• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] How often do you see yourself using Pikachu/Eevee in battles?

Years
  • While release is still two months away, there's no harm in discussion this currently just to get some thoughts!

Needless to say, our partner Pikachu and Eevee are made out to be somewhat of a big deal, in the sense that (presumably), they're always going to be around us and we're even going to need them to overcome certain obstacles (in the place of HMs). But what about actual battles? Although in early game it makes sense to use Pikachu/Eevee, do you see yourself still using them by the time you arrive in later gyms/the Elite Four? How often do you really see yourself including your partner Pokemon in your party?

Years
  • I'm a bit conflicted. I feel like it would be a lot more fun using Eevee/Pikachu up until maybe late game and then at that point they probably wouldn't be as useful in battles then. ;__;

I mean... personally I'd want to use Eevee as much as I can, especially if its unique attacks are strong enough to make it worth it to use late game and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    They must change the battle mechanics a lot for Eevee to really have *any* battle merits whatsoever, in my experience with it.

It's not like I'm even going to play this game, but if I did, it'd be with Pikachu all the way.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I use Pikachu alot in battles in Yellow, X, and Moon Version. Once in a while I will use Eevee and most of the time, I just send it out in battlesfor it to gain exp for level up, switch another Pokemon in battle, and then I would use a stone on Eevee for it to evolve.

Years
  • I use Pikachu alot in battles in Yellow, X, and Moon Version. Once in a while I will use Eevee and most of the time, I just send it out in battlesfor it to gain exp for level up, switch another Pokemon in battle, and then I would use a stone on Eevee for it to evolve.

This is really concerning your partner Pikachu/Eevee in the Let's Go games and not really any other games, in case that wasn't clear. :o

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I've played Yellow countless times and unlike the Pikachu in Let's Go wherein its obviously getting buffed stats and special moves, Pikachu in Yellow version was better than the Red/Blue counterparts you found in the wild since it could learn Double Team and Thunderbolt. This made him a bit more valuable to utilize later on in the game since you didn't have to use TM24 to teach it a valuable Electric attack. However, Pikachu's only value is against Flying Pokemon, Misty, Lorelei and Lance's Gyrados(since it has x4). Everyone else... particularly Bruno with his Onix, you stand little chance at victory without substantial help and/or luck.

Thing is, with Let's Go versions knowing special moves like Surf(aka Splishy Splash... Magikarp needs a better Trademark lawyer), your partner pretty much can handle anything thrown their way. It all depends on what Pokemon you hate facing. Since I hate facing Ghost Pokemon, I may ultimately go with Eevee if only because I've been playing Yellow so long that it'd be interesting to see what would it would have been like had I had Eevee as my starter(and the fact Vulpix is a version exclusive in LGE has nothing to do with it).

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I don't have a switch....:cry:

But I'd probably get Eevee since you catch Pikachu very early. I don't know where Eevee would be in Let's Go.... :frown:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I don't have a switch....:cry:

But I'd probably get Eevee since you catch Pikachu very early. I don't know where Eevee would be in Let's Go.... :frown:

Eevee in Generation 1 is always found in Celadon City(aka city with a huge PokeMart, Rocket Game Corner and Erika's Gym). If Let's GO stays true to the classics, that is where you'll find Eevee while Pikachu could be found relatively early in Viridian Forest. Thing is, seeing as you'll need a Water or Grass Pokemon to battle Brock, Bulbasaur would be a better pick for both Gym's and save the Electric spot for Jolteon(wherein you'd gain Anti-Psychic with Pin Missile).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, since apparently Eevee and Pikachu have much higher base stats than their wild counterparts, I'm slightly considering maybe using them a bit more... just depends on what their actual base stats are.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Probably won't get the game, but if I do it might be a pure Eevee playthrough as I'm super bored of Kanto Pokemon now. Raising an Eevee who is actually good at battling and has new elemental moves will be a fun new experience. Plus it could actually give the game a decent level of challenge.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Honestly I'll try to use Eevee whenever I can, but I like the idea of using Pokémon I don't normally use a little bit more? But using Eevee with its special moves seems pretty fun too.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Just an off the cusp LGE Team: Eevee(starter), Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Alolan Ninetales, Nidoqueen. It pains me to not use Kanto Ninetales(since I'm all things Vulpix), but I have an Eevee theme for the team while filling out my roster with other useful types(Alolan Ninetales alone destroys the competition). Thing is, Eevee should have considerable use in Let's GO due to having an advantage over Ghost Types while also being effective against others through special moves. Still won't use it against Fighting Types though(I'll save that for Alolan Ninetales or Nidoqueen).

Last edited:
    Back