• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite music from the Pokemon Games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, yeah! The games provided some of the most memorable soundtracks for the Pokemon fandom, so I figure this thread can be cool to share our most favourite and treasured soundtracks from the games. ^^

What are your favourite soundtracks from the Pokemon Games?

For example, I'll provide mine!

Pokemon Colosseum - Battle! VS. Trainer

Yeah, this track can get a little repetitive to some, but I really like this track because the mood and the tone let's you know, we're not screwing around in this Pokemon battle! Usually this played against Pokemon trainers like Riders, Hunters, Chasers, etc. Mostly shady people. Some even have their own Shadow Pokemon, which you know, they mean to win. Yikes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaYoXeWvag (YouTube was messing up while I was trying to embed the video)

There's been some amazing music in the Pokemon games over the years, and I have a lot of favourites, particularly from Generation 2 and 3, but for the sake of nostalgia, the opening theme from Emerald is my all time favourite. This sounds really cheesy or whatever but it really brings back a lot of emotions and memories for me, from the countless times I played Emerald as a kid and still continue to play it today, it was actually a big part of my life, and this music sums it up brilliantly.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I have many songs that I really love but lately I have discover the Sun and Moon Elite 4.... I really like it ? Maybe my favorite E4 song!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I have many songs that I really love but lately I have discover the Sun and Moon Elite 4.... I really like it ? Maybe my favorite E4 song!

That's a really good track! I think I enjoy it too; definitely tied with Hoenn's E4 music for me. <33

Speaking of Sun and Moon, I adore the Champion battle's track too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkK9r57BNk

Another one of my personal favourites, because it's such an upbeat and a raring-to-go type of tracks. ;v;

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Here's my favourite music from each game:

Red/BlueYellow: Champion battle

Gold/Silver/Crystal: Route 2

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Gym leader battle

FireRed/LeafGreen: Sevii Islands

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Route 216

HeartGold/SoulSilver: Ho-Oh battle

Black/White: Route 10

Black 2/White 2: Champion Iris battle

X/Y: Laverre City

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire: Zinnia battle

Sun/Moon: Malie City

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • That's a really good track! I think I enjoy it too; definitely tied with Hoenn's E4 music for me. <33

Speaking of Sun and Moon, I adore the Champion battle's track too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkK9r57BNk

Another one of my personal favourites, because it's such an upbeat and a raring-to-go type of tracks. ;v;

True! I really liked the original vibe hehe. I think SUn and Moon has a great soundtrackt overall, but mostly for the big battles like Elite 4, Champion, and team skull's bosses.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's so difficult to pick just one track, especially after some of the amazing music we got from Sun and Moon! Off the top of my head, Zinnia's encounter/battle theme, Alola's Elite Four music, Route 10, Twinleaf Town, and Village Bridge to name a few.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • My personal favorite is definitely the Dialga/Palkia encounter theme from the Diamond and Pearl games.

It just sounds so powerful, love it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Hard to narrow it to a single choice with the countless games. The music in general has always been an overlooked positive of the series.

A travesty that this song plays in area that can be passed in a mere few seconds. I love it.

And this one because of nostalgia:

And for a spin-off title:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • there's a ton of amazing music in the pokémon games, that's one of the reasons I love the series so much. my favorite remains the Village Bridge theme from BW2.

TOM The Amazing Tyranitar

"I am the mighty Tyranitar"
    Years
  • From Pokémon ORAS-

Petalburg Woods theme
    Mt. Pyre
    Vs. Trainer
    Elite 4 theme
    Vs. Steven Stone
    Encounter Wild Pokémon theme
    Encounter Reshiram/Zekrom theme
    Encounter Deoxys Theme
    Vs. Zinnia
    Other area themes

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Aaaa, I absolutely love the Sun/Moon soundtrack. Game Freak really pulled all the stops for this pair of games. My number one just has to be Gladion's encounter theme. Yeah, his actual battle theme's fantastic too, but his encounter theme is his personality - strong, a bit loud, and a little edgy. It also just...sounds better than his battle, to me. Less lighthearted, if I can use that to describe it.

I also love everything to do with Team Skull, especially the Team Skull Grunt theme. I've never really wanted to battle grunts of the antagonistic team before, but Team Skull changed that. Sometimes, I even dance along...

Owlet

Look for hope, it's searching for you.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    I still really enjoy the atmosphere created by the Lavender Town theme in Red/Blue :) It's spooky.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Boiii, I love Pokémon music so much. I actually listen to it more often than non-videogame music because they're all so good. My love for Pokémon music is very big.

Let's see, my absolute favourite is easy, it's this one:

I can imagine you thinking - "Huh, but there are way more impressive OSTs than this!" - and you're definitely right! But back when I played the Japanese Black and happened to hear this, it was able to soothe me so much that it was able to counter my fear and anxiety after a trauma relapse. Since then, you could say I have been listening to this song non-stop. On my way to school, studying, trying to fall asleep despite anxiety; I could listen to this at any given moment and I would not mind (the 15-minute loop is on my phone for that exact reason). So this became my favourite OST because of soothing effect on me, and it's also part of why I appreciate Black and White so much.

Aside from this one, there's still a loooooot of soundtracks I love to death. I have too much time on my hands so I will give my favourite(s) per game:
    Spoiler:

Back