have to use the online version?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Never mind, Citra just automatically keeps the update unless you manually delete the folder.
    Ah okay, is everything working now?
    If I want to battle just my friend online and not use any of the other online features, will i still have to get the online version? or can i use any of the versions. How about if I wanted to do battle maison with a friend? can any version work or do I have to use the online version?
    The game won't connect to the online services without the latest update, which doesn't work properly with the hack. If you don't want to use the online version I'd suggest disabling game patching in luma's settings menu and downloading the update when you want to go online. It's a bit of a hassle, but the hack doesn't alter the maison or online features at all so you won't miss anything.
    Since i had a lot of fun with your hack, I think this is deserved:

http://prntscr.com/qb3i0y

Please people, vote for this hack !
    Oh wow, thanks! Not sure how well my hack stacks up against the more complex GBA hacks here, but I appreciate the nomination all the same.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Playing through your game for a... 3rd? 4th? time as part of a nuzlocke challenge, just thought I'd point a few things I noticed out!

Document Fixes/Additions:

"All trade evolution inducing items, except for Metal Coats (these are held by the usual Pokémon), will sometimes be held by the Pokémon that require them to evolve."

Potential Revision:
    "Metal Coats have a 55% chance to be found on wild Beldum and Magneton.
    All other trade evolution items will have a 50-55% chance to be held by the Pokemon line. that needs them."

(Notes: only Beldum and Magneton are encounterable in the game according to docs. Specify them by name, instead of "the usual Pokemon," as Beldum is NOT usual for XY, and making people have to look elsewhere for the information is kinda annoying. Clarify the chance of them holding one, like every other item. Specify 'Pokemon line' as the original wording makes it sound like only Seadra can hold Dragon Scales, not Horsea, which isn't true.)

Bugs / Suggestions

Possibly make Metal Coats a bit more accessible early on? The only way to get them anywhere before gym 6 is from wild Beldum, which only have a 5% encounter rate in a single portion of Reflection Cave. Maybe give the 20% Klinks (also in Reflection Cave) the chance to hold them instead, to make them a little bit easier to track down. Not happy to have to hunt so much to evolve my Onix, but I'm just glad they're available pre-Valerie lol

According to pk3ds, Rhyhorn can't be found holding a Protector. Only Rhydon can, and it's not even encounterable :(

Thanks for all the work put into these btw! Still loving both of your games, even if I haven't been able to beat Photonic Sun as a nuzlocke yet. Mark my words though, I will beat it some day.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Playing through your game for a... 3rd? 4th? time as part of a nuzlocke challenge, just thought I'd point a few things I noticed out!

Document Fixes/Additions:

"All trade evolution inducing items, except for Metal Coats (these are held by the usual Pokémon), will sometimes be held by the Pokémon that require them to evolve."

Potential Revision:
    "Metal Coats have a 55% chance to be found on wild Beldum and Magneton.
    All other trade evolution items will have a 50-55% chance to be held by the Pokemon line. that needs them."

(Notes: only Beldum and Magneton are encounterable in the game according to docs. Specify them by name, instead of "the usual Pokemon," as Beldum is NOT usual for XY, and making people have to look elsewhere for the information is kinda annoying. Clarify the chance of them holding one, like every other item. Specify 'Pokemon line' as the original wording makes it sound like only Seadra can hold Dragon Scales, not Horsea, which isn't true.)

Bugs / Suggestions

Possibly make Metal Coats a bit more accessible early on? The only way to get them anywhere before gym 6 is from wild Beldum, which only have a 5% encounter rate in a single portion of Reflection Cave. Maybe give the 20% Klinks (also in Reflection Cave) the chance to hold them instead, to make them a little bit easier to track down. Not happy to have to hunt so much to evolve my Onix, but I'm just glad they're available pre-Valerie lol

According to pk3ds, Rhyhorn can't be found holding a Protector. Only Rhydon can, and it's not even encounterable :(

Thanks for all the work put into these btw! Still loving both of your games, even if I haven't been able to beat Photonic Sun as a nuzlocke yet. Mark my words though, I will beat it some day.

Thanks, I'm glad you're getting so much replayability out of my hacks! Really makes all the work put into them worthwhile.

