• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your writing tools

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    We all know pretty much everyone can type or we wouldn't be here. But what about writing? Do you have a favorite pen that you always have to use? Is there a certain brand or style or pen tip size you have to have? Feel free to show it off.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • > Implying I have handwritten anything in, like, 12 years

Like, really, even before the pandemic hit, even before I started working on CS, I stopped handwriting a good long ago. Part of it is the wrist strain and part of it is that whenever I have to handwrite anything, either a) people complain they can't read it when I write normally or b) it takes forever to manually try to imitate typewriter-like writing that is purportedly legible.

That said, when I have to handwrite or sign official docs, I have a favourite ink pen that somehow miraculously still works that was given to me as a gift by a teacher back in the day because I helped them win a bet. If/when that finally runs out, I'll switch to bic pens with car dealership branding or government institution branding or something like that, because it feels like the simplest, most personal "take something evil / shady, turn it in its head to do good in the world" moment.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • oh man i love handwriting notes!! i honestly can't "see" things when theyre all in a doc so it's really hard for me to organize and write down my ideas but if i write them over in a notebook i can flip back pages and circle things and yes! it's good for me. my handwriting when i'm putting together planners and sectioning notes is pretty nice but i lose that as soon as i write fast haha. still readable tho!

as for writing utensils themselves- i definitely prefer a pen over a marker or pencil. idk why they just write nicer for me i guess! just any standard ballpoint with decent ink flow is good enough for me but i like gel pens and pretty colors! as long as it writes decently and isnt like, skipping where it drops ink or whatever, i'm happy with it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm extremely picky about my pens and I get that from my Mom...lol. I love gel pens and how nice they write. I also will steal every orange pen I see laying around and everyone at work knew that if something was written in orange it was from me. And if my pen went missing bodies would go missing. I don't write nearly as much as I use to because for me its easier to put everything in Google Docs so I can work on it whenever and wherever and not have to worry about having paper and pen. I know I can start writing nice and easy but for some reason to longer I write the more I have a death grip on the pen and then my hand hurts.

Right now I use a Pentel alloy barrel with a needlepoint orange ink. I also put one of the orange rubber grips on it from my old pen to help with grip and keep it from flying out of my hand.

Bay

Years
  • I tend to just use whatever pen is around the house. While most of my fiction writing and notes/outlines are typed these days, I sometimes handwrite certain scenes in a notebook when my wi-fi doesn't want to cooperate with my laptop or to see if I get the words flowing more that way. I still handwrite also when I do checklists and notes of other sorts even if my handwriting isn't the best.

Back