• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Besides wild Horsea and Seadra, where can I find Dragon Scales?
    Two hours of compound eyes theiving and no luck.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Besides wild Horsea and Seadra, where can I find Dragon Scales?
    Two hours of compound eyes theiving and no luck.

Wild Dratini and Dragonair sometimes hold them too. Dragon Scales can be found in Terminus Cave, but you'll have to keep Rock Smashing rocks there.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Just to ask but does anyone know if Sheer Force Feraligatr is somehow banned from Rating Battles? :P I managed to transfer my Feraligatr from Black 2 and I know it's completely legit but for some reason Rating Battles doesn't allow me to compete with it.
    As far as I know, Sheer Force hasn't been released for Ferligatr, so I'm not sure it's completely legit.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As far as I know, Sheer Force hasn't been released for Ferligatr, so I'm not sure it's completely legit.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Hidden abilities for the starters for Gens 2 and 5 have never been released. We know what they are, but those Pokémon have never been legitimately obtainable with their Hidden abilities (which sucks, because Feraligatr and Serperior would really like their HA's).

So Cameo, I don't think your Feraligatr's completely legit.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Hidden abilities for the starters for Gens 2 and 5 have never been released. We know what they are, but those Pokémon have never been legitimately obtainable with their Hidden abilities (which sucks, because Feraligatr and Serperior would really like their HA's).

So Cameo, I don't think your Feraligatr's completely legit.

Oh damn, I would have wanted to use it on Rating Battles because it's really good actually. I actually got it from a trade and been saving it for my Pokémon X because I thought it was pretty cool to have Totodile's HA. :/ Weird though that PokéBank let me still transfer it to X and didn't block it.

Well, thanks anyway for answering. :3 Now I atleast know the reason.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I know that breeding 2 pokemon of the same species will speed up egg production, but how about breeding a pokemon with its evolved form? (e.g.: Meowstic + Espurr)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I know that breeding 2 pokemon of the same species will speed up egg production, but how about breeding a pokemon with its evolved form? (e.g.: Meowstic + Espurr)

I think I tried this and found that it doesn't speed it up, but I'm only like 90% sure. You can check and if it says they don't like each other much then it doesn't help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    EVs through eggs...

having difficulty trying to understand which hatched eggs have the EVs i'm trying to pass over or not have...
    is there a way to tell by chance?
    any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Newly hatched pokémon don't have any EVs. o_0

I'm assuming you mean IVs and the only way to do that within the game is talk to the man on the left-hand side of the Kiloude City Pokémon Center, and his phrase will change depending on the sum of the pokémon's IVs and which stat has the best value.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    breeding 2 pokemon of the same species will speed up egg production

not always.
    talk to the man (or the Egg Giver) and check if your PKMN likes each other or not.
    if they don't like each other, then producing Eggs would seriously take a while, even with the Oval Charm. >_>

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • not always.
    talk to the man (or the Egg Giver) and check if your PKMN likes each other or not.
    For things which are genderless or those who can't breed, right?

having difficulty trying to understand which hatched eggs have the EVs i'm trying to pass over or not have...
    is there a way to tell by chance?
    any advice would be greatly appreciated :D
    Another less-convenient method is to use Lumiose City's Battle Institute. Save before conducting the Battle Test. The Battle Test will temporarily raise your pokemon to lv50, making its IVs easier to find. Use an online IV calculator, such as Metalkid's or Veekun's, and type them in. And then you can Soft Reset (L+R+Start/Sel). The IV calculator will usually report IVs with a range of 1.

If you're breeding purely for 31 and 0 IVs, then you're better off just using the Kiloude City Stat Judge. Although this method can still come in handy if you're just looking for decent IVs in general or if you're trying to get Hidden Power.

Question: If a father has 4 egg moves, and a mother has 4 egg moves... what determines which 4 egg moves the child will have?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Question: If a father has 4 egg moves, and a mother has 4 egg moves... what determines which 4 egg moves the child will have?

I want to say that the Father's Egg Moves may trump the mother's in priority. I don't know if anyone has tested or not. Since mother already dictates Species (with a few exceptions) and Abilities, I want to say father gets priority on Egg Moves assuming the mother and father don't share egg moves.

NOPE I was wrong. Mother determines roughly everything now.

bulbapedia said:
    Any passable moves the mother knows now take priority over the father's moves.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breeding#Passing_moves_down

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Is Air Slash a priority move?
    I don't think it is but I'm having a hard time figuring out how Togekiss was outspeeding my Timid Mega-Houndoom.

