• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Happy St Patrick's day
Dexnav and Friend Safari hunts without a shiny charm from the past 3 weeks
Named them (clockwise) Bronze, Cineta, Disco, Florian, Rathaniel, Tawali, Denisova and Mizuna

Attachments

• st patrick 21.jpg
    st patrick 21.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 4

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Hullo!

It's being a while but still hunting strong, well I started again after a break. Currently hunting in SW&SH for a wooloo.
Will be posting shinies when I get them.

Glad seeing the club is still running smooth & congrats on the club award!!!

@G-Money
Congrats on the 10 years dude, what an acomplishement and look at all those shinies :O

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Does anyone know shinyrates for dexnaving without shiny charm?

Originally I thought dexnaving was 1/512 regardless of chain and search level. But I've heard that shinyrate increases once you have a search level of 999.

I like to use the search level as a counter so when a hunt goes over 999 I save it at 989, then reset game when I do 10 encounters. It saves repels as well.

But I'm starting to think my odds are currently 1/4096 lol. Partly because the search level is under 999 and also because of the resetting the game.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Does anyone know shinyrates for dexnaving without shiny charm?

Originally I thought dexnaving was 1/512 regardless of chain and search level. But I've heard that shinyrate increases once you have a search level of 999.

I like to use the search level as a counter so when a hunt goes over 999 I save it at 989, then reset game when I do 10 encounters. It saves repels as well.

But I'm starting to think my odds are currently 1/4096 lol. Partly because the search level is under 999 and also because of the resetting the game.
Search Level does affect Shiny rates, 999 giving you the best odds. At 999 and without the Shiny Charm or keeping a chain, your Shiny odds would be 1/626, with a 4% chance of each encounter being 1/126 instead. This guy goes over the math: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH36JMQdKzc

Consider using your Repels as counters? Or just try to keep track in your head. I personally tend to keep count by playing Saria's Song (Zelda OOT) in my head. (One-one-one One-one-one One-one-one, Two-two-two Two-two-two Three-three-three, and so on.)

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
My shinies for the last couple of weeks in SW&SH!
Hunting dewpider & cubchoo atm, wish me luck!!

& SHINY VIBES TO ALL!!!

iAm0nPx.jpg

4JPVviP.jpg

4jUyTj8.jpg

WXWMQLm.jpg

wlk1dmE.jpg

ZTpcEB3.jpg

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Caught a shiny female Pangoro in Shield after joining a random raid.

In Gigantamax form it's hard to tell if it's shiny but I do like the brown fur and red hands the shiny form has. It was caught in a repeat ball.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today shiny Gothita showed up at 1,445 dexnav encounters. My next hunt is Elgyem. But it can have Teleport and Simple Beam :/

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Got them shinies today ^^
Dewpider finally shined & drifloon showed up around 30ish encounters.
The bewear is from a while ago, but I didn't show it off yet ^^

congrats on them shinies guys and
*shiny vibes* to all!!!!!!!!

BFMDiK0.jpg

UbxvD0s.jpg

Gzi5Y8I.jpg

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Shiny Cubone!!! What a cool shiny for a Ghost hunter, hahahaha! :laugh-squinted:

I've been hunting the daily Swarm Pokémon in Pearl, and last Saturday's was Cubone on Route 203! At around 9:47 PM on May 8th, 2021, I looked down at my DS and saw the swirling stars!! I'm glad I caught them, since I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise! Cubone's purplish shade is a pretty subtle change from regular Cubone, so the stars really saved me, haha! It looked absolutely dope in the dark of night! (btw the time-of-day differences in GenIV are absolutely dope...it's like a totally different region at the different times of day! And they're all amazingly cool!!!)

Cubone shone on encounter #8675 of my Swarm hunt, and I caught him on the first Dusk Ball attempt! I named him Fysdimor, a stylized spelling of the phonetically identical Fils de Mort, which is French for "Son of Death." :pink_laugh:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I'm not 100% certain but it seems that Simple Beam is always in the first slot and thus Teleport, the egg move, also takes the first slot overriding the learned attack. Phew so it can't have both attacks at the same time from my understanding. Unlike Ralts which can have Momento and Teleport 🤣

With that one I actually bred Kirlia with Muk so I could have one with Momento and Imprison. Switched Muk with Misdreavus to get a Misdreavus with Perish Song and Imprison before hunting Lapras in friend safari.

Last edited:
Years
First post here. Just wrapped up my shiny Love Ball Jangmo-o breeding. 1800 eggs for 3 of them so I that I could have all stages shiny ^.^ Sheesh Dragon eggs take so long to hatch T^T

My 3rd one to hatch:
Spoiler:

Also, yesterday, I accidentally bumped into a random stufful while hatching eggs and got this:
Spoiler:

A Pokemon Camp image with all 3 Jangmo-o stages:
Spoiler:

2 Pokemon Camp images with the Shiny stufful, as well as feebas & Milotic (my previous shiny breed before jangmo-o was a love ball & level ball Feebas):
Spoiler:

I haven't yet compiled a list of shinies I own. I'll include that in my next post if that's not a problem.

Edit: put a link in my signature to what shinies I have. The bred page images seem to bug out and require you to click a diff page after clicking on it, and then going back to it to properly align.

