• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: The PC Tourist Office (adoption center 4.0) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The PC Tourist Office (adoption center 4.0) ♡

THE PC TOURIST OFFICE
- "adoption center" version 4!

Hello and welcome to the Tourist Office! Feeling a bit lost as a new member on PokéCommunity (PC) ? Don't worry! We have plenty of things to help you get started in the community and on the site. First off, try reading our written guides here!

Don't feel like reading is your way of learning? Would you prefer a more personal touch? Alright then, the tourist office is set up just for you! Here, you can get a personal guide to show you around PC, in the form of another forum user.

What will I do as a Tourist?

→ Post in this thread with a filled in sign up form (found further down in this post).

→ If a more experienced forum user sees your application and thinks they can do a good job showing you around, they will quote your post to let you know that they are now your guide!

→ The job of a guide is to show you around the boards you are interested in as well as giving you a brief look at how PC works. They will likely do this by chatting with you and giving you links or posting in threads together with you. Please do not request a guide just because you have one simple question about something or want assistance with your fan work!

→ If you become paired up with a guide, we expect you to want to stay relatively active on PC. If you haven't posted on PC for 7 days, then the guide can choose to "drop" you in order to be available for a new tourist.

→ Guides might not know how to ROM hack, or how to roleplay, unless the guide states specifically that they can help you there. Normally, their job is to show you where on the forums to go in order to learn those skills!

→ Be nice to your guide and do not disrespect them. This is a given!

→ When you feel like you have learned enough from your guide, you should return to this thread and say so, in order to graduate from the tourist office! Let us know if your guide was helpful and kind - then they will get a +1 in their recommendations! If you have been a tourist for two weeks, your guide will likely ask you if you feel ready to graduate, in case you forgot about it.

How to sign up to be a Tourist!

Fill out the form below and post it in this thread!

1. Why did you want to join PokéCommunity?
2. What section are you most interested in?
3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them?

In order to qualify as a tourist, you must have been active for less than two (2) months, OR have less than 100 posts. Returning members who have less than 100 posts also qualify!

Once you get a mentor, you will notice it by them contacting you by quoting you in this thread. See, when that happens, you will get a notification on the forums! Good luck :D

Veteran Guides with recommendations

→ none yet! The Office is brand new!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Who can be a Guide?

→ If you have made 100 posts or more on PokéCommunity AND been a member for one month or more, you may become a Guide!

→ You must be active on PC; posting almost every day or at least several times a week.

→ You must also be welcoming and kind - as fun as rude jokes might be between friends every now and then, it is not the way we want to approach new members on these forums. That will have to wait until the Tourist has willingly graduated; until then you are to be as polite and text-book friendly as you possibly can. :)

→ You must be prepared to actively show your Tourist around the forums, as well as try to answer their questions or at least point them towards where they can find answers to their problems.

What should I do as a Guide?

→ When you see a new member signing up in this thread and think that you would do a splendid job being the Guide for this person, quote their post and let them know. Tadaa~ you are now their Guide and they are your Tourist!

→ You can take on several Tourists at once, if you feel like you can handle it. However, we would recommend that you only take on 1 if you are a Guide for the first time, so that you'll know how much effort you need to put in in the future.

After that, the objective of a Guide is simple: helping the Tourist integrate into the community by teaching the basic aspects of PC. For this reason, we're going to implement a checklist with these basic aspects! When a Tourist graduates from the Office, they need to be familiar with the things on it.

→ Basic checklist. Make sure the Tourist learns these things!
Spoiler:

ADVANCED GUIDING: Some sections are going to have an additional, specific list as well. The reason is that some sections are a bit different compared to our normal sections - they are more than just posting. As a Guide, you don't need to know everything that is on these specific lists, but it is of course nice if you do. And it is really nice if you at least learn which threads (rules, guides etc in the local sections) to point your Tourist towards so that they can learn more about the section's specific activities themselves!

→ Roleplay Theatre checklist:
Spoiler:

→ Fanfiction & Writing checklist:
Spoiler:

→ Trade Corner checklist:
Spoiler:

→ Game Development checklist: (not ROM Hacking!)
Spoiler:

→ Art & Design checklist:
Spoiler:

Do you have suggestions for checklists for sections that are currently not represented? Please contact adventure, Dragon or Archy in a Private Message!

When do I stop being a Guide?

→ When your Tourist feels like they have learned enough (and don't need you anymore) they should post in this thread again to officially graduate.

→ If your Tourist enjoyed being guided by you, you will get a +1 in recommendations! Your name will be listed in the opening post in the Office, along with the number of recommendations you have gotten. The better Guide you are and the more Tourists you successfully graduate, the more recommendations you are likely to get!

→ If your Tourist has not posted on PC for 7 days, they are considered inactive and you are allowed to "drop" them.

→ If your Tourist has not mentioned that they would like to graduate for two (2) weeks, you may remind them and see what more you can teach them in order for them to feel ready for PC for real!

