• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever tried to create your own Pokémon?

Years
  • Be it as a kid, years ago, or now - have you ever tried to create your own? This can be through art, writing, or just pure imagination. Have you ever thought about it? Do you remember what it was? Did you try to assign it any stats/a dex entry/etc? Maybe you've tried to come up with multiple?

Years
  • Ive always had the idea of team rocket taking two pokemon and fusing them during their experiments that lead to the creation to mewtwo. Those two pokemon were squirtle and charmander creating chartle. Literally just cause i wanted a fire/water type pokemon. Also imagined it as having a ability or certian move that makes it changed into a "evolved" form where it looks a fusion of charizard and blastiose(something like with aegislash)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I used to doodle Fakemon all the time, though I've rarely assigned stats, etc. Not too many I'm particularly proud of, but these are probably my faves:

Piwirm, Whirlibug, and Aromoth
    Spoiler:

Fairicity
    Spoiler:

Liftbelle
    Spoiler:

Guess I've got a thing for wings and the color pink. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Not really. Created some ideas as a response to threads. Existed more as a response than anything with personal attachment. Imagined evolutions of Pokemon before their release, such as the Generation 9 starter evolutions. Never bothered with more than that.

Searched through old posts. Came up with a Water/Dark burglar dolphin, Fire/Fairy deer volcano spirit (a well-known habitat for deer :nod:), and a Grass/Poison rose bush turtle (not too dissimilar from Pokemon already present). Gave them abilities. Ended that thought there.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I have on occasion.

Some designs were decent enough but most of them shall hopefully die in obscurity and never see the light of day again.

Still, it's a fun enough exercise.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I used to, yes. That is, until I played Xenoverse and realized that only Game Freak can create designs that look remotely consistent with existing canon Pokémon.

Now I just make do with regional forms, as those are easier to make consistent with the existing Pokémon pool.

Years
  • realized that only Game Freak can create designs that look remotely consistent with existing canon Pokémon..

Ahaha, this is similar to me. I've tried making some but in the end they just looked nothing like they were from this series, so I gave up. Making fanmade Pokémon that look like Pokémon is very tough!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I've made—and I'm not exaggerating—thousands of them, whether as mere concepts or as actual drawn designs. But here are just a few of them I've actually drawn (these drawings are actually pretty old lol):

Bobcac (left) and Saguar (right)
    Spoiler:

Gobbledoc
    Spoiler:

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Oh yea, I have quite a few concepts at the moment I'm looking to commission!

Back