• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #10 - Are you getting them at release or are you waiting until Crystal comes out (maybe never?) and which version are you picking?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Poll #10! (sorry about the delay...)

cUIoFF.gif

So, will you get these games straight at launch? Or are you going to wait until Crystal possibly releases? Or do you have some other reason to not get them at launch? Which version would you pick if all three games becomes available to you?

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I'm hoping to get both Gold and Silver on the day of their launch or shortly afterwards. Just have to get enough funds loaded into my eShop account via the prepaid cards. :p

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I'm gonna wait. If crystal never comes out, fine, but I have bigger priorities ATM.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I'm downloading it as soon as it comes out. I'm getting Silver because Lugia! If Crystal comes out, I'll drop Silver and play Crystal, though I'll have probably beaten Silver by then.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Im getting them day one have been waiting for them since RBY on vs was relased, and i dont think crystal will come sadly, but i do like the orginals better then HGSS mostly because the music

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Getting both of them now. Well, not now, but in less than a month... holy wow it's less than a month!! I will be getting Crystal too eventually so dw about that :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'll wait for Crystal. I hope lots of people buy and support GS's VC release, but I have an atrociously long backlog of games to play; I won't be able to get Crystal and Silver, so I'll have to skip out on Silver.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
I'm a real sucker and will buy both Gold and Silver on or not too long after release (depending on if I remember lol).

If Crystal comes out at some stage, there's no doubt I'll hop onto that pretty quickly aswell

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
It depends, if they didn't change anything about gold or silver, I would probably get crystal. I actually never got the chance to play crystal, and since you get to be a girl in it, I would really prefer it, unless the other games add gender choice, but they probably won't seeing as how for red, blue, and yellow they only added internet access.

blue

gucci
Years
I'll probably get Silver at launch because I know they're most likely not going to be releasing Crystal anytime soon. If they planned to this year then they would've announced it by now, or better yet along with the announcement of Gold & Silver.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I'm getting Gold the moment it releases. Crystal can take a hike.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'll probably grab Silver since I never played either one as I only had Crystal. I'm pretty stoked about them!

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I'm getting Gold at launch and I might get Crystal as well if it ever comes out. Although, the only reasons I can think of for me wanting Crystal as well is to play as a girl and to get a shiny from that egg you get from the daycare couple.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Not sure at launch (depends on my funds), but I'll definitely get them once I can. I'd prefer to own Crystal as cartridge so even if it'd come out as VC, I might not get it.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I'm gonna wait. If crystal never comes out, fine, but I have bigger priorities ATM.

I'm in the same boat. I feel that Crystal is like that ignored child in the family,
and I really like getting to play as a girl. Plus, Kris is one of my favourite protags, so yeah.

At the same time, I have a lot of other things to do and games to play. I'll just wait and see, maybe I'll change my mind later, but for now, I'm cool with being patient.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm undecided. My friend may or may not have hacked my 3DS to allow play of them already, including Crystal. :V Meanwhile I'm busy so i may have to wait a bit before actually claiming them

If they release them on the Switch when it finally gets a virtual console I'll put down money no questions asked.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
uhhh i'm getting one on each of my 3DSes, aside from the one i don't use a lot. and if they do add crystal, i'll probably buy it on my N3DS.

Years
Maybe getting these a bit after release, I want them but admittedly I'm not paying attention to when they're actually coming out.

Gonna be Gold all the way. Might pick up Silver eventually, but I have this weird thing where I don't like playing it as much because it's not "my" version (I had Gold when I was younger, while my sister had Silver).

And if they somehow release Crystal ..... well, I'll pick that up as well regardless of whatever else I get, since I never had a chance to play it and would like to do so.

Back