• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I have had some crazy luck this weekend! on friday I caught a Palkia that I had been hunting basically all week, and then like an hour later I caught Kyogre! Neither are my favorite shinies ever but I guess I kind of like that Kyogre, king of the water types, does the same "pink/purple" shiny thing as, like, every water type basically.
    I own ultra moon and alpha sapphire, and most of the version exclusive legendaries I have access to are repeated in both games, with the notable exception of palkia/dialga (also I can get Raikou in AS but not UM) so I thought I'd try to get dialga. I don't have the shiny charm in AS though, and it's a tedious hunt because you have to soar everytime (and go through that animation) so after a day and a half of hunting I was really second guessing myself, thinking I was gonna spend so much time in this hunt and maybe it wasn't worth it. I'm so glad I kept going because I got Dialga, my first full odd shiny legend, obviously way under odds! Then just a while ago I got Yveltal, which I was hunting at the same time as Dialga on a borrowed DS. It's so beautful!! I don't know why it had never caught my attention too much, because it is striking!
    So here are the big bois with their rhyming names

Attachments

• IMG_20200726_204532.jpg
      IMG_20200726_204532.jpg
      303.1 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    So it had been a while since I did a themed hunt (the legendary hunts were somewhat unplanned, though very, very welcome ahah). Buzzing their way through summer, here's my july-wide bug themed hunt complete with my signature terrible editing! I was inspired by how buggy the summer is, and especially by the millions of mosquitoes who are constantly bugging me, pun intended. Having recently discovered the joys of Friend Safari, I used it to get Apis the disappointingly male combee, Hestia the Larvesta (so happy!!), Annona the beautifly , Noni the cascoon , Actias the dustox . I also horde hunted Myrmetal the durant, and dexnaved Purmple the Wurmple and Viridis the Kakuna(all gen 5 shinies are without the charm) and then I SOS hunted Aporia the caterpie, Cordy the Paras and Denkimushi the grubin.

Attachments

• BUGS OF SUMMER.jpg
      BUGS OF SUMMER.jpg
      463.2 KB · Views: 6

Chron

The Forgetful One
    Years
  • This past Summer I started up my legendary shiny hunts in Ultra Sun and Alpha Sapphire. My eventual goal is a living shiny dex with everyone transferred to Home/SwSh, but for now I'm just having fun with getting into shiny hunts for the first time in a while. Starting in Ultra Sun with a shiny charm, my first legend hunt was a doozy, probably took close to 3,000 SR's and almost made me give up several times, but I finally got a shiny Reshiram. I went into the second hunt with a bit more confidence, and also started using synchronize to try to get a preferred nature, and ended up spotting shiny Virizion 151 SR's in, with the Jolly nature I wanted as well. The third hunt that I successfully completed ended up being Terrakion, which shattered all expectations when I found the alternate palette after only 17 resets! Only downside is that I wasn't as lucky with the nature for this mon.

I'm still working on Cobalion right now but hope to have fruitful results soon. In the meantime, I completed the national dex for Alpha Sapphire and restarted the game so that I could get to the legendaries at the end with a shiny charm in hand. It was going smoothly until I realized that you are forced to encounter Latias after the 5th badge, but can't collect the shiny charm until much later. And seeing as how this is my only opportunity to get shiny Latias since I don't have Omega Ruby, I've started the agonizing task of shiny hunting Latias through a 5 minute cutscene at full odds. Fully expecting this hunt could take months, but I look forward to (eventually) showing off the fruit of my labor here. :P

Attachments

• 20200806_075005.jpg
      20200806_075005.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 4
    • 20200806_075025.jpg
      20200806_075025.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 3
    • 20200806_075018.jpg
      20200806_075018.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 4
    Years
  • I'm still hunting for that shiny scorbunny. not sure how many eggs now, probably a few hundred at least... which isn't much yeah, but I'm hoping I'll get it sooner rather than later. the fact that the next dlc will probably introduce an ability capsule that can change a regular ability to hidden makes me so much more relieved about if I end up hatching one with blaze hahaha

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Hello to everyone! I just have a question. I have to ask it here because I can't find a reliable answer via Google.

