• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are Your Thoughts on Soda Beverages?

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
  • During high school I used to drink Mountain Dew several times a day. They sold them in the art room. Unhealthy but oh so good. That is, until I offered to aid my ex on his quest to rid himself of soda beverages. I succeeded, as did he, in never touching one. He resorted to teas and I to water.

Then it all changed when my first pregnancy occurred. I began to crave Sprite. And dare I say Sprite I had. It was my drink of the day. Funnily enough weeks after birth the taste returned to being bad. Second pregnancy and I don't crave Sprite, but Fanta and Squirt and the sort.

Right now I'm laying off the sodas and have been drinking water and milk for a while.

Sirfetch’d

I only drink sprite now and it is maybe one every week or two, if that. I just no longer have a taste for them

Years
  • I rarely drink them. I drink Sprite or Fanta only when I'm with my girlfriend, but we both prefer tea or regular water lately. I used to drink Mountain Dew at least once per week, because we used to buy them in between classes in high school.

I'm fine with the amount I drink nowadays.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • After reading the bad things about those, i think i have to reconsider to not drink anymore this ... >>
    fanta-aranciata-15lt-1.jpg

I also heard coffee is bad for teeth (and i liked the ones that my grandma created, so, i stopped for more than 1 month drinking it, i went against myself)

Last edited:

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster
    Years
    • she/her
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    I have an addiction to sugar free soda at this point. And yes, I know it's hardly any better for me than the regular stuff.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    What are your general thoughts on soft drinks?

My favourite would probably just be lemonade...? Nothing too acidic or eye-poppingly sugary, yet with a kick.

So do you mean...lemonade as in this?
    41sM-IToe8L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Years
    • Seen today
    I went backwards slightly.

There was no water immediately available last night, but there was Sprite and I was thirsty enough to drink it.

Then today found myself craving more today, but refrained due to not wanting to fall back into this. Also made me oddly crave other soda brands today, because of how long it's been.

Years
  • They used to be all I'd drink when I was a teenager and I've progressively been drinking them less and less. At this point all I will drink is Dr Pepper (but a lot less frequently than I used to because it's so expensive here), and the occasional Sprite or Fanta. I don't like coke anymore but will still have that as a mixer with alcohol.

Fruit tea soft drinks seem to have replaced my want for fizzy drinks and I'm more than ok with that.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I, unfortunately, really like Coke. I keep some in a mini-mini fridge on my desk and it makes taking medications easier because pills are nasty but the crunchiness of the coke covers up the gross feeling of the pill being swallowed. But I also just. Unfortunately really like Coke, generally. I only drink it on the weekends though 'cause even just a little bit in the afternoon will have me up all night.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I used to be a pop addict. I would drink so much of the stuff. Then my heart started acting a little funny and my doctor said that I needed to cut back on caffeine. I knew pop was bad for all kinds of reasons and my private oboe teacher recommended I try sparkling water. Yes, the unsweetened kind that everyone loves to make fun of... I tried it, got used to it, and now I NEVER drink pop. I haven't had a pop since like mid 2016.

What I really liked about pop was the carbonation. Sparkling water has the carbonation, I don't need anything else. It's just a shame that most restaurants don't serve it. Carbonated drinks are the best drink with food.

Back