• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
  • I believe people can eat white snow. They serve as a good alternative! ...I think.
    *spits cereals* Animated series reference?
    Well, if we run into a mountain settlement we might get some denarii through a quick job,
    pretty much like in Lumiose's Hotel Richissime...
    Unless the employer wants us to have already matured experiences, which is very likely, especially these days... :shaking-head-no:
    Also, don't you think it's a bit too much with the nicknames selection? Like, that's a lot and great, but let's stick with the one you like the most so everybody then can choose with the one they agreed in the next chapter. :D
    I'm generally terrible when it comes to expressing preferences, so I thought I'd put all the viable nicks
    I could find for the other users to check and call it a day!
    This reminds me the time I spend trying to decide which two flavours to pick for ice cream cones... XD

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • I've added the names they suggested, but I'll be taking only one for each member. And by doing that, there are only 2 choices, so I decided to add 2 more and see if they want to choose them even if it's going to be unlikely (thank Arceus). Guess I already know who's going to be the big winner already, lmao.

Time to update this, and see where it goes.

Vote Tally:
    > 1. To the eastern forest! 3 Votes
    2. To the mountain on the center of the region! 1 Vote
    3. Visit the lakes just north from here! 1 Vote
    4. Alternatively, you can lounge around a little while inside. 0 Vote because nobody wants to be lazy, lol.

> a. 5 Poké Balls, 3 Potions, 2 Antidotes for
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. Basically a basic starter pack. Sounds good? 3 Votes

b. 4 Poké Balls and a Poké Doll for exactly
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. You like these stuffy stuff? 0 Vote

c. 4 Poké Balls and an Old Rod for
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. Is this a general store now? 2 Votes well that was unfortunate.

d. Not buying anything, eh? 0 Vote because they want to become a big spender for a day.

Pokémon
    iIalld2.png
    Wailmer (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    ×5
    Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
    ×3
    Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
    ×2
    Antidote A spray-type medicine for poisoning.

Deaths: 0​
    Chapter 7: To The Eastern Forest

"Here you go!" Says the clerk, handing out the goods you're looking for. Appropriately, you pay out a sum of money, put them inside your bag then walk to the main counter to pick up your Wailmer. Nurse Joy does the same, delivering a smile that Pokémon Trainers like you should feel free for using their service. You note her advice before leaving the Pokémon Center.

Once you're outside, you inhale the warm air, raising your head slightly afterwards. The clouds are there, the sun shines bright still, nothing seems to be out of place -- it's just the same old city you used to live in with signs of shoes and toes scattering about.

Since the path you're going for coincidentally leads you to go past there, you trek back to where you were hours ago. Walking while glancing to the side, your vision is locked onto the big apartment that housed you for years. What becomes of your room now will be introduced with a new occupant as time goes by, bidding an indirect parting wish to your departure. You do the same, by keeping that place in mind always, then turn to the road ahead.
    Greeted by the snow-covered spruces, you find yourself heading to the forest of the east. With nothing particularly interesting to be in view, you recall back about your Wailmer that has grown attached to you since the first, impromptu encounter. You realize that you haven't given it a nickname, yet you can't tell if your Wailmer is a he or a she. You give it a thought for a while, without hindering your pace. Figuring it out may not be of utmost importance since you just need a name that fits it the most.

Just across the road lies a river that flows gently. Weirdly enough, you don't catch any sight of a bridge or anything that can let you go across safely around you. You're confident that there's only one road the moment you entered the forest and have followed it since, though uncertainty gets to you with many possible way around that may be there and you could've wasted your time only to get back to the same spot.

In order to get to the other side, what will you do?
    1. Build up some momentum, then jump!
    2. Use your Wailmer to get across!
    3. Try to look for a way around. Who knows you may run into something else?
    4. Sit and use an imaginary fishing rod to catch an aquatic Pokémon.

Additionally, which nickname do you think fits the most?
    • Cuddles
    • Zale
    • Calla
    • Melissa
    • Morian

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • c. 4 Poké Balls and an Old Rod for
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. Is this a general store now? 2 Votes well that was unfortunate.

Very unfortunate, indeed... ;__; What can we use now to pull off a ridiculous deus ex machina when we need it most? *proceeds to read the chapter* OMG IMAGINARY FISHING ROD!! Morian, you never fail to impress me. xD You know I'm going with #4, hehehe.

Cuddles the Menace is simply too good to pass up. Hug it tight as the monster promotes destruction through the smallest thing it does!