In Ultra Sun, I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Fennekin (which I could hopefully transfer eventually to Shield or future games) with a Delphox I caught myself and a foreign Incineroar. I received that foreign Incineroar as a Litten through Wonder Trade, and when it evolved, its name reverted back to English. Will Masuda Method still work? I have already hatched more than 200 Fennekin eggs without luck. 🙁

I was successful with Beldum though. I managed to hatch a Shiny Beldum with less than 100 eggs by pairing my Metagross with a Korean Ditto.
    EfI3uSPWkAMoGKm

And to share something, I have only two Shinies in my Galar Hall of Fame Team 🙂

I transferred this Espeon from Pokemon Crystal VC via Pokemon Transporter and then to Pokemon HOME.
    Ed1mwR7UEAA_i7T

I found this Rapidash as a Ponyta in Glimwood Tangle after searching for about 24 hours of gameplay. It took 543 encounters of Ponyta (with only 10% chance of appearing via random encounter in grass).
    EeJG3BoUcAAr79U

I have some other Shinies aside from them.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Hello to everyone! I just have a question. I have to ask it here because I can't find a reliable answer via Google.

In Ultra Sun, I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Fennekin (which I could hopefully transfer eventually to Shield or future games) with a Delphox I caught myself and a foreign Incineroar. I received that foreign Incineroar as a Litten through Wonder Trade, and when it evolved, its name reverted back to English. Will Masuda Method still work? I have already hatched more than 200 Fennekin eggs without luck. ������

Yes, it will still work. If you look at the Pokémon's summary, even though its name is English, you should see a tag next to its level that shows the original language. Even with a higher chance, it could still take over 1000 eggs to hatch a Shiny via Masuda method—it's all in the RNG.

However, I'm not sure how it would work if the Litten was obtained as an egg in an English game and hatched in a foreign game. (I assume that this would make the Litten/Incineroar English and therefore wouldn't work.)

Last edited:

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Yes, it will still work. If you look at the Pokémon's summary, even though its name is English, you should see a tag next to its level that shows the original language. Even with a higher chance, it could still take over 1000 eggs to hatch a Shiny via Masuda method—it's all in the RNG.

Yeah, looks like it worked because a Shiny Fennekin hatched in the 338th egg! I was expecting a Shiny to hatch in the 683rd egg, but it came much earlier than expected. 🙂

And whenever I transfer a foreign Pokemon that evolved (and had its name revert to English) to Pokemon HOME, its name reverts to foreign language.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    After last month's bug-themed hunt (see my previous post) I decided to do a more broadly summer-themed hunt. I Horde-hunted Gelata the ice cream cone in gen 6, no SC. I SOS hunted Kehena the sandcastle in gen 7 with SC. I hatched Folia the summer deer (MM+SC) and Rotomatik the fan (gotta beat the heat, also MM+SC), and since summer is not all sunshine, I SR-hunted Raijin the thunderstorm man (with SC). And then, with all of these hunts taking a reasonable amount of time, the dumbest of the bunch decided to make me work hard for it. Heliotrope the sunflower decided to bloom after two long failed phases of friend safari hunting (no SC) and switching to dexnav for 980+ searches (also no SC) but I finally got him and promptly evolved him.

Attachments

• SUMMER.jpg
      SUMMER.jpg
      515.2 KB · Views: 6

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Catching up, the time really does fly when you're in a pandemic and every month there's a brand new disaster. But this thread makes me feel happy.

