• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've seen Star Wars before, but that was such a loooong time ago I don't remember like 90% of what happened. All I remember is the classic "I AM YOUR FATHER." Lol.

Oh, and I haven't seen Indiana Jones before. Is it any good?

I hope this isn't spam...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Aw maaaan Dipu, those are some fun movies. We should have a livestream party sometime and watch some of these. And Syn, too! Goodness.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I did say "Even if you FIND you dislike them..."
To find one way or the other you would need to have looked first.
With the first part of my post being me telling you to watch them, why would assume that I thought you had seen them?

To be honest I have never read any of the Star Wars books, nor do I plan to.
They just don't seem all that interesting to me.

Disney buying Lucas Films was terrible.
Darth Vader is supposed to be one of the worlds greatest hero turned villian turned hero characters.
NOT standing on a float, in a parade, waving to the kiddies.

Indiana Jones I would argue is better then Star Wars, but that's just one guys opinion.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
I've seen Star Wars before, but that was such a loooong time ago I don't remember like 90% of what happened. All I remember is the classic "I AM YOUR FATHER." Lol.

I hope this isn't spam...

It's not. =P

Jones just looks like a redneck who's had a little too much to drink. That's the opinion I've heard anyway.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
To be honest I have never read any of the Star Wars books, nor do I plan to.
They just don't seem all that interesting to me.
Don't knock it till you try it. Like we were saying, Timothy Zahn writes really good stuff.

Jones just looks like a redneck who's had a little too much to drink. That's the opinion I've heard anyway.
He's a rugged adventuring crimefighting archaeologist when he's not a dorky uni professor.
Harrison Ford is hot

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Right with you on that one. :D

Also I did a kind of dumb thing just now but I have spending money and I want these so it's okay I think.

Spoiler:

Ooh that's cool! I used to go these buying binges for books in general, but sometimes I'd come home with five or six Star Wars books and it's aahh. I've got more books than I've actually read now and it's probably going to stay that way for a while.

(and now I have a nook and like two shelves of books that I have absolutely no room for)

I'm amazed that so many members of PC haven't seen a lot of really popular classics. It's scary and makes me feel old.

Crux

Evermore
Years
You should form your own opinions rather then following somebody else's.

Hm, I wasn't dissing them, but merely giving my opinion.
I prefer to read books that have wonder to them, and whilst as the Star Wars universe is spectacular, it has become rather predictable to me.

Good evening Tyler, your signature keeps making me want to like your posts, regardless of what you said.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Ive seen Star Wars but I havent seen all the original trilogy of them. I somehow never manage to be able to watch the whole film when I find one of them on TV :l Star Wars is ok. I also havent watched many Indiana Jones films.

Sir Codin

My favorite thing about Star Wars is probably Knights of the Old Republic.

And no, I'm not talking about that stupid MMO or the comics, I'm talking the actual 2003 Bioware RPG. The second one is also great once you restore the lost content with mods.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Tell you guys what! The next time PC has a Moviethon, let's include Star Wars and Indiana Jones on the list, and we'll watch them together! I don't know how PC's Moviethons work as I've never been to one, but I'm sure it'll be fun. :3

Sir Codin

Oh, here's some other things about Star Wars that I love:

- Lightsabers
- HK-47
- HK-47
- That's right, meatbags...HK-47...and lightsabers....and HK-47

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

OMG "Luke, I am your father".
That moment will forever be in my memory. <3333
Also yes, the Indiana Jones films are really great. You should definitely see them!
Aw maaaan Dipu, those are some fun movies. We should have a livestream party sometime and watch some of these. And Syn, too! Goodness.
Tell you guys what! The next time PC has a Moviethon, let's include Star Wars and Indiana Jones on the list, and we'll watch them together! I don't know how PC's Moviethons work as I've never been to one, but I'm sure it'll be fun. :3
I say we do this! You have my thumbs up (:
I haven't seen Indiana Jones either. :x
I question if you even watch movies Touj ;;

Years

I was never a fan of these two franchises but they were great movies nonetheless. Not to mention they both had Harrison Ford in it lol. But yeah PC should have another Moviethon sometime.

Star Wars I'm more familiar with though, even if Disney ruined the franchise lol.

OMG "Luke, I am your father".

My fave line ever in a Star Wars movie. I want to watch that scene all over again!

Echidna

Years
Star Wars I'm more familiar with though, even if Disney ruined the franchise lol.

How could Disney have ruined the franchise? They just bought it. They've barely had a chance to do anything with it ;; Unless you meant 'ruins'.

Also:
Spoiler:

It's funny but I'm giving Disney a chance before I judge them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't for a really long time and now I do more often but I never really feel like catching up on the "classics". For years and years I just hated watching movies, haha.

Echidna

Years
I didn't for a really long time and now I do more often but I never really feel like catching up on the "classics". For years and years I just hated watching movies, haha.

Ah, that explains it! I saw Indiana Jones when I was ten, and I only now realize how screwed I must have been to have done that but ok xD
They're pretty old films.

Years
OH MAH GOD have you guys seen Dale and Tucker vs. Evil? :D

I really don't like horror movies, but the unique mix of comedy and violence just made it so fun to watch. Only horror movie I've liked in a long time.

Not to mention Alan Tudyk as Tucker... loving Firefly made him grow on me no matter what role he does <3.

Not only have I seen the movie, it's in my Top 10. It is just one of those movies! Fantastic from start to finish, and had me laughing harder then alot of comdies. (I also love Firefly!)

ermm...sorry back on topic.

I love Star Wars and Star Trek, although not always for the same reason as everybody else, I'm REALLY into the way they had to come up with way to create shots. It's really cool to be like OH that's a minature!, and WOW they use a peice of wire to make the blaster sound!. etc, etc, etc.

I never had much beef with Indiana Jones, I just don't watch them to often (I can go on record and say I acually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)

@Anna The BEST story moments from Star Wars are from the expanded Universe, it's a shame I've only read them in parts and never really had the chance to finish any of the established series. (I'm only 3/4's through Thrawn, I never read the Han Solo Trilogy, I only read the new stuff when I can find it >_>) Shadows of the Empire was so awesome it got it's own game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back