• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Does anyone else have experience finding shiny pokemon in the rustling grass randomly? Is the experience I am describing indeed something rare that can happen with the pokeradar? Shiny pokemon in regular moving grass tiles, no sparkles in the overworld? I haven't been able to find a lot of documentation about this, but there isn't as much copious info on the pokeradar in general since it's not quite as popular as some of the other gen 6 shiny hunting methods like friend safari, chain fishing, Dexnav or masuda. Just because I haven't read about it doesn't mean it's not true. Please tell me I'm not crazy y'all. I couldn't have imagined this.

I haven't in Gen. 6, but I think a Shiny Chingling that I found while chaining in Gen. 4 came from non-sparkling grass. Can't say for certain though since I don't record my hunts. However, I did see someone on YouTube get a Shiny Kirlia in Gen. 4 from a non-Shiny patch. I assume the same can happen in Gen. 6, and that the Shiny rate from these patches is the same as finding a random Shiny.

RIP Shiny Weepinbell... :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello everyone! Seeing as this is my first post here, I will detail all of my legit shinies. 😉 My first ever was around 2005 in Emerald, I was 10-11ish with no idea of what a shiny was when I happened upon a green Marill near the Winstrates (I think...). Lucky, even though I didn't know what I shiny was, I caught it and ended up with a golden Azumarill. Eventually though, I restarted the game and lost it forever. 😆

I didn't find another legit shiny until Gen 6 where I got a shiny Bergmite, Murkrow, and Boldore which are lost forever because I forgot the Accounts info.. oh well. Gen 6 is also when I got really into breeding and competitive and I ended up breeding a shiny Absol which was neat but I also lost that on the old account.

Now to my current shinies, all on my current account. From random wild encounters and dynamax raids I have a shiny Stufful, Midday Lycanrock, Mr. Mime, Dusclops, and Nidoking (it was my first Crown Tundra encounter and I am super proud of it). I have been getting a lot of shinies in Gen 8 because I have the shiny charm and use the Masuda Method while breeding. I have bred shiny Rotom, Toxapex, Grimmsnarl, Corviknight,and Charizard all in under 50 eggs. I have a notebook where I track Nuzlockes and shiny egg hunts and so far I have three hunts going past 50 eggs. I got Hawlucha in 64 and gave up on Magikarp at around 400 (I lost exact count on that one). My current hunt has been going for two days and it is Aegislash with 101 eggs hatched so far. I have kept two Honedge that are Modest 6 IVs so if you need one let me know!

Edit: I also bred shiny Tyranitar and Feraligatr, not sure how many eggs though, they were both before I started counting.

Years
  • Just got my Shiny 5IV Honedge after 356 eggs! Took a break two days ago and just sat down to hatch more, 16 eggs in I got it! Next up is Glarian Zigzagoon.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Did it... *puts on sunglasses* blow you away? YEEEAAAHHHHHHHH
    More like blew itself away (though I did get blown away by a Shiny Pidgeotto before).

It's all good, though. Shiny Baltoy wasn't high on my wishlist and I found this just a few hours later. :)

ypuwI1k.jpg

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Oh nice! Shiny Sandslash looks great.
    I think I'm going to keep it a Sandshrew, tbh. Sandshrew is a little more significant to me than Sandslash (it was my first toy from Burger King back in the day and one of my first Pokémon toys in general). Plus, I'm not really a big fan of the color red.

If I end up finding another Shiny Sandshrew while hunting Trapinch, however, I'll evolve one of them.

Years
  • I think I'm going to keep it a Sandshrew, tbh. Sandshrew is a little more significant to me than Sandslash (it was my first toy from Burger King back in the day and one of my first Pokémon toys in general). Plus, I'm not really a big fan of the color red.

If I end up finding another Shiny Sandshrew while hunting Trapinch, however, I'll evolve one of them.

Sandshrew is one of my favorite non-evolved mons, very cute. Good luck on Trapinch! Shiny Flygon is S tier! I took a long break after getting my Honedge but I think I am going to go for Galarian Zigzagoon soon.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Sandshrew is one of my favorite non-evolved mons, very cute. Good luck on Trapinch! Shiny Flygon is S tier! I took a long break after getting my Honedge but I think I am going to go for Galarian Zigzagoon soon.
    I've been meaning to hunt Shiny Flygon for a while. Several of my older hunts were inspired by things I'd found IRL and there was one time when an adult antlion found its way into my room (probably hitched a ride on me when I was out looking for moths). I didn't know what it was at first, but I was excited when I figured it out since I knew that Flygon was based on adult antlions.