I've caught a bunch of Pokemon Go shinies thanks to Community Days and GO Fest 2020, including some more shiny Gastly. My shiny Gengar is still all the way back in older games, so it's nice to have another in both PoGo and I transferred one to Let's Go then to Home then to SwSh, where I trained it and gave it the Max Soup to make shiny GMax Gengar which is pretty cool!
    My attempts to hatch shinies in Sword have never come to fruition however. I had been hatching Galar Corsola before hatching Deino for a friend. I hatched a shiny one on the fifth and final egg! But since then I haven't hatched a single one. I tried hatching Galar Yamask to try and get one for the Zeraora raid event (which I got the shiny Zeraora from Home) but after 300+ eggs it never came. I was working on getting breeding materials together to hatch for a shiny Silicobra, but I started to lose interest again outside of raid chances. Pokemon Go is a different story though. I play it every time I go out, and even though I don't battle on there I'm heavily invested in it especially since Remote Raid Passes are a thing. The last shiny I got was a shiny Unown as the second-to-last spawn during GO Fest Makeup day. It was the only shiny I found that day despite playing all three hours. It must have been because I had to use Incense and did not go out (I still live in a rural area.) But I'm glad I got it because it's extra special; there, Unown typically only appear during extremely special events such as Safari Zones and Pokemon GO Fest which are usually restricted to specific real world places and require tickets paid with real money. There's no way I'll ever be able to go someplace where those are held, so I took the dive with GO Fest 2020 since it was worldwide. I wanted a shiny Unown the most on those two days but didn't get it. So getting one on the makeup day made me satisfied (and not extremely angry I wasted 3 hours.) I'll have to make a list of my Go shinies. My first one was an Aron. Most of them are shinies I already got in the past, but some were new to me like the Alolan Exeggutor and Zangooses (Zangeese?) I got on GO Fest. But I like having them on there because it's not like I can bring my old friends to Go. And I don't want to bring some of them to future games because of how mechanics have changed (I'm looking at you, Cursed Body Gengar.)

Me and my friends participated in the Max Raid Battles in SwSh for shiny GMax Eevee and Meowth, so I have them to thank for allowing me to play with them and catch them. I returned the favor when I found the shiny Wailord den, but it took us hours for it to finally stay in the ball for them.

I still upload videos to my YouTube channel, but they're not as in order as I used to upload them because it got harder to keep track when Pokemon Go came out.

It might be easier to give you all a list of what I'm wanting to hunt now, at least in SwSh:
    Silicobra
    Galarian Corsola
    Scorbunny (with HA, I'm hoping the datamined item from the next DLC is real allowing you to switch to HAs in case I can't get it on this one or Corsola)
    Blipbug
    Applin
    Toxel
    Rookidee
    Impidimp
    Clobbopuss
    Galarian Meowth (I wanna try fighting them in the wild)
    Galarian Yamask (still hatching these, I put in too much effort not to get it and I need Trick Room anyways)
    Cufant

and more. A huge list for someone not interested in grinding eggs. But to date the only Galarian Pokemon I have that's shiny is my shiny Dracovish which took a long, long time to get because the fossils are full odds even if you have the Charm.

Congrats on all the new shinies, and very cool to see new faces and old ones as well. :) Club of the Year!!!!!

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • I have a question about overworld spawns in SwSh.

Is their Shininess determined already as soon as they spawn? Or only when you bump into them? If the case is the former, then there's no use soft resetting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just to share: Another Shiny I transferred from Pokemon Crystal VC

EgKs5R_UcAA-V3u

This one took me more than a hundred eggs!

And more Shinies that I got from Ultra Space Wilds

https://twitter.com/Hocus_Pokemon/status/1297456007665180672

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • My first Shiny in over a month! I just recently got one of the ultra rare Cram-o-matic Balls (Safari Ball) and decided to try catching a Shiny Bergmite with it (Luxio was tempting and probably better suited for the Safari theme, but I think I'd rather hunt it in HGSS). At one point while doing my encounters, I got boxed in by a couple Jellicent and a Clobbopus. The Clobbopus was Shiny (full-odds too, I reckon)!

3eg6qDh.jpg

I'm thinking about naming him Perry, after his periwinkle coloring. (Believe it or not, that wasn't an intentional Phineas and Ferb reference.)