Edit: And no, I wasn't Paralyzed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Is Air Slash a priority move?
    I don't think it is but I'm having a hard time figuring out how Togekiss was outspeeding my Timid Mega-Houndoom.

Air Slash is not a priority move. Maybe Trick Room was up or Togekiss was scarfed?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is Air Slash a priority move?

Air Slash is not a priority move. Was there a Tailwind blowing? Did you use a move with negative priority? Maybe they were running a weird-ass set with max Speed and a Scarf? Was the Togekiss Baton Passed speed boosts? Sticky Web? Trick Room?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Air Slash is not a priority move. Was there a Tailwind blowing? Did you use a move with negative priority? Maybe they were running a weird-ass set with max Speed and a Scarf? Was the Togekiss Baton Passed speed boosts? Sticky Web? Trick Room?

Nope, none of the above. :/ Unless Fire Blast has negative priority that I didn't know about.
    It might have been the max speed/scarf combo, how much does the Scarf boost speed? Now that I think about it, they weren't using anything other than Air Slash.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I had a feeling that the mother's would take precedence, despite it being the father's role last generation. That'll make it easier for me, too.

Nope, none of the above. :/ Unless Fire Blast has negative priority that I didn't know about.
    It might have been the max speed/scarf combo, how much does the Scarf boost speed? Now that I think about it, they weren't using anything other than Air Slash.
    Scarf raises speed by 50%. A lv50 Mega Houndoom can go up to 183, and lv50 Togekiss goes up to lv45, so a scarf Togekiss would outspeed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    Need help with battle spot.

Hey guy's im having trouble with battle spot im kinda new to competitive battling
    My setup is
    huge power azumarill flawless I'VS (belly drum, aqua jet , play rough , superpower)Adamant
    Flash fire houndoom Flawless I'VS (nasty plot , flamethrower,solar beam , dark pulse)Timid
    Steadfast shiny lucario flawless I'vs ( reversal . me first , vacuum wave , swords dance)Modest
    Water absorb Shiny seismitoad flawless I'vs (stealth rock, hail , posion jab , toxic) relaxed
    Levitate rotom wash Iv's in sp at and hp , (hydro pump , thunder wave , sunny day , hex) Modest
    Inner focus Dragonite not checked I'vs as just traded , (Hyper beam , hurricance , dragon rush , thunderbolt) timid

So i play doubles really enjoy it , but i get lose nearly all game's , except sometimes i own , is super training a must as i havn't done it for my rotom or dragonite? , and held items i only have a hp restoring berry for after belly drum with azumarill?

Basicially i choose at random which pokemon to use i use nearly the same no matter what im facing

Azumarill , lucario , houndoom , seismitoad

Ill send out azumarill , lucario and try belly drum , usually i get it off and aqua jet but sometimes i fail to kill and i just die , i dont have any support? , i always get people putting me to sleep , im use to clearing through the games and i just attack attack attack , and i've noticed you need strategy to win online.

So basically guy's what pokemon and basic tips can you give me to double's i do like hitting hard not wearing them down , but i usually just get ♥♥♥♥ed over from them killing me before i kill them :S if this post made no sense sorry im a real noob at online battling but its so fun

Ps does it matter if i cap them at lvl 50 instead of 100 as its scaled down cheers.

eevee-4-ever

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • jirachi and Mew?

I was wondering is there a way to get mew or jirachi in pokemon x? Can i catch them? Please help a fellow trainer out.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    EV training (Super Training) is a very important part of battles. Sitrus Berry is actually a good item for Belly Drum Azumarill. And for Battle Spot, your don't need to get your Pokemon to a higher level than 50, unless there's some move you need that the Pokemon learns at a level higher than 50 or it doesn't evolve until a level higher than 50.

I don't do doubles much, but I can point out some things that need fixing on your team:

-Solar Beam isn't that great on Houndoom because of the charge up turn. So it needs sun support (and not from Rotom-W's Sunny Day) to make it useful
    -Lucario prefers a speed boosting nature
    -Seismitoad is not all that good
    -Your Rotom should probably look like this:
    Rotom-W w/Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 232 HP, 56 Sp.Attack, 220 Speed
    Moves: Hydro Pump, Volt switch/Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp, Hidden Power/Pain split
    -Dragonite is much better with Multiscale (its Hidden ability) and a Jolly or Adamant nature
    -and an offensive style of play is usually good for doubles

Also, we have a section for battles and team fixing and stuff. The Battle Center is just a few sections under this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back