• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Personalities

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I did the test on one of my favorite RP characters I've ever made. Selena Bravo of the first version of Glided Halls.

This is what she got:

CAMPAIGNER PERSONALITY (ENFP, -A/-T)

It doesn?t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for ? and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart?s longing. It doesn?t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool ? for love ? for your dreams ? for the adventure of being alive.

Oriah Mountain Dreamer
    The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

Campaigner personality
    You Can Change the World With Just an Idea

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, Campaigners, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected ? but unlike Analyst personality types, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, Campaigners see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

Campaigners are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.

Many other types are likely to find these qualities irresistible, and if they?ve found a cause that sparks their imagination, Campaigners will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru ? but this isn?t always where independence-loving Campaigners want to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by the administrative tasks and routine maintenance that can accompany a leadership position. Campaigners? self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative ? they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.

Don?t Lose That ?Little Spark of Madness?

Luckily, Campaigners know how to relax, and they are perfectly capable of switching from a passionate, driven idealist in the workplace to that imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even their closest friends. Being in the mix also gives them a chance to connect emotionally with others, giving them cherished insight into what motivates their friends and colleagues. They believe that everyone should take the time to recognize and express their feelings, and their empathy and sociability make that a natural conversation topic.

The Campaigner personality type needs to be careful, however ? if they rely too much on their intuition, assume or anticipate too much about a friend?s motivations, they can misread the signals and frustrate plans that a more straightforward approach would have made simple. This kind of social stress is the bugbear that keeps harmony-focused Diplomats awake at night. Campaigners are very emotional and sensitive, and when they step on someone?s toes, they both feel it.

Campaigners will spend a lot of time exploring social relationships, feelings and ideas before they find something that really rings true. But when they finally do find their place in the world, their imagination, empathy and courage are likely to produce incredible results.

It's been four years or so since I was in that roleplay (which I wish it was brought back, I really enjoyed it!), and it was amazing to bring Selena into this great character who was careful towards the people around her. Conflicts were easy to solve, especially since she had an anger issue as a younger teenager.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I took it as Jebediah from Gunpowder and well... I actually kind of laughed when I saw a couple of the questions and thought about how he'd answer. Like, 'you feel more energetic after spending time around a group of people' or 'your workplace is often very tidy'.

ENTP, -A/-T

The Debater personality type is the ultimate devil?s advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Debaters don?t do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it?s fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than Debaters, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

An odd juxtaposition arises with Debaters, as they are uncompromisingly honest, but will argue tirelessly for something they don?t actually believe in, stepping into another?s shoes to argue a truth from another perspective.
    Playing the devil?s advocate helps people with the Debater personality type to not only develop a better sense of others? reasoning, but a better understanding of opposing ideas ? since Debaters are the ones arguing them.

This tactic shouldn?t be confused with the sort of mutual understanding Diplomat personalities seek ? Debaters, like all Analyst personality types, are on a constant quest for knowledge, and what better way to gain it than to attack and defend an idea, from every angle, from every side?

There Are no Rules Here ? We?re Trying to Accomplish Something!

Taking a certain pleasure in being the underdog, Debaters enjoy the mental exercise found in questioning the prevailing mode of thought, making them irreplaceable in reworking existing systems or shaking things up and pushing them in clever new directions. However, they?ll be miserable managing the day-to-day mechanics of actually implementing their suggestions. Debater personalities love to brainstorm and think big, but they will avoid getting caught doing the ?grunt work? at all costs. Debaters only make up about three percent of the population, which is just right, as it lets them create original ideas, then step back to let more numerous and fastidious personalities handle the logistics of implementation and maintenance.

Debaters? capacity for debate can be a vexing one ? while often appreciated when it?s called for, it can fall painfully flat when they step on others? toes by say, openly questioning their boss in a meeting, or picking apart everything their significant other says. This is further complicated by Debaters? unyielding honesty, as this type doesn?t mince words and cares little about being seen as sensitive or compassionate. Likeminded types get along well enough with people with the Debater personality type, but more sensitive types, and society in general, are often conflict-averse, preferring feelings, comfort, and even white lies over unpleasant truths and hard rationality.

