• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Time, Space, or Anti-Matter?

Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/ca/483MS.png[/img]

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/24/484MS.png[/img]

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e8/487MS.png[/img]

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome to...
    Fourth Gen's Bi-Weekly Poll!
    Introduction
    Hello, and welcome to a new iteration of the Weekly Poll which has been revitalized as the Bi-Weekly Poll! In these threads, there will be various and sometimes even random polls pertaining to the Fourth Generation games. You'll have to pick your favorite options and give a short explanation on why you chose that option. Pretty simple, yeah? And after two weeks, you'll be do the same thing over again :D

Feel free to PM colours or tokyodrift if you have any suggestions on what the next poll should be!

The Poll Question
    "Which of the Creation trio is your favorite?"
    "Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?"

Each of the trio, have control over their own dimensions. Dialga controls time and Palkia controls space, two aspects of the four-dimensional universe that the Pokémon world, like our own, is a part of. Giratina has control over antimatter and the Distortion World, where time does not flow and space is unstable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Definitely Giratina. I'm a big fan of Ghost types in general and the way Giratina is presented as some sort of banished Pokémon has always appealed to me.

Plus encountering it in the Distortion World was an epic experience.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Definitely Giratina! Distortion world was amazing, and I'm just so much more interested in the concept of an antimatter Pokémon and the mythos surrounding it than I am with time and space- those two concepts are used a LOT in various media.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    I think competitively, Dialga's typing gives it a lot going for it. Like even in a metagame full of Primal Groudons in VGC16, Dialga still has a spot to shine.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Speaking for just the main series games, Giratina was really interesting. It had a whole world for itself, and it seemed a bit... nefarious, being the Ghost-type and all.

Otherwise, I really like Dialga. I wish Palkia was given just the same amount of personification that Dialga had in PMD.

Years
  • Palkia. Spacial Distortion, by inheritance is time control and alternate dimensional hopping. That and Spacial Rend looks cool and can't be blocked by any Pokemon Type or ability (Sound Proof) so what does that tell you?

Years
  • I voted for Dialga, since I mainly love the blue-colored members of a trio or duo of legendaries. Diamond was also the first of the three Sinnoh games that I played, plus it has a unique typing with Dragon/Steel, which has not much in the way of weaknesses along with resisting a lot.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I was strictly a Dialga fanboy when Diamond dropped. However, after playing Platinum, I just have gravitated toward Giratina. The way they altered the story to include it was really well done. Palkia was pretty lack luster in my opinion. I always thought Roar of Time was even cooler in animation than Spacial Rend.

Back