• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Weirdest Anime?

Years
  • Yurikuma Arashi was... something.

It's heavily surreal but at its core it might be about lesbianism in Japan, to a similar level that Revolutionary Girl Utena is.

tbh I was confuse by the whole RailDex series and put it on hold. Should I finish it?

The anime doesn't do a great job of explaining many aspects of things going on in the series, because the author was prone to getting unnecessarily wordy in his descriptions in the novels. I still enjoy the series, myself, though, and things do get better explained the deeper in you get for the anime. It also requires employing suspension of disbelief for the way you think religions of the world work (particularly Christianity) because the author takes quite a few creative liberties with them.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • food wars literally like any time someone eats some food it goes into this weird fantasy sequence where their clothes come off and basically like. am i allowed to say this on pc like they. o-word????? god idk i regret making this post i'm leaving bye

I love Food Wars dearly but there's no denying it's definitely up there for one of the weirdest animes I've ever watched.

It's heavily surreal but at its core it might be about lesbianism in Japan, to a similar level that Revolutionary Girl Utena is.

I can definitely see that but there's no denying it's a very weird show.

Last edited:

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Kakegurui. For some reason I realy like it, though. It's about a school where bets are really important. Oh, and I guess SAO, especially Alfheim Online. I liked it while I was watching it, but looking back, it is a weird show.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan

Oof.

I don't even know what drove me to watch it.

damn, this anime... people claimed it was funny, but when I watched it, I found the gore really stupid and unfunny

(and gore doesn't even bother me but seeing the mc abused by this "angel" was really stupid)

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Watching Serial Experiments Lain right now and yeah, it's one of the weirdest things I've seen.
    But not in a "haha funny" kind of weird, it's actually unsettling.

Last edited:

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • We've gotten this far and nobody's mentioned Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

To overly simplify the plot, it's basically like Doctor Who vs. Dracula but everyone's super flamboyant and they beat each other up using their imaginary friends who are named after 80s bands. Go youtube "Jojo without context" or something similar. It's extremely weird but it's also strangely heartfelt (and even heartbreaking) at times.

It's my favorite anime/manga series of all time. Considering that I've been an anime connoisseur for 21+ years and Jojo managed to dethrone my previously-undisputed favorite of many years (Hellsing Ultimate), that really speaks volumes about its quality.

Last edited:
    Back