• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

you know what? that's IT. LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER.

Years
  • How do you handle poor customer service when dining out or shopping?
    have you ever asked to speak to a manager?
    on the other hand,
    have you ever worked in customer service and had someone ask to speak to your manager? what happened?

Shiva2932

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Queen of Frost☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2021
    Usually when I'm dining or dealing with poor customer service I just deal with it and still always tip well. Things happen and we're all only human, and I've only ever worked in retail.

I've had a customer demand my manager scream at me in front of him and reprimand me where he could see it, which she declined. He was angry at me because of displays on a screen we don't even program.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • i think user erik destler has some poor customer service i want to speak to his manager pronto

Back when I worked in a supermarket (DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THIS) I had often people come by and wanting to talk to my manager, never really in bad spirit or anything 90% of the time it was cause of a defect and it gets sorted out pretty well. I never really experienced people going banana's over things

Years
  • It would have to be absolutely awful service (the likes I've never experienced yet, thankfully) for me to even consider asking for a manager. I don't like confrontation even if it's for my benefit, so I would be doing my best to just deal with it until I'm done. Assuming I don't just walk out of the place if it's that bad, heh.

Years
  • I don't think I've ever dealt with bad enough customer service to consider talking to a manager or leaving where I was. Either way, I'm probably more the type to walk out than make a scene by talking to the manager, lol. :x

Being on the other end after working customer service for years, I've had people ask me to speak to my boss/someone in a higher position. Never to complain about my own work though, usually someone else's. Thankfully. @_@

Last edited:
    Years
  • A few years back, I spoke to someone's manager at a Starbucks to actually deliver positive feedback about someone. Because apparently, no one ever thinks about doing that these days, but it's totally a thing!

Don't just talk to the manager about bad news. Talk to them when an employee is going above and beyond or doing really well at their job(s). It would make their day and it would make the manager's day, too.

Years
  • As retail management, I could pick out pretty much any day of the week and come up with half a dozen stories of customers treating our employees like shit. It's honestly gotten old having to kiss the customer's ass because they know we have to, even when 95% of the time the employee was doing exactly what they were supposed to.

On the flip side, as a consumer I let poor customer service slide, as long as they aren't going out of their way to be rude or something. I might silently judge them and think about what I would say if one of our employees if they were doing the same, but chances are if it's a recurring thing, their managers are already well aware of it.

A few years back, I spoke to someone's manager at a Starbucks to actually deliver positive feedback about someone. Because apparently, no one ever thinks about doing that these days, but it's totally a thing!

Don't just talk to the manager about bad news. Talk to them when an employee is going above and beyond or doing really well at their job(s). It would make their day and it would make the manager's day, too.
    More people need to do this!!! For every 100 times I deal with a "let me speak to your manager" situation, maybe 2 or 3 things are positive feedback. It really can make someone's day in a rather thankless, demanding work environment.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've been asked as higher forum staff (here in the past and elsewhere) to deal with complaints; besides that nothing is really occurring to me.

I've never asked for a manager iirc, tbh, sans asking uni admin people for things to be dealt with regarding _really_ delayed thesis examination, and one time in undergrad where my assignment mark hadn't been recorded at all. (Always keep your marked assignments, guys - it can prove useful!) Usually just deal with the cards I have which haven't been too bad to require that.

Back