I'll definitely add something to the docs about that and revise the evolution item locations/rates next time I update the games. If all goes well the next one will include some light script editing, so you'll be able to find most of them in item balls anyway. In the meantime you can find Metal Coats on wild Bronzor 100% of the time (the rates in pk3DS don't add up directly in game; if the 50% and 5% slots are the same item, that becomes a 100% chance), and they're a fairly common encounter in part of Reflection Cave. The only Protector before post game is the one in the Lost Hotel, but I could make it available earlier too.

Best of luck with your Nuzlockes! I haven't even attempted to Nuzlocke Photonic Sun, might have to give it a try next run.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    Really enjoying this hack! I also played through PSPM and enjoyed that one as well. I was wondering, is there any way to obtain Wynaut in this game? I scanned through the documentation and couldn't find it, and since the incense stand in Coumarine City has been replaced with mega stones, there's no way to get a lax incense in order to breed wobbuffet. It's very possible I'm just missing something, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Thanks, I'm glad you're getting so much replayability out of my hacks! Really makes all the work put into them worthwhile.

I'll definitely add something to the docs about that and revise the evolution item locations/rates next time I update the games. If all goes well the next one will include some light script editing, so you'll be able to find most of them in item balls anyway. In the meantime you can find Metal Coats on wild Bronzor 100% of the time (the rates in pk3DS don't add up directly in game; if the 50% and 5% slots are the same item, that becomes a 100% chance), and they're a fairly common encounter in part of Reflection Cave. The only Protector before post game is the one in the Lost Hotel, but I could make it available earlier too.

Best of luck with your Nuzlockes! I haven't even attempted to Nuzlocke Photonic Sun, might have to give it a try next run.

Oh, thats good to know then! Glad I'll be able to get Steelix much easier. That mon has carried me through four Drayano hacks, so I'm hoping he'll put in equal work this run.
    Also nice to know about the 100% hold rate, and script editing sounds exciting! Heard that's difficult for the 3ds games.

I've only really attempted a Photonic Sun nuzlocke once so far. Tbh I was actually doing pretty well, until a random trainer's Porygon-Z killed almost my entire team right before the ghost trial.. I kinda ragequit, since it ended up not only killing my planned counter to Mimikyu, but also the Zoroark I planned to use to for Ultra Necrozma. Regret not trying to rebuild and push on tbh. The game's brutal- harder than EXWY Rebalanced, I'd say, though neither are a walk in the park by any means. Good luck if you do try it yourself!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Really enjoying this hack! I also played through PSPM and enjoyed that one as well. I was wondering, is there any way to obtain Wynaut in this game? I scanned through the documentation and couldn't find it, and since the incense stand in Coumarine City has been replaced with mega stones, there's no way to get a lax incense in order to breed wobbuffet. It's very possible I'm just missing something, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Thanks! I think it's still unobtainable; I meant to make the incenses available as held items on wild Pokemon but either forgot to do it or didn't upload that change. I'll get a fix for that up tonight.
    EDIT: that's now fixed, lax incense will be held by every wild Wobbuffet encountered.

Oh, thats good to know then! Glad I'll be able to get Steelix much easier. That mon has carried me through four Drayano hacks, so I'm hoping he'll put in equal work this run.
    Also nice to know about the 100% hold rate, and script editing sounds exciting! Heard that's difficult for the 3ds games.

I've only really attempted a Photonic Sun nuzlocke once so far. Tbh I was actually doing pretty well, until a random trainer's Porygon-Z killed almost my entire team right before the ghost trial.. I kinda ragequit, since it ended up not only killing my planned counter to Mimikyu, but also the Zoroark I planned to use to for Ultra Necrozma. Regret not trying to rebuild and push on tbh. The game's brutal- harder than EXWY Rebalanced, I'd say, though neither are a walk in the park by any means. Good luck if you do try it yourself!
    Hopefully the buffs Steelix got were enough! From what I understand someone recently figured out how to get edited scripts to work, and they made a script/map editor so it shouldn't be too hard. Worst case it'll be a bit of hex editing and copying existing scripts to see how they work.

Yeah I might have gone a bit overboard with the random trainers in Photonic Sun, by that point in the game most of them are using EV trained teams, which they couldn't do in EXWY.

EDIT: I've also updated the docs and made the Protector available on wild Rhyhorn.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    Thanks! I think it's still unobtainable; I meant to make the incenses available as held items on wild Pokemon but either forgot to do it or didn't upload that change. I'll get a fix for that up tonight.
    EDIT: that's now fixed, lax incense will be held by every wild Wobbuffet encountered.

Got it. Thanks!

Back