→ If you at any time feel like you need any help, or if a Tourist is giving you a hard time in any way, please don't hesitate to contact the moderators of Main Street.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wouldn't mind a mentor myself.

1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? ROM Hacking
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Game development + roleplaying
3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? Very committed, been lurking almost all week without stop without an account.
Hello IrishPerson! Did you ever find a mentor? I am not very well versed in Game Dev or ROM Hacking, but together we can probably try to find out where to post and find what in those forums.

However, I am very well versed in roleplaying on PokéCommunity, so I can definitely teach you something there! Would you like to become my Tourist?

JCarrill0

PokéMaster
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I never got one... I was told to apply at the other forum which I already did.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hello IrishPerson! Did you ever find a mentor? I am not very well versed in Game Dev or ROM Hacking, but together we can probably try to find out where to post and find what in those forums.

However, I am very well versed in roleplaying on PokéCommunity, so I can definitely teach you something there! Would you like to become my Tourist?

Never found one but would be more then happy to become your Tourist!

BlackSteelDrake

The Almighty Poke Man
Years
To find a fun and welcoming community for pokemon, as well as get help now and then. Making friends with a common interest in pokemon is a big factor.

Well to be honest I don't have a specific section of interest. Is general interest okay? If I have to pick one uhhhhh RP or challenges I suppose.

3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them?
I have don't know to be quite honest. Possibly anything given the right opportunity.

Last edited:

Lumo

Professional Kleptomaniac
Years
Would love a guide if anyone is interested! It's my first forum so any help would be appreciated!

Well I stumbled upon this place while looking for rom hacks and I've known about it for quite a while so I thought: "This place looks nice.... might as well ruin it by joining." No, I just love pokemon.

At the moment I'm most interested in RP and writing, I'm kinda leaning toward RP though.

I guess Game Development and maybe Art and Design.

K, bye, please help me! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
To find a fun and welcoming community for pokemon, as well as get help now and then. Making friends with a common interest in pokemon is a big factor.

Well to be honest I don't have a specific section of interest. Is general interest okay? If I have to pick one uhhhhh RP or challenges I suppose.

I have don't know to be quite honest. Possibly anything given the right opportunity.

Hey there fellow Team Instinct. :D I'd be happy to be your Guide and help you get to know PokeCommunity.

Would love a guide if anyone is interested! It's my first forum so any help would be appreciated!

Well I stumbled upon this place while looking for rom hacks and I've known about it for quite a while so I thought: "This place looks nice.... might as well ruin it by joining." No, I just love pokemon.

At the moment I'm most interested in RP and writing, I'm kinda leaning toward RP though.

I guess Game Development and maybe Art and Design.

K, bye, please help me! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'd be more than happy to help you out as well. :D

Last edited:
Years
1. Why did you want to join PokéCommunity? Because I love Pokemon and i wanted to talk about 'em!
2. What section are you most interested in? I dunno, maybe... Hmm... (thinks for 15 minutes) Maybe Third Gen Pokemon Gaming?
3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them? Hacks studios, I think.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
1. Why did you want to join PokéCommunity? because i really like pokemon and ive heard good things about this site
2. What section are you most interested in? rom hacking for sure!
3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them? uhhhh not really sure tbh

Snikey

Master of Harmony and Discord
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I happened to stumble upon this forum while looking for rom hacks and after exploring a bit, I started to like this place so I joined.
2. What section are you most interested in? Role playing
3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them? I honestly don't know. Possibly anything, if given the right opportunity.

(I signed up 2 months ago, but for some reason I couldn't use this account because it kept sending me to a page, which said "you dont have enough permission to do that", even though the only I did was log in, and it only just started working properly today.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I happened to stumble upon this forum while looking for rom hacks and after exploring a bit, I started to like this place so I joined.
2. What section are you most interested in? Role playing
3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them? I honestly don't know. Possibly anything, if given the right opportunity.

(I signed up 2 months ago, but for some reason I couldn't use this account because it kept sending me to a page, which said "you dont have enough permission to do that", even though the only I did was log in, and it only just started working properly today.)
Hi! Let me show you how to do this and that around the forums, as well as guide you into roleplaying c: If you'd like me to be your guide?

And that's strange about the not permissions thing o: Might be a bug.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
1. Why did you want to join PokéCommunity? because i really like pokemon and ive heard good things about this site
2. What section are you most interested in? rom hacking for sure!
3. What other sections do you think you could become interested in if you learned a bit more about them? uhhhh not really sure tbh

I'm not very knowledgable on ROM Hacking but I can show you around the board? o:

PureAxis

Conqueror of Knowledge, Enforcer of Order.
Years
Hi! I joined a couple of days ago, and would really prefer someone to guide me.

Cuz there's no other forum that discusses Pokémon on such a big scale!

ROM hacking and the battle server.

The art corner, clubs and actually everything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back