• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

luo xiang

Ami Tuo Fo enlightenment
Years
  • Bred a shiny poliwag and didnt know it was shiny till it evolved into politoed xD nice surprise! Ex share so I never used it in battle to see the Bling lol

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    On Christmas the other day, i got a shiny cresselia through soft reseting after starting that day. There was 15 minutes left of Christmas when it shone, it was a late Christmas miracle xD. I named it sailor moon.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • ^ nice, sailor moon.

i've caught a shiny loudred, but traded it for a shiny vulpix. all of my shinies are usually traded for shiny vulpix or ninetails, since i collect them. heh heh, and once i have a box full, i will be unstoppable.

Reactions: Z25

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • caught i Shiny Magikarp whilst chaining for a Shiny Carvanha

it's nice and all, but i already have a Shiny Gyarados on Y and really want that Carvanha

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Yesterday I caught a shiny Cobalion after 7 soft resets (I have the shiny charm). Currently soft resetting for shiny Cresselia.........not nearly as lucky. I'm in the hundreds now with SR'ing for it and still no luck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2015
    I literally about 10 minutes ago, caught my SECOND shiny and that being Whismur. I caught in a Horde. My first shiny I caught was in Platinum and was a Starly. I had just reset my game and had done all the Start-Game stuff and I said to myself "I should catch a Starly because I didn't use a Starly in my last play-through of it." So I went on Route 202 and the first Pokemon I saw was guess what. A SHINY STARLY!!!!

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Finally encountered a Shiny Carvanha last night, have been cahining for one for absolutely ages, even accidentally finding a Shiny Magikarp ib the process, but at least now, Typhoon the Shiny Carvanha is mine! :3

Can't wait to surf on Shiny Sharpedo ^_^

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Got a shiny mespirit last night! Named it wisdom after the triforce.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Caught myself a Shiny Suicune with no soft resetting effort, though it did take every single ball I had, including the inevitable use of my Master Ball. :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I still haven't caught any shinies but my brother caught a shiny FEEBAS I can't believe it he's already found more shinies than me ;_;

Years
  • I think my game is thowing shinies at me like a homicidal maniac. ;~; I can't get this lucky, because I'm pretty sure something bad will happen next in retribution...

In the span of 2 weeks, I caught a shiny Zigzagoon, Numel, Cresselia, and Zekrom.

Zigzagoon was found in a horde encounter when I was EV training. Like, I heard the sparkles, and then I looked up and I wasn't sure if I should have been laughing, facepalming, or celebrating. XD Numel was found as a random encounter. Like, I saw the blue on its back, and I was like: Isn't that a little blue...? And then the sparkles came out and I was like: SQUEEE

I SRed for Cresselia and Zekrom. Both were evil. ;~; Cresselia, I managed to catch it in a heal ball with no problems, except...I looked at its summary. I used synchronize, but it failed! And it was adamant. D: Zekrom, though...

>The wild Zekrom used Slash!
    >Parasect's Effect Spore! The wild Zekrom was poisoned!
    Me: NOARCEUSNOOOOooo! D:
    I ended up having to throw a Master Ball at it. *puts head in hands* It was the first time I've been forced to use a Master Ball in 4 years. :( But it came out Jolly, so it wasn't all that bad~

Oh, yeah! I also got a shiny Delibird via wonder trade on X-Mas holding a Master Ball. I promptly sent it off to someone else. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    As of now I haven't encountered any shiny pokemon in OR/AS but I have transferred all my legit full odd shinies from older games, I'm currently hunting for a shiny Reshiram though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Just found a shiny Tentacool while backtracking to Seafloor Cavern. So I suppose that marks my first shiny in ORAS. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    I have the shiny metagross and I am MM for treecko no luck 250 eggs :(

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Got a shiny kyreum today after 5 days of soft resetting! Now onto latias and dialgla!

Years
  • I've found a lot of nothing so far. :(
    My mom was playing with me yesterday and watching me WT some of my extra catches, so she stopped looking for an abra just long enough to WT one cascoon. What did she get?
    Shiny ditto.
    I stared for a long, long time while she laughed at me. >>

Years
  • I managed to chain a shiny male Feebas the other day. I think he'll be one of my contest Pokémon, since he doesn't have brilliant stats (and I already have two water-types on my permanent team).

Back