This frustrates Debaters, and they find that their quarrelsome fun burns many bridges, oftentimes inadvertently, as they plow through others? thresholds for having their beliefs questioned and their feelings brushed aside. Treating others as they?d be treated, Debaters have little tolerance for being coddled, and dislike when people beat around the bush, especially when asking a favor. Debater personalities find themselves respected for their vision, confidence, knowledge, and keen sense of humor, but often struggle to utilize these qualities as the basis for deeper friendships and romantic relationships.

Opportunity Is Missed Because It Looks Like Hard Work

Debaters have a longer road than most in harnessing their natural abilities ? their intellectual independence and free-form vision are tremendously valuable when they?re in charge, or at least have the ear of someone who is, but getting there can take a level of follow-through that Debaters struggle with.

Once they?ve secured such a position, Debaters need to remember that for their ideas to come to fruition, they will always depend on others to assemble the pieces ? if they?ve spent more time ?winning? arguments than they have building consensus, many Debaters will find they simply don?t have the support necessary to be successful. Playing devil?s advocate so well, people with this personality type may find that the most complex and rewarding intellectual challenge is to understand a more sentimental perspective, and to argue consideration and compromise alongside logic and progress.

I think it fits pretty well for the most part.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The tagline for the personality Emmett received is There are no rules. Almost his whole personality is extremes. Extraverted, prospecting, and most surprisingly, thinking. ESTP-A, all-in-all.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Interesting. Did Priam from Glaciate, but I don't have a whole lot to judge how I'd react as him.

ADVENTURER PERSONALITY (ISFP)

Adventurer personalities are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they?re out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it?s that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior ? chances are, they?ve expressed more than once the phrase ?Don?t box me in!?

Interesting. I don't necessarily see him as someone pushing the boundaries, but I do enjoy the aspect of not wanting to be "trapped", socially or otherwise.

Actually, the dude wears fucking antlers. He's pushing social norms more than I thought.

Adventurers live to find ways to push their passions. Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm.

Yup, always planned to make him "aware" of what's around him. Also insert joke about the Priam harem here.

However, if a criticism does get through, it can end poorly. Some Adventurers can handle kindly phrased commentary, valuing it as another perspective to help push their passions in new directions. But if the comments are more biting and less mature, Adventurer personalities can lose their tempers in spectacular fashion.

Talk shit, get hit seems pretty Priam-ish. If he wasn't such a wuss.

But living in the moment goes both ways, and once the heightened emotions of an argument cool, Adventurers can usually call the past the past and move on as though it never occurred.

He might be getting somewhat over the past, but I still think it's a big thing for him.

If these goals and principles are noble, Adventurers can act with amazing charity and selflessness ? but it can also happen that people with the Adventurer personality type establish a more self-centered identity, acting with selfishness, manipulation and egoism. It?s important for Adventurers to remember to actively become the person they want to be.

And there he is! Selfish, but wanting to be better? Right on the nose.

Years
  • I did one as my character Hostage from Capes and got this

5FgIoOB.png

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Entrepreneurs always have an impact on their immediate surroundings ? the best way to spot them at a party is to look for the whirling eddy of people flitting about them as they move from group to group. Laughing and entertaining with a blunt and earthy humor, Entrepreneur personalities love to be the center of attention. If an audience member is asked to come on stage, Entrepreneurs volunteer ? or volunteer a shy friend.

Theory, abstract concepts and plodding discussions about global issues and their implications don?t keep Entrepreneurs interested for long. Entrepreneurs keep their conversation energetic, with a good dose of intelligence, but they like to talk about what is ? or better yet, to just go out and do it. Entrepreneurs leap before they look, fixing their mistakes as they go, rather than sitting idle, preparing contingencies and escape clauses.

That sounds about right xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I just used my current character from Outbreak. This is what Anne got:

e0325f59ed514465b91b9e5ddbdd9c1e.png

The Logistician personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make Logisticians a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the Logistician personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do – when working towards a goal, Logisticians hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.

Logisticians don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. Logistician personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. Logisticians have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details – if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, Logisticians can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

Back