• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] Survey question : The best one?

The Best One?

• Magnezone

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Garchomp

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Excadrill

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bisharp

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Volcarona

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Corviknight

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBloodyKrieg

I'm on a highway to hell.
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Hello. I am making a themed Pokemon team (for fun), but I need help.
    Which of these Pokemon is the better one among them?
    Magnezone, Garchomp, Excadrill, Bisharp, Volcarona or Corviknight?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Hello. I am making a themed Pokemon team (for fun), but I need help.

The best one for what exactly? The best one as in my personal favorite of the bunch, or the best one for a certain type of strategy? If the latter, exactly what do you plan on using the Pokémon for? Each of those Pokémon can do different things.

Years
    • Seen today
    There is no best Pokémon. All of those can be amazing or awful depending on their movesets, stats, build, strategies, what you put them against, and so on.

Magnezone is a great example of a Pokémon that can wreak havok, or can get one-shoted with zero effort depending on what it has in front of it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Out of those, I'd say Volcarona. If you can get in a Quiver Dance and then sweep with STAB (same type attack bonus) bug and fire moves, it can be quite destructive. It also learns Roost for healing. Sadly, it's defense is low. Every Pokémon has its pros and cons.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Hello. I am making a themed Pokemon team (for fun), but I need help.

While I can't tell you exactly what the best is, I can tell you what role each Pokémon excels at the most.

Magnezone: Steel-trapping with Magnet Pull - Prevents Pokémon like Skarmory, Celesteela, and Corvinknight from escaping and absolutely murders them. Can also break walls with its high Special Attack, and is great in Trick Room. (Break walls means to use high offensive stats to KO Pokémon with high defenses, thus countering Pokémon that stall).

Garchomp - One of the best physical sweepers you could possibly use. (Physical sweeper refers to a high Speed and high Attack Pokémon that can KO an entire team).

Exacdrill - Stealth Rock setter, Rapid Spinner, and/or fast physical sweeper in the Sand with Sand Rush.

Bisharp - Great physical sweeper, wallbreaker, and Sucker Puncher. Personally, I prefer to use it as just a wallbreaker with a Choice Band since it's slower than average, but hits really hard.

Volcarona - Great Quiver Dance special sweeper. Rejoice with this Pokémon because not many Pokémon can learn the great boosting move Quiver Dance.

Corviknight - Amazing physical wall. Can also be a great Max Airstream sweeper in Dynamax, while also being a great physical wall.

As for which one of these is my personal favorite, well, it's hard to choose. lol I have lots of love for Magnezone and Garchomp, as both have been mainstays on my play-through teams for years. Garchomp is also still responsible for most of my competitive wins. Exacdrill is also great too! Magenzone has a special place in my heart because I always had love for Magnemite since generation I and was glad it got a powerful third-stage evolution. Thus, I pick Magnezone. I'm also loving Magnezone's sleek and shinier new look in the Scarlet and Violet trailers!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Volcarona or Bisharp based on personal preference! I loved using both in BW and found both to be great, though Larvesta evolving so late is definitely a point against it.

Back