• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Luka when I try to catch a pokemon I´d like to make the pokeball size in battle a little smaller, is it possible? Ty anyways, It just a personal preference ty very much.{:3}

Years
    • Seen today
    So I am using 160x160 sprites for my game, which is the standard size for Pokemon Essentials. I recently tried using the Elite Battle script, which uses smaller sprites. Because of issues I was having, I decided to stop using this script. There's a part in that script that is something like

USENEWUI=True

I switched mine to false so that I am no longer using the Elite Battle System. When I test my game and go into battles, it no longer uses that UI, but my Pokemon sprites are huge! Is the easiest way to fix this just to delete the whole EB script? Or what else can I change?

In the battle section of EBS, you should find this:
    Code:
    # Various config constants used for sprite scaling  
    # used to scale the trainer bitmaps to 200%
    TRAINERSPRITESCALE = 2

# used to scale the Pokemon bitmaps to 200%
    POKEMONSPRITESCALE = 2 

# used to scale the backsprite for battle perspective
    BACKSPRITESCALE = 2
    These scale the sprites, I set mine to 1 but you can play with it.
    It works with the new ui too!

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Hey Luka, I've to say thank you for this wonderful project.
    It looks amazing. My game is so much better now :-)

Allow me 2 questions:

1.) What should I Change in your scripts when I want to give the trainer an order?
    I want to use them their best pokemon at the end.

2.) What should I do that the trainer is talking why sending out his last pokemon?
    I tried this but it didn't work: (in EliteBattle_Battle)

Thanks a lot!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Luka do you know how I can fix a bug(not really a bug but weird) :
    When The enemy uses moves like Peck and Gust It will focus the enemy even though the enemy was the one attacking me.
    Note: Sorry Horrible english

Years

• I have an event in my game where you can fight the other color scheme of the same gender of player character, and they have your team, except "delta-swapped". Due to the fact that player characters having a sprite for all the entry animations, it automatically chooses the entry animation with the highest priority. I was wondering what I would do, if in this one specific case, it chooses a different animation, preferably one that emphasizes the fact that this character is quite literally a mirror image of yourself?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Hey Luka,
    just let me know if this is a specific problem with elite battle system.
    In the battle when there is the sun active i see permanently the sand storm animation.

THX

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Finally was able to download the thing for some reason because it's doesn't show imgs but somehow made it work can anyone tell me why this happens at times and how do I fix.
    Thanks in advance

Years
  • I just downloaded this and it works! Thanks a lot, Luka ^^ Just want to ask, is there any plan for adding triple and rotation battle?

Years
  • I just downloaded this and it works! Thanks a lot, Luka ^^ Just want to ask, is there any plan for adding triple and rotation battle?

That's far more than what EBS does. Most of it is the aesthetics of the battle. You're talking about changing a lot of core gameplay that Essentials doesn't currently have. Not to mention would require a changes to the compiler, since the targeting flags would be heavily modified.

Years
  • A few more questions I think must be answered.

I have came across a few things in my days of Essentials. Can you try to answer at least one of these?

1) <Elite Battle> I have been messing with Elite Battle, and holy crap I love it. What I don't love about it is that it doesn't have a sprite for if a female throws out a pokemon. If someone could send me a picture, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

2) <Elite Battle> I have went into graphics, pictures, EBS, then DS. DS? Can you optimize the game for DS? If you can, I wish to know how, and is it a rom?

3) Some of my custom sprites are out of proportion in game (tchar sprites). Is there like a certain way to fix that?

Thank you if you answer any of these questions! :)

Years
    • Seen today
    1) While it needs to be put together and all, these two pages from the Spriters-Resource would fit this.

2) DS isn't for a ROM, it's for the Essential project bases that try to emulate the DS game styles, mostly via dual screen. There are two projects I know of, Klein's BW Kit and Essentials DS by Venom.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Hey Luka,

I've a big problem with your great elite battle system.

When I use your pokemon.txt all the pokemon will have no ability...
    I even tried to copy your pokemon.txt in a fresh Pokemon Essentials v.16 and there the pokemon won't have abilities as well.

What can I do?

Thank you my friend.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • When The enemy uses moves like Peck and Gust It will focus the enemy even though the enemy was the one attacking me.
    I don't yet exactly know what's causing this issue, but I have noticed it. I'll look into those specific animations more closely, and try to come up with a solution.
    I was wondering what I would do, if in this one specific case, it chooses a different animation, preferably one that emphasizes the fact that this character is quite literally a mirror image of yourself?
    You can always try to edit the Transitions script section, to include some game_switches shenanigans that'd toggle the specific VS transition. Or you can have your trainers be different trainer types, and have the graphics for only the one VS transitions (as is suggested).
    the Battlebacks in the UI download are incomplete. I've gotten errors from missing the Underwater Battlebacks and playerbaseIndoorB.
    Do you have the rest of the battlebacks? if you do could you upload those too?
    If I had all the possible battle backgrounds and bases, I'd include them in the resource pack. What I've included are the only public resources I could find, that fit the required formatting. You can always try to find/make the missing resources yourself.
    Weird, don't know what happened there. I've updated the main resource pack with the fixed v16.x pokemon.txt. Alternatively you can just grab the file from here.

Years
  • Hey Luka,

I've a big problem with your great elite battle system.

I even tried to copy your pokemon.txt in a fresh Pokemon Essentials v.16 and there the pokemon won't have abilities as well.

What can I do?

Thank you my friend.
    This is a problem with the v16.1 editor, not EBS

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2022
    I'm using this script and have changed the POKEMONSPRITESCALE to 1 and the BACKSPRITESCALE is at 2. When I go into battle, the opponent and my Pokemon are both floating. I've tried adjusting the BattlerPlayerY, BattlerEnemyY, and BattlerAltitude settings in the PBS file, but it doesn't change anything. What do I do to lower the sprites? I don't know if it matters, but my sprites are all 160x160, that's why I changed the sprite scale.

Back