Spoiler:

Good luck!

Years
  • I've been meaning to hunt Shiny Flygon for a while. Several of my older hunts were inspired by things I'd found IRL and there was one time when an adult antlion found its way into my room (probably hitched a ride on me when I was out looking for moths). I didn't know what it was at first, but I was excited when I figured it out since I knew that Flygon was based on adult antlions.

Spoiler:

Good luck!

Oh very cool! It is always fun when you can find links from Pokemon (or any fandom you enjoy) to the real world like that! Started hunting Zigzagoon yesterday, only 10 eggs in but I think I'll do more today.

Years
  • It finally happened! I captured my target of a shiny mincinno after hunting on and off in a friend's normal type safari since October. I ran into more than half a dozen shiny lillipup in this safari before meeting this little one. I captured her in a heal ball, which suits her pastel rose color scheme nicely I think. I named this new pokemon Pink Mink, the name of a beauty store in my area.

I'll keep some of the shiny lillipup even though it wasn't what I was looking for, a shiny is still a shiny. However, I have so many that I can spare some shiny lillipup if anyone wants one. I caught enough to have myself a shiny from each stage of the lillipup evolutionary line, and still have 3 or 4 leftover to give away. If anyone has the capacity for a 3ds trade and is interested let me know. They are mostly adamant nature because I was synchronizing at the time.

Incidentally, I wasn't using synchronize when I caught Mincinnio at long last. On that occasion I had a male jigglypuff with cute charm leading the party. It may have been a fluke. While I know the overworld effect of cute charm makes pokemon 2-3 times more likely to be the opposite gender of the user, I am not sure exactly how this ability works on Pokemon like mincinnio that already have higher odds of being one gender-- I.e 75% are female. It couldn't have hurt though.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 10 years!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 10 years since I joined the SHC, and I couldn't be happier!! Joining PC's coolest club was definitely the best decision of my life, and I've had an absolute blast so far - here's to 10 more fantastically spectacular years of shiny hunting!!! :boogie:

In my very first post back on January 26th, 2011, I included the following list:

Slugma (Emerald) - Random Encounter
    Electrode (Ruby) - Random Encounter
    Shuppet (Emerald) - Random Encounter
    Zangoose (Ruby) - Random Encounter
    Dialga (Diamond) - SR
    Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
    Uxie (Diamond) - SR
    Bibarel (Diamond) - Safari Zone
    Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
    Magnemite (Diamond) - Egg Hatching
    Tangela (LeafGreen) - Random Encounter
    Giratina (Diamond) - SR

I think it's time for an update! Let's see what my SHC adventures have added; behold, G-Money's Official 10-Years-Posting-In-The-SHC Shiny Update!!!

Spoiler:

Wait, what's that last one? I don't remember a shiny Smoochum in there...

OMG Shiny SMOOCHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another swarm shiny!! I found Smooch at 11:50 AM on August 29th, 2020. I would've never known that it was shiny, but when I looked down to check my DS, I saw the last corner of sparkles dissipating! "lol" I was so shocked to see those stars, since I couldn't tell that the Smoochum was different from all the others I'd encountered, haha. I got so lucky that I looked down in time to see the stars!!! The thing was a toughie to capture, taking 15 Heal Balls! I only had 17 on me, so it was quite serendipitous that Smooch relented when it did, haha!

It shone on encounter #6612 of my Pearl swarm hunt! I named her Brrigette, a combination of "Brrr!" and frigid, since, y'know, it's an Ice-type Pokémon... *hears nickname masters icycatelf and the Alolan naturalist groaning from across oceans and continents*

Spoiler:

"lol" so I caught shiny Smooch back in August and saved the above couple of paragraphs as a draft, but I forgot to post it!! :laugh:

This latest capture brings my grand total to...

*drumroll*

91 shinies!!!