Attachments

• feebas-camp.jpg
    feebas-camp.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 125
  • feebas-camp4.jpg
    feebas-camp4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 124
  • jangmo-camp4.jpg
    jangmo-camp4.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 138
  • jangmo-o3.jpg
    jangmo-o3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 127
  • stufful.jpg
    stufful.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

pkmin3033

Hello! Wanted to ask a question of experienced shiny hunters - where there is a choice, for Legendary Pokemon would you recommend soft resetting Ultra Wormholes in USUM, or repeating Dynamax Adventures? I'm wondering if the 1/100 chance is really less time consuming when you have to go through the entire thing beforehand, as opposed to just resetting over and over with significantly higher odds. Would be interested to hear some thoughts :3

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Hello! Wanted to ask a question of experienced shiny hunters - where there is a choice, for Legendary Pokemon would you recommend soft resetting Ultra Wormholes in USUM, or repeating Dynamax Adventures? I'm wondering if the 1/100 chance is really less time consuming when you have to go through the entire thing beforehand, as opposed to just resetting over and over with significantly higher odds. Would be interested to hear some thoughts :3

I think you should choose the method you think, you can keep doing the longest and is most enjoyable for you. ^^

Also another round of shinies :D

a25rpBv.jpg

9PyU5a5.jpg

cktX1uk.jpg

AWDXlhi.jpg

*sendings shiny vibes to all*

Years
Caught these in Wild Overworld Encounters:
Spoiler:

Shiny bred and evolved these:
Spoiler:

Also, I've put a shiny sheet in my signature. Original Post of this thread said to list all shinies I have.
The bred page is bugged for some reason (probably too many images). The pics will be displaced. To Fix: Click on a diff tab, then go back to the Bred page.
Also my next shiny breed will probably be a Dream Ball Espeon. Gonna go play New Pokemon Snap first now though =)

Attachments

• sylveon.jpg
    sylveon.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 113
  • chewtle.jpg
    chewtle.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 112
  • heatmor.jpg
    heatmor.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 113
  • lopunny.jpg
    lopunny.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 113
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got shiny Elgyem today in about 750 dexnavs.

It had Teleport so switched to Dugtrio with Arena Trap and fortunately caught it full health awake in an ultra ball. It was level 49.

I now am thiefing some Charcoal off Vulpix to get my money back up.

G-Money

Years
OMG shiny Anorith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it!! Anorith shone on SR #16356, at 7:19 AM on June 3rd!! I woke up like 40 minutes before my alarm was set to go off on Thursday morning, and after a few minutes of trying to fall back asleep, I figured that I wouldn't have much more time to sleep once I managed to fall back asleep anyway, so I might as well get some shiny hunting in, "lol!"!! I fired up Pearl and checked the daily Swarm, and as always on days that the Swarm ends up being some lame Pokémon, I headed over to SR for my favorite fossil!

And Anorith shone!! I'd never seen what shiny Anorith looked like before, and it looks pretty cool! It's like a shinier and slicker-looking Anorith, hahaha! It really does shine and look super rare! :laugh-squinted:

I named him Trylo, since he kind of reminds me of a trilobite. Gosh, I haven't seen one of those guys for a long time... :pink_confused:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And a huge thanks to VIsionofMilotic for naming us Club of the Month!!! :boogie: :pink_boogie: :boogie: :pink_boogie:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I've been dexnaving both Elgyem and Vulpix for Charcoal and today my 4th shiny Vulpix appeared.

G-Money

Years
SHINY SEVIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I got one the coolest shinies ever!!!! The truly polychromatic iridescent beauty, Seviper!!!

I was hunting the daily Swarm in Pearl, and last Saturday, June 19th, the Swarm was Dunsparce on Route 208. Route 208 has Seviper show up too if you put Sapphire into the DS's GBA slot, so of course I did that for a chance at another super-cool shiny, and it worked!! Axiom 22 ftw!!!! :laugh-squinted: :pink_boogie: :laugh-squinted:

I knew it was shiny before it was even all the way across the screen, haha, hahaha! Shiny Seviper looks amazing!!!!!!! :laugh:

When Seviper appeared, I swapped out my Illuminate Volbeat for my Kricketune with Sing, and it let off a melody to echo through the night. The Sing worked, and shiny Seviper fell asleep! But I forgot one thing...

...Seviper has Shed Skin, which brushes off the status change! The wild Seviper woke up!

"lol!" I totally was caught off guard by that, but I tossed Luxury Balls at the beauteous serpent, and the second Luxury Ball caught it! Woo-hoo! :pink_boogie:

I found Seviper at 6:30 PM on June 19th, 2021, and he shone on encounter #7016 of my Pearl Swarm hunt. I named him Severus - the name that sounds most like Seviper - which also makes him...

*lowers sunglasses*

...Severus Snake! :laugh:

Spoiler:

I've been dexnaving both Elgyem and Vulpix for Charcoal and today my 4th shiny Vulpix appeared.

Congrats on the fourth shiny Vulpix - that's a really cool shiny! And hunting Charcoal is a really cool and unique way of raising money, haha! I've never heard of anyone doing that before, but it's a terrific idea! :smile:

Last edited:
Back