(PERRY ♪ PERRY THE CLOBBOPUS ♪)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Last month I posted my summer hunt, and in September I kept it going with a fall hunt focusing on changing foliage (although there is an impostor among us). Pitcher the bellsprout was a quick horde encounter in X, Petrichor the Shroomish was 600 dexnav in AS, Nictynasty the Phantump was from FS in X, Shroom Bloom the Morelull and Shohin the Bonsly were both SOS (with SC in Sun) and Sylvia the Fall Deerling was probaby my most unpleasant hunt yet (MM+SC for several weeks, lost count).
    I had hoped for a chikorita but I was so fed up with breeding and didn't have much time to hunt one in Island Scan so I'll have to get it some other time. Now I'm gearing up for a Halloween hunt and I have so many good ones to hunt.

Attachments

• Pumpkin Spice.jpg
      Pumpkin Spice.jpg
      253.6 KB · Views: 4

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • The Sneasel hunt continues, but I got this after only 5 encounters this morning!

zKoVzk7.jpg

I failed to capture a Shiny Quagsire when I found one in the Great Marsh years ago, so I'm glad to finally have one! I named her Tama (ball) because I remembered Quagsire liking round things in the anime.

Years
  • I know Summer is long gone, but I kept forgetting posting my hunts here. I decided to include a small story behind the team to make it more fun.

Let's start with the one I decided to call "One day at a beach". The idea behind it is simple: What can you see on beach?

I94vEUm.png

Let's start with you. Slightly burned, but enjoying your stay.

bkd60BQ.png

But then, an annoying kid runs all over you and kicks a sand in your face. Well, we were all once kids.

ji7EW1p.png

So it's time to go to sea to get rid of that sand. While going there, you can see the kid's mum.

oiC7cj8.png

The sea is great. You can clearly see a beautiful and colorful corals.

0ya68EY.png

And fish are swimming all around you.

P0VG7bI.png

You return back on your lounger and watch a surfer taking on a huge waves in a distance...

Next up is "Going hiking" theme team. It tells a story of a family hiking trip.

RmFmzbP.png
    NsN4N0W.png

You and your family decide to go hiking.

bX35sXG.png

The mountain is huge, but after several hours, you claimed the top.

OAJWWAT.png

But it took you the whole day, so you decided to stay at the top for the night.

QaKteYW.png

You can see shooting stars in the sky.

aMh4Tx3.png

And in the morning, you woke up to the balloons flying high...

Since it's October now, I think my next theme team will be spooky. I might finally hunt shiny Phantump, since that's my favourite Ghost-type.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Shinies apparently aren't as rare in this game (about 1-2% as far as I can find), but I started Pokémon Quest a few days ago and scored a Shiny Eevee! I didn't even know that this game had Shinies!

avUvHiU.jpg

Funny that my first Shiny was Eevee when the only Shiny on my "IRL Team" is an Eevee.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Not sure what the odds are, but I got a Shiny Kangaskhan from a Dynamax Adventure! It would seem that Dynamax Adventure Shinies don't show their Shininess until after you catch them and finish the challenge.

Z0Goyea.jpg

EDIT 2: Shiny odds in Dynamax Adventures is apparently 1/300.

Also, I finally got an Ability Patch and used it on my Shiny Alolan Sandslash. I can also confirm that the Ability Patch does NOT allow you to change a Hidden Ability to a regular Ability. (Unfortunately, this means no Serene Grace for my Shiny Dunsparce from VC Gold...)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used the pokeradar on my copy of Pokemon Y to catch a shiny skiddo for a friend the day before yesterday. I caught this female skiddo in the big purple flower patch surrounding a boulder on route 5. It's the place underneath the track from to the roller skating course.

I was extremely lucky and found Skiddo on a chain of only 3!!!!! I don't believe the fast music was playing, but maybe it did start, and I was just so excited and shocked to see the sudden sparkle that the music escaped my notice.