We know what the next goal is: onward to 100!! :pink_boogie:

Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies, welcome to all the new members, and may we all continue stupendous shiny adventures over the next decade!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    Hi, I'm Nick. Am new here (on the fourms) and was hoping to join so here's my first post.

in the mainline games the shinies I have are:
    Gyarados (in soulsilver from the lake of rage)
    And Zubat (also in soulsilver, Caught via random encounters at 374 encounters, the night before my birthday as well making it feel quite special)

Am currently hunting bellsprout in soul silver (random encounters)
    Hoot hoot in soul silver (random encounters)
    and charmander in leaf green (soft resetting)

I also have 38 shinies in pokemon go but am only gunna update on mainline shinies here.

Years
  • Over my last few hunts only, I started counting my encounters but I have gotten quite a few over the years, I'll try to catalog all of them here though. I am not counting gift Pokemon either.

Sapphire: Marill

In Pokemon Y: Bergmite, Absol, Boldore, Feraligatr, Murkrow.

ORAS: Zubat

In USUM: Buizel, Tyranitar (I didn't play much because Gen 7 was ass)

In Shield (This is where my shinies have popped off, my luck has been nasty): Nidoking (first encounter in Crown Tundra), Stufful. Next section are max raid battles: Lycanroc Midday, Dusclops, Mr. Mime. The rest are from hatching and the first section are approximations within 5 eggs and the second section are exacts eggs. Impidimp-74, Rotom-28, Rookidee-38, Charmander-25 and now the exact counts, Mareanie-13, Hawlucha-64, Honedge-356, Zigzagoon-105.

If I think of any more I will add them too. My current hunt is Magikarp at 360 eggs hatched using Shiny Charm and Masuda method.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Been a while since I posted but recently completed some very fun hunts for the lunar year of the Ox and for Valentine's day.
    The Oxen are Roquefort the miltank (Masuda method+ SC, slightly under odds), Colorado the Bouffalant (898 Dexnav, no SC), and Big Bos the Tauros (also Masuda+SC, some 200 eggs)
    The Pink crew were caught in the FS with no SC (Rhoda the wobbuffet, Felix the espurr, Sakura the pachirisu), with SOS+SC (Tamarin the aipom, Alexandria the flaaffy, Mimosa the oricorio and Prima Donna the smoochum) and Island scan (Sun Wukong the monferno)

Also shout out to @visionsofmilotic who's been a great trading buddy for friend safari duplicates :)

Attachments

• valentines 21 (1).jpg
      valentines 21 (1).jpg
      324.1 KB · Views: 2
    • valentines 21 (2).jpg
      valentines 21 (2).jpg
      348.6 KB · Views: 2
    • oxen.jpg
      oxen.jpg
      255.5 KB · Views: 2
    Years
  • Just got a shiny Dratini after 377 eggs, Unfortunately, it is only 4iv with Shed Skin so I have some work to do to make it competitively viable. Super stoked to get it though, was about 3 days of pretty consistent hatching, those pseudos... 🙄

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'd been bouncing between a few Shiny hunts, but I decided to focus on Luxio after a thread earlier this month reminded me of just how happy Luxio makes me. Got my full-odds golden boy today (caught as Shinx)! :D

nqZHUv9.jpg

I'm not going to evolve him into Luxray. Nothing against Luxray, Luxio just makes me happier!

Updated Gen. IV team:

lpibZR7.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd been bouncing between a few Shiny hunts, but I decided to focus on Luxio after a thread earlier this month reminded me of just how happy Luxio makes me. Got my full-odds golden boy today (caught as Shinx)! :D

nqZHUv9.jpg

I'm not going to evolve him into Luxray. Nothing against Luxray, Luxio just makes me happier!

Updated Gen. IV team:

lpibZR7.jpg

Congrats on that handsome shiny Luxio. This is one that has been alluding me for awhile. I love the warm gold, honey tones, it really fits the lion. You're amazing for hunting it full odds too. Your team is looking good.

I love how hgss goes the extra mile and the overworld sprites of the Pokemon following you stay true to their shiny form. You all look marvellous posing for your picture!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Hey, I'm back after a pretty long hiatus, and I'm currently doing a shiny-only run of Shield. :) So far I've gotten a Wooloo after roughly 1553 encounters, and now I'm hunting for Chewtle and Blipbug at the same time.

Back