• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

U.S. drops MOAB on Afghanistan today

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/[email protected]&hubRefSrc=permalink

I'll get a better link if that doesn't work/development continues, but essentially the U.S. just dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan today. Target was "ISIS tunnels and personnel in the Achin district of the Nangarhar district." The commander of the U.S. forces in Afghanistan did sign off on this.

Thoughts, concerns, you know the spheel.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    https://www.vox.com/world/2017/4/13...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The questions we should be asking aren't the kinds of things you would ask in a Risk game. They are the ones we should always be asking of our military: Who did they actually kill in the attack? Did they absolutely have to kill those people? And was this the best way to go about doing that?

This a bombing raid like all other US bombing raids, just with a somewhat novel device. We should focus on the deadly nature of the bombing raid itself — and not the technological wonder.

Nothing to lose sleep over. Yet.

Years
  • I'm not too concerned about it either. Doesn't seem to be anything groundbreaking, other than that a weapon was used for the first time. You could probably deliver the same payload in the form of several bombs or several air missions.

Years
  • Nothing to lose sleep over except the US continuing to be active in the middle east. What could possibly go wrong there?

Any word on who actually died in the attack/what damage was done?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Any word on who actually died in the attack/what damage was done?
    According to this, supposedly 36 ISIS members died in the blast, no civilian causalities, and the target was a network of underground tunnels/a base that they were using.

Years
  • According to this, supposedly 36 ISIS members died in the blast, no civilian causalities, and the target was a network of underground tunnels/a base that they were using.

Well if that's the case I guess I don't feel any need to be outraged. I still want the US out of the middle-east though xD

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    "I'm not too concerned about it" has got to be the worst response I've read about these things. Glad y'all are not losing sleep over the Middle East continuing to be bombed while the civilians over there are having restless nights wondering when the bombings will fucking end.

Fuck outta my country, I'm legit pissed off.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Im happy there were no civilian casualties and that it seems to have been successful. The U.S. doesnt exactly have a good track record in the Middle East... Bush poured 6 trillion into war, Obama dropped thousands of bombs, many U.S. troops and Middle Eastern civilians died. There has been a reduction in terrorism, but the cost has been huge.

Im all for getting out of the Middle East until something actually poses a threat to the U.S. or its allies.

Back