This Skiddo is a special gift for a friend of mine who is getting married soon. Since we are both Pokemon fans I wanted to give her a shiny pokemon for good luck on her wedding day, and asked her what pokemon would most like. She picked a shiny gogoat.

You don't see gogoat a whole lot, but I think this line of Pokemon is well-designed with lots of interesting utility moves. Being able to learn milk drink is awesome. I also have some fun memories of riding on Gogoat and Skiddo at Lumiose City, and I think on a ranch in-game. So I'd say this is an underrated Pokemon that we should see more, you don't encounter it much outside of XY.

I hadn't paid much attention to the shinies of this evolutionary line before, but now that I have set eyes on shiny Skiddo first hand I can see why she wanted this Pokemon. It's really a pretty and whimsical shiny. I love all the gold skiddo is sporting. It reminds me of the golden fleece from Greek mythology. I haven't got the heart to evolve it because I think skiddo is the cutest, but I will be saying farewell to Skiddo and trading this little one to a friend in a few days, so the it will be entirely up to her if skiddo ultimately becomes a Gogoat.

I fought the impulsive urge to name Skiddo Mountain Dew, because my friend already asked me to name the pokemon Evergreen for her. So this Skiddo has been named Evergreen, and is awaiting her true trainer to come pick her up tomorrow.

This Skiddo is naughty natured, I was synchronizing for Adamant, but it's still an attack boosting nature, and I am grateful for whatever I could find using this really erratic method of hunting shinies. I usually stay away from the pokeradar, but after spending a month slowly hatching eggs with the Masuda method, and not having much luck I decided to roll the dice and try something different. I am glad that I did!

This is not the only shiny pokemon I snagged for a friend recently. Earlier this month I chained for a shiny cottonee for a different friend of mine. He didn't ask for it, but since Whimsicott is his signature pokemon I want him to have it. Nice timid nature like I was shooting for, thank you Alakazam for lending me your synchronize ability!

Shiny Whimsicott looks lovely with the darker coloration and dash of midnight blue, but I like shiny Cottonee best. I have a weakness it seems for golden shinies. I have tentatively named this one Dreamsicle, but I will let my friend ultimately pick the name this time too.

Last but not least I captured a shiny, modest Wartotle this month on Friend Safari for a third friend of mine who I knew was feeling down, and liked this pokemon. I got it for her as a surprise in hopes that it would cheer her up. She asked that I name him Krile. Turquoise was what I called him briefly until I went the name changer and got him the name that made her happy. Krile is now in a loving home with his new trainer!

I think shiny Wartotle looks the best of all the middle stage Kanto starter Pokemon. The pictures don't do it justice. He is periwinkle with a sea green tail and back shell.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    i had a great haul (which I definitely put many, many hours in) this spooktober and I'm quite satisfied. i tried hard for pumpkaboo, to no avail, but I'm still so happy with my spooky bois
    hemogoblin the dusclops (FS, no SC), Tela the spinarak (SOS+SC), Evening the Zubat (hordes, no SC), Umbro the shuppet (FS, no SC), Banshee the Misdreavus (SOS+SC) and Lucerna the lampent (FS, no SC) Kodama the trevenant (Dexnav, no SC), Cyclobe the dusknoir (FS no SC), Vortex the spiritomb (MM+SC), Galatine the honedge (island scan+ SC), Rictus the gastly (SOS+ SC), Hydrilla the dewpider (SOS+ SC) and Williwaw the driftloon (SOS+ SC)

I have a few spare lampents I might be willing to trade away for your spare Friend safari shinies so DM me!

Attachments

• Spooktober1.jpg
      Spooktober1.jpg
      212.7 KB · Views: 3
    • Spooktober2.jpg
      Spooktober2.jpg
      245.9 KB · Views: 3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Not the male I was hoping for, but I finally got a pre-3DS full-odds Shiny Sneasel! Caught her in Diamond and traded to SoulSilver where the shorter feather isn't as noticeable.

yosW09K.jpg

Same nickname as my Sneasel from Moon, but I might change it later if I can think of something I like more.