As for the nickname, I'm also on board with Cuddles the Menace! ^^ Wait a second, is that "Morian" listed as an option? LOL.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'll go with #2, it seems like the most logical choice since we have a Wailmer.

For the nickname, b. Zale seems like a good choice

Years
  • 3a. I can always just walk around the river without having to get wet and I will nickname Wailmer Cuddles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    To get to the other side, I choose 2.

As for a nickname? I don't nickname my Pokemon, but if I had to, I'd go with a.

So 2a it is.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • As we already have a Wailmer I pick option 2. I also pick Cuddles for the nickname.

Also is our Wailmer a boy or a girl?

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • 2a. While #4 sounds really tempting, we all know the fishing rod is the source of true shenanigans. Air won't be able to substitute the real thing. Wailmer might not know Surf, but it floats, so it would easily function as a stepping stone, right?

Also is our Wailmer a boy or a girl?

If we can trust the stat block on this, it's a boy.

Years
  • #3a because Wailmer doesn't know surf, we don't have an actual fishing rod sadly, and jumping could get messy if we don't make it

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • It breaks my heart hearing this from the grand master of fishing rods himself... =(

Sure, I like fishing rods. But they probably work better if they're made out of actual fishing rods and not not-fishing rods if you get the gist. A fake one might backfire on us.

Meadow

Years
  • Sure, I like fishing rods. But they probably work better if they're made out of actual fishing rods and not not-fishing rods if you get the gist. A fake one might backfire on us.

"Might" is the key word here—you never know until you try!

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Well, it's time for us to advance. (Also I swear I'm not the one putting that fifth option in the previous one.)

Vote Tally:
    1. Build up some momentum, then jump! 0 Vote (wimping out, huh)
    > 2. Use your Wailmer to get across! 4 Votes
    3. Try to look for a way around. Who knows you may run into something else? 3 Votes (almost there!)
    4. Sit and use an imaginary fishing rod to catch an aquatic Pokémon. 1 Vote (the one who chose this option is clearly an optimist)

> a. Cuddles - 6 Votes (A WINNER IS YOU!)
    b. Zale - 2 Votes
    c. Calla - 0 Vote
    d. Melissa - 0 Vote

Pokémon
    iIalld2.png
    Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    ×5
    Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
    ×3
    Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
    ×2
    Antidote A spray-type medicine for poisoning.

Deaths: 0​
    Chapter 8: A Quick-Witted Solution

Being certain that there weren't any other roads besides the one you walked upon, you decide to make your way through the river. Although, your Wailmer lacks an ability that allows it to steadily stay afloat when a Trainer hop on its back, and turning it into a stepping stone is as risky as jumping from the riverbank.

Is there another way? You take out your Poké Ball and press the circular button, calling forth the Ball Whale Pokémon from its place, eventually saturating itself in its bluish color before landing softly on the grasslands at your left. Then, you climb on its back and hug it firmly. Thinking about it, the name just comes to you the moment you hug it, so you try to call it with what you got.

"Cuddles, use Bounce!"

Suddenly, you find yourself elevated upwards along as you hold tight on your Wailmer, who seems to acknowledge your command without questions asked. You can briefly feel the breeze of the air, see the white horizon of snow-covered trees and soon enough, the two of you makes another soft landing onto the other side. You get off from its back, albeit swaying, and decide to call your Wailmer 'Cuddles' from now on.

The next thing you do, is to advance with the road entrusted to you. You keep your pace and observe your surroundings, with Cuddles making a straight, broad trail following you. However, you happen to hear a faint growling within the thickets of bushes on your left, initially taking alert on what it might be. You could distinguish that the voice is coming from a canine-like Pokémon, and it appears that it's not the only one when they repeat, audibly.

As the voice impends nearer, what should you do?
    1. Run as fast as you can. Cuddles may be strong, but it'll be overwhelmed in numbers.
    2. Bring them here and confront them head on!
    3. CAMOUFLAGE!
    4. Inspect the bushes and identify the voice. It's possible that it's not always about danger.
    5. Alternatively, use Bounce to see what comes below from above.

Meadow

Years
  • I'm gonna go with #3... We can totally camouflage, right? :D

> a. Cuddles - 6 Votes (A WINNER IS YOU!)
    b. Zale - 2 Votes
    c. Calla - 0 Vote
    d. Melissa - 0 Vote

Wait a minute! Is it just me, or did one of the options disappear from this list? I can't exactly put my finger on it, but it feels like something has been wiped clean from my memory. O_o

Plot twist: What if HyperMorian was actually Cuddles this entire time...?

Back