• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] How will we get Manaphy?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
If you guys recall, Manaphy was in the Sinnoh Pokedex, but you could only obtain it through sending an egg over through Pokemon Ranger.

Pokemon Ranger obviously hasn't made a new game in over a decade now. How do you think we'll be able to get Manaphy in BDSP? I hope it's not just through Mystery Gift, that'd be really lame.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
RANGER 4 CONFIRMED okay, no.

My wild hope, which I know is not likely but will hold onto until I am proven wrong, is that it'll be a Victini type thing where there's an event for it very early on, and it comes at a low enough level that you can use it throughout the game (or better yet, in egg form). That was so good in BW, and it'd be perfect for a mythical Pokemon that's known for hatching from an egg and being able to be "raised" by the player!!

Senoue

I'm back to rise!
Years
I think it'll just become some sort of in game event that won't require us going to anything special irl. Or at the very least, they will add some sort of online mystery gift feature and give it away as a pre-order bonus

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
It's most likely going to be just another Mystery Gift. But who knows? In ORAS they gave us Deoxys as part of the postgame so maybe they do something similar with Manaphy.

Years
Would be nice if the game boxes came with a 1 time use mystery gift code for a Manaphy. Kinda doubt it though.
Kinda hope they'll do something ingame for it, like ORAS did with Deoxys or Sword/Shield with Keldeo.

Last edited:
Years
i mean, since the rumors say we will only get pokemon from gen1 to gen 4, I hope there will be in game events for legendaries and for mythical pokemon. it would be cool

Years
RANGER 4 CONFIRMED okay, no.

My wild hope, which I know is not likely but will hold onto until I am proven wrong, is that it'll be a Victini type thing where there's an event for it very early on, and it comes at a low enough level that you can use it throughout the game (or better yet, in egg form). That was so good in BW, and it'd be perfect for a mythical Pokemon that's known for hatching from an egg and being able to be "raised" by the player!!

Would honestly love this but a big part of me feels like it'll just be a WiFi event like we've had with SwSh, where they just give you the special Pokémon/item without any story behind it. I miss when we got little stories/had reasons for getting things. :(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hoping you can catch it or just through a Mystery Gift giveaway. It'd make sense either way IMO.

Currently, we're getting it through Mystery Gift if we buy the games early/a preorder bonus.

I'd love it if we could just catch it in game, though, as opposed to being just given it to us. Oh, well.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I wonder if there will be a way to get it later once that mystery gift ends for those that can't purchase the game right away?

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Currently, we're getting it through Mystery Gift if we buy the games early/a preorder bonus.

I'd love it if we could just catch it in game, though, as opposed to being just given it to us. Oh, well.

I am really hoping we can just find it in the game and get it given to us. Not every person can preorder or buy early.

I wonder if there will be a way to get it later once that mystery gift ends for those that can't purchase the game right away?

I am hoping so!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

I am doubting this. If they didn't do it in Let's Go. They probably aren't going to do it with these games. If you miss it, you miss it. Perhaps we will just our right get one in the future from an event or when they release Manaphy in Pokemon Go, which I am not sure if they have or not yet, but I wouldn't expect to get the Egg again if you don't preorder or get the game early.

You'll get one chance. And that is it. That is what I would expect. Especially since it doesn't look like they plan to support to game much past being release, since it isn't connected or compatible with SwSh.

Years
  • Age 18
  • NC
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
If you guys recall, Manaphy was in the Sinnoh Pokedex, but you could only obtain it through sending an egg over through Pokemon Ranger.

Pokemon Ranger obviously hasn't made a new game in over a decade now. How do you think we'll be able to get Manaphy in BDSP? I hope it's not just through Mystery Gift, that'd be really lame.

Must be an easter egg ig

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Manaphy egg from pokemon ranger was a really nice interaction with Diamond and Pearl.
It is sad that we are not having something like this again.

Back