Unless I find a male while training her and my Shiny Quagsire, I reckon this finishes off my Gen. IV full-odds Shiny team!

iriaGOB.jpg

EDIT: Full-odds(?) Shiny Avalugg!

JnSoEiY.jpg

I love how Shiny Avalugg looks this Gen! I named him Herbert (from sherbert, an alternative spelling of sherbet) and caught him in a Heavy Ball. :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was pretty spooked when this happened yesterday. I failed a shiny while using the pokeradar in XY. Now that I have gotten over the initial shock of what happened and the feelings of disappointment from a missed opportunity, I wanted to talk about the experience. Hopefully I will become more educated so that I don't make such a mistake again, and maybe it will also be informative to others, especially because the way that I believe I failed is rather unusual to hear of with this particular method, though there are plenty ways to botch the pokeradar. I use the word "believe" because I am not 100% sure of what happened, but I'm like 99. 9% sure of what I saw.

I was walking in the grass on route 14, trying to find a haunter to form a chain around so I could nab myself a shiny one. This is one of the rarer Pokemon in the area, so I was encountering everything but Haunter, and not able to get a chain off immediately. I saw shelmet, karrablast, skorupi, carnivine, quagsire and weepinbell again and again, and was forced to run from encounters over and over to reset the radar because each time they were the wrong Pokemon. I had bought 200 max repels for the job, but noticed that they had whittled down to 180, but still no Haunter. That quantity still should have been plenty to get me to a chain of 40 once I found Haunter, but I didn't want to keep wasting my repels for an indefinite period of time just trying to find a regular Haunter to begin the chain. Also having to walk another 50 steps every time I ran from the more common Pokemon on the route to charge up the radar's battery made the journey ahead even more tiring. So I decided to reset the radar for a final time, but this time I created a save point after I had taken the mandatory 50 steps. From that point on I would activate the radar, go into the shaking grass, and if Haunter wasn't there soft reset instead of running to save me walk time, start at the same save point--rinse and repeat until I found my first Haunter.

I did this a few times uneventfully, but after walking on one shaking patch of grass something odd happened. Out of the shadows appeared a weepinbell. I grimly soft reset the ds since it wasn't my Pokemon of choice, but as I was resetting I heard a ringing sound, and glanced up. The last thing I saw before the screen faded to black were some blue sparkles floating around the weepinbell! I don't think my eyes were playing tricks on me or that this was a lighting issue. I am pretty sure that it was a shiny weepinbell I just erased forever.

The thing is the grass didn't glitter! I just remember seeing a normal, shaking patch of grass. Had I known that shiny pokemon could appear on normal tiles I would have paid much closer attention to every Pokemon encounter, even if it wasn't the pokeradar Pokemon I was looking for. I am usually very hypervigilant, and it's rare for me to fail a shiny, but shiny pokemon being on non shiny tiles was not something I had accounted for.

I was so singularly focussed on Haunter that I barely looked at the weepinbell when I saw it wasn't the Haunter I needed to begin a chain, and not seeing any sparkles on the ground gave me no reason to alert to a shiny pokemon's presence. It didn't help also that weepinbell has a barely noticeable shiny change.I only processed that it was shiny because I saw light around it. I am so sure that I did!

Even though it wasn't my goal to catch one of these, a shiny is still a shiny. I wouldn't have minded a blue-lipped shiny victrebel. Oh well.

Does anyone else have experience finding shiny pokemon in the rustling grass randomly? Is the experience I am describing indeed something rare that can happen with the pokeradar? Shiny pokemon in regular moving grass tiles, no sparkles in the overworld? I haven't been able to find a lot of documentation about this, but there isn't as much copious info on the pokeradar in general since it's not quite as popular as some of the other gen 6 shiny hunting methods like friend safari, chain fishing, Dexnav or masuda. Just because I haven't read about it doesn't mean it's not true. Please tell me I'm not crazy y'all. I couldn't have imagined this.

Last edited:
    Back